Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Is stock android better then touchwiz?
giphy.gif

But yeah as someone who has used both Stock> Touchwiz

How's the Note 5 battery? I recently switch from my G3 to an iPhone 6s Plus. I'm debating if I should switch back. That camera an screen is tempting on the note 5.

Having trouble deciding between the note 5 or nexus 6p. Is stock android better then touchwiz?

future proof yourself and get the 6p

the note 5 is a good phone but it wont get updates forever. maybe android N at most then thats it

look at the nexus 5. came out 2 years ago and still getting updates easy. cop the 6p

plus its a lot smoother than touchwiz but that is a whole nother story

the note 5 is a good phone but it wont get updates forever. maybe android N at most then thats it

look at the nexus 5. came out 2 years ago and still getting updates easy. cop the 6p

thanks man think I'm gonna cop the 6P. I'm coming from the note 3.this will be my first nexus phone

Having trouble deciding between the note 5 or nexus 6p. Is stock android better then touchwiz?

Let me put it this way, I have tried pretty much every phone that has mattered this past year, iPhone included. I instantly regret switching from my Nexus 6. I'm usually back on my Nexus 6 within two weeks. Every Android skin is just varying degrees of bad. None of them really bring anything great to the table. If it is something nice, chances are you can add it to your Nexus. Knock Code comes to mind. The only thing, aside from carrier subsidies (if that's your thing), non-Nexus phones has had over the Nexus phones is the camera. It looks like that has changed this year.

Thinking about getting a g4 for about 325-330 off Craigslist and return this motoX. Dope phone all aroun, Only downfall for me is battery life. I leave my house to work at 8am for work.. Just listening to music and texting, by 915 I'm in the high 70s.smh

Plus seeing the lack of support lately on updating their older models..,still within my 30 day return mark.

Let me put it this way, I have tried pretty much every phone that has mattered this past year, iPhone included. I instantly regret switching from my Nexus 6. I'm usually back on my Nexus 6 within two weeks. Every Android skin is just varying degrees of bad. None of them really bring anything great to the table. If it is something nice, chances are you can add it to your Nexus. Knock Code comes to mind. The only thing, aside from carrier subsidies (if that's your thing), non-Nexus phones has had over the Nexus phones is the camera. It looks like that has changed this year.

I picked the Note 4 over the Nexus 6 for: battery life, removable battery and expandable storage,but it's something I have become to regret. Not to say that the Note 4 isn't a good phone but not being able to root as I was able to do with other Samsung's, I had to wait the manufacture and provider to push out the update. For AT&T, I just got 5.1.1 on Friday. (For whatever reason, Apex launcher isn't working, even after clearing cache in the app and wiping the cache partition.) I believe the Note 3 isn't receiving any updates anymore, 5.1.1 at the most.

My next phone will be a Nexus device for sure, the 6P has been growing on me. Stock android and solid support, it's a blessing.

Thanks for the help guys. 6p it is. My note 3 keeps on heating up hopefully Google restocks soon

Last edited:
You guys are really making me look into the 6P if it really is future proof. I will look at the battery life in comparison with the note 4 though.

Thinking about getting a g4 for about 325-330 off Craigslist and return this motoX. Dope phone all aroun, Only downfall for me is battery life. I leave my house to work at 8am for work.. Just listening to music and texting, by 915 I'm in the high 70s.smh

Plus seeing the lack of support lately on updating their older models..,still within my 30 day return mark.

:x at that battery life. You get bad reception at work?

Of course I went to factory wipe my completely stock N6 last night and it's stuck in a boot loop, it's backordered for exchange and I have to wait for my 6P to get delivered :smh:

You have to actually click the picture to see the true clarity.

Note 4

V10

I'll do more comparison shots later.

I took another one of the taillights and they were a bit more similar, the note 4 pic above looks a little hazy in certain parts, so when I post more pics I'll have to be sure to properly wipe both lenses.

Last edited:
Of course I went to factory wipe my completely stock N6 last night and it's stuck in a boot loop, it's backordered for exchange and I have to wait for my 6P to get delivered :smh:

Don't wait. Just fix it.

If you're new to some of that stuff, download WUG's Nexus Root Toolkit on your PC. There's literally a button to click for phones stuck in a bootloop.

Note 4

V10

I'll do more comparison shots later.

Huh? I would have guessed that was a Note 1 vs. V2 photo shootout.

Edit: never mind. NT really messes up the resolution of big pics. They look much better after clicking on them.

Last edited:

Can't get into recovery?

Very happy with 6.0

Don't wait. Just fix it.

If you're new to some of that stuff, download WUG's Nexus Root Toolkit on your PC. There's literally a button to click for phones stuck in a bootloop.

I tried that twice last night and it still didn't work. Idk what's gong on

Can't get into recovery?

Very happy with 6.0

When trying to do that (if I'm correct, I usually don't do all that stuff) it jus goes to the screen where it's "erasing" where the Android's ears are wiggling and the insides of his stomach are spinning. I never get to him on his back with the red exclamation point

Back
Top Bottom