• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. I like that side feature but for $300 it seems a bit much. Wasnt sure if it had any other features that made it worth it.

Sprint hasn't maintained its own towers in almost a decade. Putting up towers is expensive and Sprint doesn't have the capital.

I'm wondering if some PE firm will step in and take them private...

I did NOT know they had the most spectrum...

They need some type of capital event to take advantage of that... Because strong service is now the name of the game because EVERYBODY speed is blazing.

Sprint hasn't maintained its own towers in almost a decade. Putting up towers is expensive and Sprint doesn't have the capital.

I'm wondering if some PE firm will step in and take them private...

I did NOT know they had the most spectrum...

They need some type of capital event to take advantage of that... Because strong service is now the name of the game because EVERYBODY speed is blazing.

People sleep on Sprint. They have some MAJOR assets underneath their mess of a company. If I'm not mistaken, they also have one of the largest backbone networks in the U.S. in addition to being a Tier 1 ISP.

I was hoping that SoftBank would correct the course with Sprint following the takeover, but thus far things have been lackluster. I think I already said this, but they still haven't even finished rolling out Spark to the major markets and they announced that in 2013.

Maybe SoftBank has a grand scheme and they're just waiting. At least I hope so. Would hate to see a company like AT&T get ahold of their assets.

Just got a new case in for my s6, the speck mighty shell.

It's an expensive case, but I like it, any questions just ask.

T-Mobile Announces Jump On Demand, Letting You Upgrade “When You Want” Up to 3x Per Year (Updated)

The new program works like this. T-Mobile will hand you a new smartphone with zero out of pocket costs. You agree to pay for it monthly, just like any other device payment plan. But when you decide you want a new phone, T-Mobile will let you get one at any time, up to 3 times per year. All you have to do is head into a T-Mobile store and swap out your current phone for a new one. Your phone will go through a “quick three-point check-up” to make sure it is still in good working condition before letting you grab the new device.

Unlike regular JUMP!, JUMP! On Demand doesn’t include a $10 monthly fee, so the program is essentially free outside of the cost of the phone per month. If you want device protection/insurance, you can have that for $8.
Sounds good for people who like to always get the latest stuff (like me). Is the only catch you're leasing the phone?

T-Mobile Announces Jump On Demand, Letting You Upgrade “When You Want” Up to 3x Per Year (Updated)
 ​
The new program works like this. T-Mobile will hand you a new smartphone with zero out of pocket costs. You agree to pay for it monthly, just like any other device payment plan. But when you decide you want a new phone, T-Mobile will let you get one at any time, up to 3 times per year. All you have to do is head into a T-Mobile store and swap out your current phone for a new one. Your phone will go through a “quick three-point check-up” to make sure it is still in good working condition before letting you grab the new device.​
 ​
Unlike regular JUMP!, JUMP! On Demand doesn’t include a $10 monthly fee, so the program is essentially free outside of the cost of the phone per month. If you want device protection/insurance, you can have that for $8.​
Sounds good for people who like to always get the latest stuff (like me). Is the only catch you're leasing the phone?
This sounds too good to be true. You just go in there and walk out with a new phone dont have to pay a fee to do so? Where is the catch?

​

The new program works like this. T-Mobile will hand you a new smartphone with zero out of pocket costs. You agree to pay for it monthly, just like any other device payment plan. But when you decide you want a new phone, T-Mobile will let you get one at any time, up to 3 times per year. All you have to do is head into a T-Mobile store and swap out your current phone for a new one. Your phone will go through a “quick three-point check-up” to make sure it is still in good working condition before letting you grab the new device.​

Unlike regular JUMP!, JUMP! On Demand doesn’t include a $10 monthly fee, so the program is essentially free outside of the cost of the phone per month. If you want device protection/insurance, you can have that for $8.​

This sounds too good to be true. You just go in there and walk out with a new phone dont have to pay a fee to do so? Where is the catch?

The catch is that you HAVE to upgrade your device within an 18 month period, or you have to pay for the remainder of the phone once the 18 months is up in a lump sum. Other than that, it's just the additional monthly cost based on the device you choose.

​

Catch is you have to have Tmobile

I mean who wouldnt update their phone if given the option to do so? Seems simple enough to me. The second they make a Nexus that isnt a battery disaster I'm going right back.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this more later. From what I've read so far, I can get the LG G4 with this new program for $24.99/month? Plus another $8/month for insurance. But I'd have to trade in the phone for another one within 18 months? :nerd:

Last edited:
T-Mobile slander will not be tolerated

:pimp:

#TaskForce #ProtectLegereAtAllCosts

I mean who wouldnt update their phone if given the option to do so?

:rofl:

You'd be surprised. My grandma was mad at Verizon because they told her that she would have to pay extra to get a flip phone on special order to replace her old one. (I refused to let her give her money away like that.)

Interesting. I'll have to look into this more later. From what I've read so far, I can get the LG G4 with this new program for $24.99/month? Plus another $8/month for insurance. But I'd have to trade in the phone for another one within 18 months? :nerd:

That is correct. You could also opt to pay the remaining balance at the end of 18 months and keep the G4.

Last edited:
I wouldn't. I've had the HTC One for about 3 years now. Only reason I'm trying to upgrade is because I'm starting to miss too many calls and it freezes up on me.

Here we go!

Nexus 6 or Moto X.

iPhone 6 user. I hate it :lol: upgrade due in October. Thinking of grabbing an android to hold me over until I make a decision.

Or should I try and sling a s6 out of it?

If you're waiting for something to just hold you over, the Moto X. Cheaper.

But I think you'll like it enough to keep as backup phone if you do upgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom