• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing to "ehhh" about LG manufacturing the next Nexus. The 4 and 5 were/are incredible devices at an unbelievable price point. If Qualcomm can push out the Snapdragon 820 to it.....I would be buying it for sure. I'm not sure I can go away from a Nexus phone ever again.

Your right in that aspect, but I would just like to see other manufacturers get a crack at it (Sony, HTC ect.) and see what they can cook up

Truth. I'd love to have a Sony or Motorola nexus phone.

lolwut

Nah that's a Nexus tablet with phone functionality

This. Was so disappointed when that joint was announced due to size more so than cost.

This Nexus 5 2014 (Moto X) tho has been probably my favorite phone ever outside of the just average battery life/camera. I swear if VZW doesn't get the next nexus.....

Lets be honest, Moto X has one of the lightest-skinned UI. It's basically a Nexus.

You're right about Moto's UI, but Moto's terrible about releasing software updates. If my memory serves me right, they up and said "we're not going to roll out the 5.0 update, but instead focus on 5.1." That was like 3 months ago. I think 5.1 is FINALLY rolling out.

It's definitely not "basically a Nexus." There's still some hoops to jump through for flashing ROMs and kernels even with the Developer/Pure editions of the phones. I was hoping that the GPE M8 I bought was "basically a Nexus," but really it isn't especially with the S-ON/S-OFF business. Unlocking the bootloader was a pain in the *** too.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, Moto X has one of the lightest-skinned UI. It's basically a Nexus.

You're right about Moto's UI, but Moto's terrible about releasing software updates. If my memory serves me right, they up and said "we're not going to roll out the 5.0 update, but instead focus on 5.1." That was like 3 months ago. I think 5.1 is FINALLY rolling out.

That was only for the 2013 version.

5.1 is rolling out right now tho.

The Xperia phones are great, but they have the worst marketing.

My bro got the Xperia Z when it came out and I was so jealous,

I was rocking with a busted old HTC Amaze.

The Z3 is a great phone, and I would cop, but that G4 is calling me.

Last edited:
Speaking of Sony and Xperia, it's finally got a Lollipop update (T-mobile OTA).  Will trade it in for the Z3+ if it ever releases in the US though.

Yeah the Xperia really is a great phone.

always was attracted to its water resistance and its sleek form. would def love a sony nexus. but thats where cyanogenmod comes in

nexus 5 was fantastic. probably one of the best phones i've ever owned. a bigger battery would go a long way.

Last edited:
seeing some rumors that xiaomi wants to buy out HTC. im an HTC fan but I am sort of intrigued by that

Speaking of Sony and Xperia, it's finally got a Lollipop update (T-mobile OTA).  Will trade it in for the Z3+ if it ever releases in the US though.
just updated last night everything thing is super smooth but the interface of certain things is going to take time to get adjusted to same basic interface for 5+ years and now we change

seeing some rumors that xiaomi wants to buy out HTC. im an HTC fan but I am sort of intrigued by that

I'm ok with it. I don't know if HTC has the resources to do whatever it is they want to do. This should hopefully allow them to actually change up their current hardware design language

Back
Top Bottom