• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wouldn't suggest the M9 tho. That trashy trash. My dude picked one up yesterday, returned it today. Also wouldn't suggest the iPhone, since they'll probably drop a 6S in like 4 months. 

what exactly about the M9 made you/him think it was "trashy trash". I've had mine about a week and love it. i have 3-4 friends that switched from iphone or S5 to M9 as well and all of them are loving it as well.

HTC are rock solid phone, if camera aint the high on your list .....i came from M8 to S6E, even tho touchwiz improved with the S6E, it still aint touching HTC Sense ....

HTC are rock solid phone, if camera aint the high on your list .....i came from M8 to S6E, even tho touchwiz improved with the S6E, it still aint touching HTC Sense ....

agreed, and honestly the camera is getting better and better. they pushed out a new update a day or 2 ago and everyone across all carriers is saying its very improved. heres some sample pics from an XDA user. the ones at the beginning were when the phone first came out and the later ones were with the new update. theyre all dated so you'll know which are which.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/maik_reifschneider/sets/72157651505923058/

Last edited:
Anyone know of an app that lets you record phone calls? I made the mistake of showing my mom my phone with a custom rom that has call recording within it and now she wants that feature and I'm not gonna root her phone cause that would probably make her uncomfortable.

PLEASE RESPOND

Last edited:
Anyone know of an app that lets you record phone calls? I made the mistake of showing my mom my phone with a custom rom that has call recording within it and now she wants that feature and I'm not gonna root her phone cause that would probably make her uncomfortable.

PLEASE RESPOND
bruh .

Just Google it.

Ain't nothing wrong with that decision..do you plehboii :pimp:

I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Last edited:
EWD always gotta take things to the next level.

EWD what do you recc right now, of course i wanna hear opinions then check out for myself

[COLOR=#red] There are a range of phones I could see myself with, the S6 Edge, LG G4, Nexus 6, M9, Droid Turbo, and the One Plus 2 whenever it came out. I'd be happy with either one of those at this point.

what exactly about the M9 made you/him think it was "trashy trash". I've had mine about a week and love it. i have 3-4 friends that switched from iphone or S5 to M9 as well and all of them are loving it as well.

What are the generic snapdragon 810 issues? overheating has been fixed by the new updates and the phone has literally 0 lag even with the supposed throttling that was introduced and it doesnt overheat either. Did your buddy do any of the OTAs? The stuff you're mentioning is stuff that was present maybe a month ago but has since been corrected for the most part. with 100% charge I get 3 hrs SOT and about 22 hours per cycle and im on sprint with **** service nearly everywhere I go. Granted its not a perfect phone by any means and the camera still needs work to reach S6 or iphone levels but its more than capable. It just seems like you never played with it and gave it a full run. A lot of reviewers who were bashing the M9 at first are now saying they prefer it over the S6 after a week of using both plus they said the S6 has worse battery life. I think the S6 is still a great device that has pros the M9 doesnt and vice versa. Just don't think its fair to steer others away calling it trash without actually using it yourself for any extended period of time.

Good weight is a plus for me, that's why I LOVED the M7. Hate lightweight phones.

I can't 100% blame HTC with going with the 810, they went with the latest tech.

What are the generic snapdragon 810 issues? overheating has been fixed by the new updates and the phone has literally 0 lag even with the supposed throttling that was introduced and it doesnt overheat either. Did your buddy do any of the OTAs? The stuff you're mentioning is stuff that was present maybe a month ago but has since been corrected for the most part. with 100% charge I get 3 hrs SOT and about 22 hours per cycle and im on sprint with **** service nearly everywhere I go. Granted its not a perfect phone by any means and the camera still needs work to reach S6 or iphone levels but its more than capable. It just seems like you never played with it and gave it a full run. A lot of reviewers who were bashing the M9 at first are now saying they prefer it over the S6 after a week of using both plus they said the S6 has worse battery life. I think the S6 is still a great device that has pros the M9 doesnt and vice versa. Just don't think its fair to steer others away calling it trash without actually using it yourself for any extended period of time.
The S6 gets 5 hours screen on time with a quad-HD display though. The fact that the M9 actually struggles to get near the same time with a 1080p is just a little mind boggling. And yes, you're right. It's the throttling which are the 810 issues. You can't utilize SD810's full potential for more than a couple minutes at best, if even that (not HTC's problem, but maybe they shouldn't have chosen the chip). That's why I said the Z4 is preferable, because they're in the same boat. Neither company really had any significant upgrades to add to their phone. Sony did the small incremental upgrades and kept everything else generally the same as HTC did, but decided to just silently let the Z4 release without any marketing knowing their new "flagship" didn't really warrant a whole new campaign. On the other hand, HTC tried to push the M9 as that new new, which it isn't. That's not to say the M9 isn't a good phone, it's just not a great phone. To be honest, most of the flagships this year fell short, but the M9 fell the shortest. 

Just copped the s6 edge yesterday, and i can say that ibreally like it so far. The batter life is pretty average for a smartphone and i like the overall quality. My brother downloaded a million games on here already. Im at around 30% . Great phone to me. Im not techie so thats all the reveiw i got.

Just scrolled through the customer T-Mobile reviews for the S6, like 75% of them list the battery life as a "Con". :lol:

That can't just be an odd coincidence.

The S6 gets 5 hours screen on time with a quad-HD display though. The fact that the M9 actually struggles to get near the same time with a 1080p is just a little mind boggling. And yes, you're right. It's the throttling which are the 810 issues. You can't utilize SD810's full potential for more than a couple minutes at best, if even that (not HTC's problem, but maybe they shouldn't have chosen the chip). That's why I said the Z4 is preferable, because they're in the same boat. Neither company really had any significant upgrades to add to their phone. Sony did the small incremental upgrades and kept everything else generally the same as HTC did, but decided to just silently let the Z4 release without any marketing knowing their new "flagship" didn't really warrant a whole new campaign. On the other hand, HTC tried to push the M9 as that new new, which it isn't. That's not to say the M9 isn't a good phone, it's just not a great phone. To be honest, most of the flagships this year fell short, but the M9 fell the shortest. 

damn you must have a special S6 then cause everybody ive seen with the S6 on xda is complaining of horrible battery life :lol: even saw a couple big time phone reviewers on twitter a week or so ago say the battery life on the S6E was very average at best. why does not utilizing the full SD810 matter though if the phone is still faster and smoother than every other phone on the market right now? I an agree with you that every flagship this year is pretty much a let down but to say the M9 is the worst is wrong imo. just cause they did a minor design upgrade doesn't make it a worse phone. it outperforms the M8 in every way inlcuding playing every high intensity game without a glitch or hiccup. its all personal opinion though, we all clearly have our stances and nothing can really change that haha which is what I like about android phones. so many choices

I've had the S6 Edge for a couple weeks now. At first I was experiencing pretty bad battery life, but after I switched to constantly being on Power Saving Mode, it's been better. The phone isn't as smooth in this mode, but it is livable on a day to day basis.

Thanks to whoever suggested snaplock. i like it a lot.

and the Textra ads are nothing. it just shows up as a text in your list of messages. and i haven't even gotten one in over a day. they did a nice job of not making them intrusive

It's speculated that the Z4 that was shown is only for Japan, the "real" update for everyone else comes late this year. I hope this is true. With that said, the Z3/Z4 looks very good, heard there were some problems with software and it isn't optimized as good as HTC M8/M9 so it's not as consistently smooth. Moto X(2015) with Snapdragon 808 and dual speakers would be killer though.

[COLOR=#red]

]

Throwback photo. My OG Note and my SGS2. I bought the Note on release day Feb 18th 2012 in Chicago right before catching my flight back to D.C.

I bought my SGS2 while I was in Afghanistan. Somebody stole my iPhone 4 in Afghanistan right before the IPhone 4S announcement. I was so disappointed with the reveal of the 4S that I bought the SGS2 and had it shipped to my mom house. I the. Had DHL pick it up and send it 2 day Air to Afghanistan for almost $300 :lol: Before then the only Samsung phone I had was a flipphone back in 2001.

Last edited:
Enjoying Lollipop for the most part, it's smoother, but I do think my battery is running down a bit faster it seems from doing regular activities. 

Back
Top Bottom