• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never wiped and installed a new software update, does it really make a difference? I have a Nexus 5 and want to move to marshmellow. Will i really lose all my app cookies, like will my poker chips still be there? Thanks.

Anyone know if I can just swipe a text from the drop down menu and have it be read instead of going in the actual message to consider it read?

Feeling these new phones coming out
Sony Z5 premium
LG V10
Nexus 6p
new blackberry

All of their designs are nice and each got something going on
for them

Just got the Galaxy Note edge, might sell it sooner than i think to get one of these phones lol..

Z3 would have been perfection if T-Mobile didn't spend a year upgrading the software to 5.0 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Z3 would have been perfection if T-Mobile didn't spend a year upgrading the software to 5.0 :smh: :smh:

thats why i always thought google should step in now and change how android is

instead of phone manufacturers (samsung, lg, sony, htc, etc) putting out different skins its a lot closer to stock exactly like what motorola is doing

because after the manufacturer is done testing the new updates now the dam carrier has to. this process takes too long in some cases (samsung)

so i think android should look like stock regardless if youre on a note or a htc one. but you would just have some extra features in the settings menu. and of course the camera app would be different and other little things

just to make it more unified, that way these updates wont take months and years. like the note 4 just got lollipop this summer. probably will have to wait another year to get marshmellow then i bet it wont get any more updates after that

instead of phone manufacturers (samsung, lg, sony, htc, etc) putting out different skins its a lot closer to stock exactly like what motorola is doing

because after the manufacturer is done testing the new updates now the dam carrier has to. this process takes too long in some cases (samsung)

so i think android should look like stock regardless if youre on a note or a htc one. but you would just have some extra features in the settings menu. and of course the camera app would be different and other little things

just to make it more unified, that way these updates wont take months and years. like the note 4 just got lollipop this summer. probably will have to wait another year to get marshmellow then i bet it wont get any more updates after that
Agreed! Each manufacturers skin over the vanilla android isn't even too appealing (the least offensive one is the HTC sense, and even then, social network on one screen? oh joy!), and it's not like the updates take advantage of the skin, it's only cosmetic from the  skin standpoint.

I was hoping that Google and/or motorola would take the next step and provide their phones to carriers, or, make a chain of stores, but the online exclusivity alienates those who are stuck on contracts (like me, smh). 

Z3 would have been perfection if T-Mobile didn't spend a year upgrading the software to 5.0 :smh: :smh:

Exactly, and not only does it take forever to get the update, the manufacturers stop supporting the phone after a certain time frame. My Nexus 5 will get Android M, but my wife's Note 3 won't and they're about the same "age", but also it wouldn't get pushed through until about a year from now due to the testing.

man on the fence on if I should get the 5X or 6P. Really trying to keep my spending to a minimum. Which is why I am trying to get rid of my JUMP bill to bring my monthly down as well.

What would differentiate the phones then?

That's the main benefit Apple has over Android, they only have one phone to focus all their efforts and all their attention on so they are bound to have a solid phone back to back to back (albeit sometimes updates are minor). If Google could find their groove with a solid phone shape and feel that can keep that consistent and work on minor physical changes and make some major interior changes or updates/upgrades

My current phone has OIS and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my pics since getting it. Maybe it will be more apparent in video?

What would differentiate the phones then?

Hardware, OEM/Carrier-specific software, design/build quality, etc.

Unfortunately, its not happening. Ever. For a really long time. Google has already been pulled into anti-trust battles regarding manufacturers putting the Play Store on their devices, so I highly doubt that Google would be interested in cutting off all other OEMs from their platform (some of which are already planning to develop for Android for years to come,) putting the money into building their own device, and then battling Apple and the iPhone for world domination. (Source for Antitrust tidbit: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2986...u-in-investigating-googles-android-deals.html )

I just don't see it happening, friends. Maybe Alphabet will bring a closed source OS into the mix, but until then, I wouldn't hold my breath on a unified platform on all devices outside of iOS.

sooperhooper sooperhooper , please include in-depth discussion on the DAC in your video. A lot of videos don't even mention the sound internals for the device, and I'm sure audiophiles will love you for it (more info for those interested here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/782706/lg-v10-new-ess-chipped-flagship-android-phone-from-lg )

Last edited:
I know what technology it uses and I can definitely mention it, but I doubt I'll be as descriptive as a true audiophile would like.

Back
Top Bottom