• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anyone is looking for a back up or trade in phone check your local best buy. Was able to buy 2 earlier. They are sold out online but the store I went to still had a bunch left. Oh and they also work on t-mobile. Not bad for $10

whats the best option for devices to use kodi? nexus player, fire stick, fire tv? I don't know what else or what the other uses are for these things other than the kodi app

whats the best option for devices to use kodi? nexus player, fire stick, fire tv? I don't know what else or what the other uses are for these things other than the kodi app

Just did it for my boy on a fire stick... Was super easy, took maybe 15 minutes

I'm gonna buy a Nexus Player in a few days and sideload it on that also

Just did it for my boy on a fire stick... Was super easy, took maybe 15 minutes

I'm gonna buy a Nexus Player in a few days and sideload it on that also

how does kodi work on the fire stick? I've seen mixed reviews about more lag and people recommending the nexus player over it cause its a standalone box not stuck to the back of the TV and can pick up wifi better. the fire stick is a flash sale today on amazon though for $25 haha so I'm torn. what else do you guys do with the nexus player like apps or things you can do with it?

how does kodi work on the fire stick? I've seen mixed reviews about more lag and people recommending the nexus player over it cause its a standalone box not stuck to the back of the TV and can pick up wifi better. the fire stick is a flash sale today on amazon though for $25 haha so I'm torn. what else do you guys do with the nexus player like apps or things you can do with it?

I just got it yesterday, so I've been only playing with it for less than a day

I haven't really felt any lagginess using it, its very easy to navigate

Im gonna get the Nexus player myself because i feel comfortable with Google products myself... Not sure what else you can do with the NP though

The fire stick is also $25 at Best Buy

I'm getting a Nexus Player next week and throwing Kodi on it. I tired to run it threw my Chromecast with an android tablet and it worked for movies, by not live tv

I'm getting a Nexus Player next week and throwing Kodi on it. I tired to run it threw my Chromecast with an android tablet and it worked for movies, by not live tv

Were you streaming it or casting the screen. Only stream option I was you had to pay for.

I too will grab that NP

I currently have the fire stick, gave kodi a try on it but it was very laggy and buggy, kept freezing and kicking me out of kodi. The nexus player is my next purchase and will be great for running kodi as well as the fire TV since they are both standalone boxes will run more smoothly.

I say nexus player, it will run on fire TV or fire stick but on the nexus player you don't have to sideload. It's right in the play store so you just download it and take it from there.

I have it on mine and it runs like a champ

I say nexus player, it will run on fire TV or fire stick but on the nexus player you don't have to sideload. It's right in the play store so you just download it and take it from there.

I have it on mine and it runs like a champ

awesome thanks man. I will be grabbing the NP then. got some BB rewards dollars clearing tomorrow gonna go scoop it up and get everything going. :smokin

FireTV has a Ethernet port which is clutch depending on your setup

I have a USB hub with an ethernet port and 3 USB ports. I run an ethernet wire, flash drive for more storage, and a very small keyboard with track pad to navigate certain apps that aren't optimized for Android tv

Were you streaming it or casting the screen. Only stream option I was you had to pay for.

I too will grab that NP

I was streaming it to the Chromecast. I tried casting the screen and it crashed my tablet several times :smh:

Nexus Player + Kodi + Chromecast + various apps and my media needs are taken care of

Last edited:
im hearing from some tech buddies that the nvidia shield is the best option if you're trying to run kodi. that $150 tag though :rolleyes

Last edited:
Is there any rumors of a new NP coming out?

The 1GB and no Ethernet is the only con I see with the current one

Is there any rumors of a new NP coming out?

The 1GB and no Ethernet is the only con I see with the current one
There were rumors back in october but nothing since.

If you dont mind spending a few more bucks you can buy an ethernet usb hub to add ethernet and usb flash drive storage. Trust me its worth it

Back
Top Bottom