• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well damn besbuy had the nvidia for $150 with a free bluetooth remote but the price went back to $200 today. guess that's outta the question now

That was a clearance that varied store to store a few weeks ago

My sister and a coworker were lucky enough to snag them at that price. They didnt last but its worth a shot to call your local targets and ask

Just left target, they didn't even have any out. Only chromecasts. Gonna try another tomorrow

Last edited:
I haven't owned a Samsung since the galaxy nexus

I really like the look of the note 5 and 6 edge+

Isn't still easy to root those samsungs and flash roms? Preferably stock Android roms, I keep reading thing about Knox and tripping Knox so I'm not sure if they cracked down.

I really love the design and screen/cameras but TouchWiz is just not my style, I know you can theme and install launchers but I just prefer stock Android

Latest Touchwiz gives me 6.5 hours of SOT and doze like standby time on my edge plus. No other phone is doing that

Latest Touchwiz gives me 6.5 hours of SOT and doze like standby time on my edge plus. No other phone is doing that

Thats pretty damn good man...

Do you have any memory issues that I hear about s6 users having? Have you done anything to tone down to or did you leave it alone?

Perhaps not the appropriate thread, but is anyone having issues using Chrome on Windows? Shockwave Flash is always crashing on me and I must've uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times now and the issue doesn't seem to go away. Sometimes it'll go for hours without a hiccup and other times it will just crash as soon as I open the program.

Last edited:
Is there any rumors of a new NP coming out?

The 1GB and no Ethernet is the only con I see with the current one
There is also no optical audio output. 
sick.gif

Aight, so the Fire TV stick or the NP to run Kodi well? I'm gettin mixed reviews here and I passed on the Fire stick because of this :lol:

Aight, so the Fire TV stick or the NP to run Kodi well? I'm gettin mixed reviews here and I passed on the Fire stick because of this :lol:

I'm about to cop the nvidia man. I'd rather pay a little extra to have the one that'll last longer and be the better item. It's $150 for the 16 gb + game controller and comes with a free remote. if you sign up for a free trial of amazon prime (cancel immediately after) you get another $20 off with the code GETITNOW. Plus I'm using my discover IT card so 10% cashback off the total. Can't turn down $117 for a $250 retail price for all that stuff

I scooped a fire stick for the moment, for 25 bucks it was a low investment. And once I side load it, I can sell it to a friend for 25 if I want to move up and getting something else in the future.

Last edited:
Aight, so the Fire TV stick or the NP to run Kodi well? I'm gettin mixed reviews here and I passed on the Fire stick because of this
laugh.gif
From what I understand, both are good options. FTV will have to be sideloaded since there's no direct Google Play access while you can download Kodi directly with NP
I scooped a fire stick for the moment, for 25 bucks it was a low investment. And once I side load it, I can sell it to a friend for 25 if I want to move up and getting something else in the future.
Or you could sell it on ebay person to person for close to $100 a pop. Manager at my job wanted to sell me one for $100 while I was looking at one on eBay for $60. It's an decent come up

Oh ok, yea I have no problem side-loading Kodi. I think I might just go ahead and get the Fire TV stick since it's not that expensive

How is the 6P holding up? :nerd:

Battery? Performance?

fantastic. getting 4 hrs SOT while being 25-26 hrs off charge daily. keep in mind thats while being on the sprint network which is **** in my area and im on 3G rather than LTE 75% of the time so battery drains a lot worse than LTE or wifi

just copped nvidia shield for $140 shipped w/ remote on prime now. arrives in 2 hours. that service is amazing. same day shipping within hours. what a world we live in now :wow:

Im confused on how the Shield will work with Kodi on my tv
laugh.gif

Or is it not meant to work with my tv?
Sheild is basically a NP, CC, Fire TV, etc but more of a focus on gaming. You're able to download apps just as you would your phone. Kodi is a media player app that through certain websites that can be reached through the app gives you access to media content on your devices

Sheild is basically a NP, CC, Fire TV, etc but more of a focus on gaming. You're able to download apps just as you would your phone. Kodi is a media player app that through certain websites that can be reached through the app gives you access to media content on your devices

yeah and based on my research it's the best experience you'll have for running kodi out of all the android tV boxes. I'll let you guys know how it is in a couple days. if I'm not impressed I'll return it and cop a nexus player instead. Had to at least try it at that price point it's at today though

Ahhh I was getting it confused with the tablet they offer :lol:

I didnt even know they offered a device like this

yeah and based on my research it's the best experience you'll have for running kodi out of all the android tV boxes. I'll let you guys know how it is in a couple days. if I'm not impressed I'll return it and cop a nexus player instead. Had to at least try it at that price point it's at today though

Yea the specs are pretty good and blow the NP, Fire Stick out the water

Back
Top Bottom