• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Any of yall download the Google opinion rewards app? They send you a short survey once or twice a week and give you google play credit. Usually only 20-60 cents but it adds up. Earned little over $19  since I downloaded it last september. Haven't paid for an app with my own money since.
Good looks, already got my dollar. Have a rep.

Note 4 lolipop users battery stats? :nerd:

I haven't used it myself, but I know people on reddit were complaining that the implementation was pretty awful.

I also like Textra's style a bit more, less wasted space in the conversation so you can see more, and the ability to use a dark theme.

I'll give Messenger another try, though. I liked it a lot for awhile.

Last edited:
Textra is well worth the dollar, hopefully they'll add some features like having contact pictures next to the bubbles in texts. Google Messenger is cool, just wish contact pictures were hi res. Just tried EvolveSMS, really like the options and stuff on it. Using it as my main SMS app currently.  

I dont even use quick reply in Textra, its never been a make or break feature for me, I'll turn it on today though and see what its like. 

I'm sticking with Textra for a multitude of reasons; Mainly because I'm so used to it, it uses the iOS emojis instead of the Android ones which look totally different and when people sent me emojis half the time I couldnt understand what they were trying to convey, the dark theme, the built in gif support, etc etc etc.

Just got the notification that my free trial is over. I wanted to see how intrusive the ads were so I clicked free, but I havent seen one yet, maybe its because I have Adway? 

Lack of Xposed Framework for 5.0 Touchwiz is the only thing keeping me from jumping to 5.0 at this point, they need to hurry up with that.

Quick reply for textra is too nice.

The messaging app on the s6 isn't terrible and I used it for a couple weeks, but textra is what I've used for so long and prefer it.

Last edited:
I dont even use quick reply in Textra, its never been a make or break feature for me, I'll turn it on today though and see what its like. 

I'm sticking with Textra for a multitude of reasons; Mainly because I'm so used to it, it uses the iOS emojis instead of the Android ones which look totally different and when people sent me emojis half the time I couldnt understand what they were trying to convey, the dark theme, the built in gif support, etc etc etc.

Just got the notification that my free trial is over. I wanted to see how intrusive the ads were so I clicked free, but I havent seen one yet, maybe its because I have Adway? 
[rule]Lack of Xposed Framework for 5.0 Touchwiz is the only thing keeping me from jumping to 5.0 at this point, they need to hurry up with that.

You can download the Emoji switcher to switch them. I used that app. So now it's ios emojis across the board

S6 brahs.. 5.1.1 soon 
nerd.gif

I know the 5.1 helped the N6 a good amount. I wonder if the 5.1.1 will help S6 with it's battery life

Did the note go straight to 5.1.1?

If not what were some differences between 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

I got rid of my Note before the lollipop update dropped.

No. It went to 5.0.1

I'm running an aosp rom that was updated to 5.1.1. It was supposed to fix the memory leak and make things smoother which I can agree

I had 5.0.1 for 2 days and would notice a few stutters here and there but 5.1.1 eliminated it

Did the note go straight to 5.1.1?

If not what were some differences between 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

I got rid of my Note before the lollipop update dropped.
No. It went to 5.0.1

I'm running an aosp rom that was updated to 5.1.1. It was supposed to fix the memory leak and make things smoother which I can agree

I had 5.0.1 for 2 days and would notice a few stutters here and there but 5.1.1 eliminated it
Good looks on the emoji thing, just downloaded. 

You dont miss the SPen at all running an ASOP rom? SPen is probably the only TW feature I use, love the screenshot aspect of it.

I do miss it. The notifications on the lock screen really gets me using this rom. I have a bunch on other apps I used to have notifications on the lock screenshot but lollipop does it perfectly

Used the screenshot with s;-pen thing religiously on my note 4 :lol: so much better than ss the whole screen then cropping what you originally wanted.

Last edited:
ok i finally need a new phone

my htc one was very reliable whats next? s6 edge i heard battery sucks. when is the new note coming out??

maybe i should finally switch to iphone

ok i finally need a new phone

my htc one was very reliable whats next? s6 edge i heard battery sucks. when is the new note coming out??

maybe i should finally switch to iphone
battery life isn't any better there.

Note 5 won't be out til later in the year.

Can confirm s6 edge battery life is very average. Can also confirm iPhone 6 battery life is also average. Have both phones at the moment using the s6 more right now.

Last edited:
so am i missing something? on the nexus phones, on lollipop, u get notifications on the lock screen, and you can double tap to go straight to it.

you can't do that with the note 4. is it because samsung, or am i overlooking a feature?

[COLOR=#red]Last time I checked the word average means par not suckie.

Anyway I never understood the logic of asking other people what I should buy, in the consumer sense anyway. You think I'm gonna trust another guy's bias?

Last time I checked the word average means par not suckie.

Anyway I never understood the logic of asking other people what I should buy, in the consumer sense anyway. You think I'm gonna trust another guy's bias?
Is it Bias or is it trusting the opinions of those more knowledgeable than yourself? I knew nothing of Android phones and which were bad and which were not until I came into this thread. If it wasnt for this thread I would still be completely lost and totally uneducated about these phones and there are several people including yourself who's opinions I carry in high regard in terms of these phones.

Without this thread I'd be rocking the Motorola Photon Q or some nonsense (hated the first Photon, they said it was gonna get KitKat and never did)

[COLOR=#red]Last time I checked the word average means par not suckie.

Whose bias are you gonna trust? The manufacturers bias? A publications bias? Personally I don't have the money to try out all these products, so I rely on the opinions of others to help me make an educated purchase. Sure that includes biased opinions and objective opinions, but that's up to you to decipher through

Back
Top Bottom