Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quick question.

I've recently cut the cord and want to buy a chromebook to pair with my chromecast and basically be my TV.  The one i'm looking at is only a 1366x768 resolution.  If cast say Netflix or HBO go, is it only going to cast up to that resolution, or can it cast full HD?

It can cast full HD. The only time it would cast at that resolution is if you were casting from Google Chrome or something through your chromebook. The chromecast is separate from your chromebook/phone and will stream independly.

I like it a lot, actually. Externally it has a nice feel. I've grown accustomed to its slight curve; didn't think it would matter much but it feels almost weird to hold a completely flat phone now.

Functionality is smooth as butter. No glitches or anything like that, very polished and complete.

The camera is utterly stunning, 16 mp rear facing, 8 mp front facing. There's a manual mode that offers the same options as a dslr. One of my favorites is adjusting the shutter speed and taking light trail pics.

I'm coming from a note 4 and I thought I'd miss the physical button, but I've gotten used to the on screen setup, which is customizable thus making it a bit more convenient. If I can deal with losing physical keyboards altogether, I can deal with a button missing.

I'm not a spec geek but the Internet is fast.

Good looks.

Think I'm gonna get one with my jump upgrade and get that free battery and SD card from LG. Was considering the S6, but that's jus too good a deal to pass up.

My dudes, I'm announcing to you guys first...after successfully snagging two job opportunities at two of the most successful companies in the entire world, I'm going for a third...Google.

It can be done, and mostly because I've already worked for two beasts and the highest levels of Fed Govt. I'll keep Yall posted. If anything you guys who are interested in high technology careers can take notes on how to make it happen.
For sure. Keep us posted.

I've been interested in working for Google for a while now. Definitely wanna hear someone else's experiences.

:lol: :lol: This wording.

Good luck bro and please keep us posted. Anything you want to share could also be put into the Jobless thread. A lot of good stuff and good dudes in there.

[COLOR=#red]Preciate it my dude, and yeah the wording skunds like a bad movie trailer dub :lol:

I'm a product of NT i started with no college degree, if i can do it most of y'all in here can too.[/COLOR]

1DbpRVE.gif
google tho :pimp: expect a PM from me
Anyone use ASOP or CM on their Note 4? Even a rooted, deodeoxed Stock rom, with bloat removed.. Isn't the smoothest experience
@sreggie101
 is using CM 12 I believe.

word. CM 12.1 on my note 4 now. @Verbal Kint its not 100% like a stock nexus 5 or 6. but its close, and the speed is there. google camera unfortunately is a hit or miss, but regardless, it doesn't take advantage of hardware, as this phone is 4K capable, and then some. Note 4 is comparable to iphone 6+, so unless u run twiz, that goes right out the window.

the typical lag u get with touchwiz is gone tho. google maps starts up right away...if that sounds weird, its because it lagged on touchwiz. the phone has laptop grade hardware so why maps lagged is beyond me.

what are you experiencing? it runs like a nexus, so i don't expect much else. the battery life is fine, but not quite as good as touchwiz, and you lose wifi calling, which i really liked. but otherwise, its a nexus.

...kinda want to test drive the nexus 6 for a week.

Windows ten coming July 29th

:pimp:

I've read that Windows 10 in its current state is still quite buggy and feels more like it's 8 months out from public release instead of 2. Hope MSFT hashes everything out before then.

I'm personally gonna hold of installation another 2 months after the official release so any important patches that it requires is pushed out before I do a clean install.

Last edited:
Ordered tr ASUS this morning...

$215

Plus is comes with expandable memory....

Gonna cop a nice 64 GB micro SD and flourish...

Looked at the specs and it's the same as 1+1... Wish it was a bit thinner but I'm cool...

Just something till the fall

how do you like the phone? I just discovered it today, doing research. Very similar to the one+ but more RAM and expandable memory. Not sure which phone to buy.

Anyone else ?
Zenfone2 vs Oneplus ?

One of the light trail pics taken with the g4. Shutter speed was set to 8 seconds and I wrote my name with a small flashlight.

This was taken yesterday with rear facing camera.

Front facing :pimp:

Already got a small scratch on the screen tho, smh.

Your definitely an inspiration to me fam

[COLOR=#red]KingFoam, put that work in, and it's very possible.

Here's a tip...learn calculus, study algorithm theory, learn some code, any code because it's the ability to learn code that's more important than any particular programming language. Then after getting your feet wet with that learn about neural networks/ artificial intelligence...it's the next big thing and you will get hired by Google.
[/COLOR]

I've read that Windows 10 in its current state is still quite buggy and feels more like it's 8 months out from public release instead of 2. Hope MSFT hashes everything out before then.

I'm personally gonna hold of installation another 2 months after the official release so any important patches that it requires is pushed out before I do a clean install.

[COLOR=#red]I guess it's optimized for the Surface Pro 3. I use mine for work purposes and it hasn't let me down yet with Windows 10 preview.[/COLOR]

One of the light trail pics taken with the g4. Shutter speed was set to 8 seconds and I wrote my name with a small flashlight.

This was taken yesterday with rear facing camera.

Front facing
pimp.gif

Already got a small scratch on the screen tho, smh.
post the full size pics. they're distorted here

edit - actually clicking on the pics opens them up. lookin real crisp

Last edited:
no clue why the pics are coming out like that; i posted them like i do any other pic. good looks on the tip to click on it.

Damn idk what to do now with that price drop... I need a new phone asap :smh:

nexus 5, moto x 2014, 1+1. man you got no reason to wait if the need is that bad and you lookin to spend the least amount of bread. these are all solid phones with clean fast performance. 1+1 i think has the best battery life. but u can do no wrong. plus u get updates real quick.

watchuwaitinFO?!

Your definitely an inspiration to me fam

[COLOR=#red]KingFoam, put that work in, and it's very possible.

Here's a tip...learn calculus, study algorithm theory, learn some code, any code because it's the ability to learn code that's more important than any particular programming language. Then after getting your feet wet with that learn about neural networks/ artificial intelligence...it's the next big thing and you will get hired by Google.
[/COLOR]

repped, cosigned, and PMd.

calculus 1-3 and diffEQ left me long ago lol. def don't remember that ****. looking to get back into code this year...python baby.

OPO easily best deal out atm.

If you don't mind big phones that's the choice

Last edited:
Copping an s6 next week [emoji]128588[/emoji].
I like this nexus 5, but the battery is to bad , can't make it through half the day.

Back
Top Bottom