• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got to play with the Note 5 today, its a really nice feeling phone physically. I can't get it because if Sammy's history with their software but I'm sure people will love it

it's out already? i thought Note's usually dropped in October. And i haven't seen any advertising for it which Samsung usually goes pretty hard with. Weird

Last edited:
They wanted to undercut apple and drop early. It's nice but nothing monumental. Only incrementally better from my experience.

They've aired commercials here in socal quite a bit since the beginning of the week. I do like i can use screen mirroring with my tv

A friend of mine just picked up the S6 edge, it's nice, but I just can't do it.
Smart.  I played myself with this S6 edge lol.  I let the slick looks and camera fool me into getting a piece of crap 
mean.gif

how is it different from using "cast" with a Chromecast? can you cast the TV screen onto your phone?

I've never used Chromecast before. I don't think I can cast what's on the TV onto my phone, but I have a Samsung TV though so I can cast whatever is on my phone onto my TV and no wifi is needed since I don't have wifi either.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying voice over LTE the most with this N5. Calls sound great and it doesn't do that annoying switching between 4G and LTE like my N3 did...

Stopped by the T-Mobile store today to check out the note 5 and the edge +. Both look beautiful and surprisingly liked the edge+ more. Going to wait for the moto x to make a decision.
Since I'm still financing my note 4 they told me to jump to a cheap phone($100) and then purchase the moto x elsewhere which is better than paying off the entire note 4.

Already getting complaints from a few note 5 users about slow charging and bad battery life. :nerd:

Im waiting on the MotoX myself.

Davizzy is on to something here. :pimp:

Stopped by the T-Mobile store today to check out the note 5 and the edge +. Both look beautiful and surprisingly liked the edge+ more. Going to wait for the moto x to make a decision.
Since I'm still financing my note 4 they told me to jump to a cheap phone($100) and then purchase the moto x elsewhere which is better than paying off the entire note 4.
I may do that. Legit tired of paying for this thing month to month. The last expensive phone I buy. I just want to buy a nexus and live. Just make a giant screen nexus again that's nexus priced.

I read online that Costco is selling the N5 + a $150 Costco giftcard + a free wireless charger for those interested. I tried to check if my local ones had that deal but they were sold out.

Smart.  I played myself with this S6 edge lol.  I let the slick looks and camera fool me into getting a piece of crap 
mean.gif

What? Already regretting it?
Performance is crap man.  Gets unbearably hot when doing any task for more than a minute or two.  Battery life is trash.  Gets crazy slow and laggy.  Freezes.   Its 2009 software trapped inside the body of a 2015 phone smh.

mean.gif

What? Already regretting it?
Performance is crap man.  Gets unbearably hot when doing any task for more than a minute or two.  Battery life is trash.  Gets crazy slow and laggy.  Freezes.   Its 2009 software trapped inside the body of a 2015 phone smh.
sick.gif
 ****. This is what I was worried about. If I wasn't going the Oneplus 2 route there's a dude who got a free edge + early. He's looking for an invite and I was going to trade him an invite + $ for it. 

Cats still don't get that these skinned phones won't run great. Samsung is starting to decline back to Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 and Nexus S status.

Cats still don't get that these skinned phones won't run great. Samsung is starting to decline back to Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 and Nexus S status.
There's many skinned phones that run just fine.  Its just that Samsung skins the phone TOO MUCH
mean.gif
.  Moto phones run fine.  Meizu phones run great with their FlymeOS skin.  My HTC M8 ran faster than any stock device i've used.   LG devices have hiccups here and there, but are becoming solid for the most part.  Its possible to have a skin that doesnt bog the device down.

Samsung just isnt doing it right.  They made a big deal recently about dropping the Snapdragon 810 for their in-house Exynos.  But its crazy because exynos gets hotter than any 810 device ive used, and their software isnt even optimized so its not taking advantage of the extra power anyway.  My 1Ghz single core HD2 lagged less than my S6 edge and that phone came out in 09 smh.  Its hard to believe that with all the money Samsung has, they cant throw some money into optimization. 

I've had my s6 for 3 months and it still runs great. How long have you had it and what model is it?
I have the edge. AT&T. Had it from Day 1.  Started out fine(see my launch day reviews in here), but as time went on it declined.

I'm glad you've had a good experience with it, but I cant say the same lol.  Im on E-mails, Snapchat, Twitter, IG, FB, managing finances, doing scheduling for work, etc.  For my experience, the phone just hasnt been able to keep up like my other devices have.

I know alot of you guys hate when I bring up my M8 lol, but that joint chewed through anything I threw at it with not so much as a hesitation.  And thats what I expect from a device in 2015. I'm done with lag.  My next device will be either the iPhone 6s, OP2(if i can get my hands on one), or HTC's next flagship if i decide to wait.  I tried to give it another chance but I'm done with Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom