• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got invited to the Beta program for Marshmallow on my PRIV. Should receive the update sometime this weekend :smokin.

Seems like youre already getting pretty good battery life but im hoping for improvement. My PRIV was dying in less then 6hrs while I was in Korea. Thats with no data only wifi with all notifications/syncing off. :smh:

Just got invited to the Beta program for Marshmallow on my PRIV. Should receive the update sometime this weekend :smokin.

Seems like youre already getting pretty good battery life but im hoping for improvement. My PRIV was dying in less then 6hrs while I was in Korea. Thats with no data only wifi with all notifications/syncing off. :smh:
That's terrible :smh:. What carrier are you on? I know for T-Mobile there's an issue with the pre-loaded "My T-Mobile" app that severely drains the battery. If you're on T-Mo, disable that app and you'll see a big improvement immediately.

If you're on another carrier, check the PRIV forums at http://crackberry.com. The people there are pretty knowledgable and I'm sure someone's been in your situation before so they might have some solutions.

If Blackberry made an updated Blackberry Classic that ran android and had a decent camera/battery I'd be all in for one. Doesn't even have to be exactly like the Classic, but closer to the Classic than to the Priv. I don't consume videos/movies on my phone anymore and 75% of my phone usage is Whatsapp and Chrome.

If Blackberry made an updated Blackberry Classic that ran android and had a decent camera/battery I'd be all in for one. Doesn't even have to be exactly like the Classic, but closer to the Classic than to the Priv. I don't consume videos/movies on my phone anymore and 75% of my phone usage is Whatsapp and Chrome.
The rumored BlackBerry Vienna/Rome kinda sorta mimics a Classic more than the PRIV, but it still looks like a PRIV, if that makes any sense.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-vienna

Those are just renders but I believe they're supposed to be very close to the real thing. If the screen was maybe an inch shorter I'd cop on release date. Supposedly coming out some time this year.

I definitely felt the same way but im not even sure anymore, i havent used the physical keyboard since like the first week.

I definitely felt the same way but im not even sure anymore, i havent used the physical keyboard since like the first week.
I use the PKB almost exclusively unless I'm just typing in a few characters like a password or quick "ok" text response :\.

The rumored BlackBerry Vienna/Rome kinda sorta mimics a Classic more than the PRIV, but it still looks like a PRIV, if that makes any sense.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-vienna

Those are just renders but I believe they're supposed to be very close to the real thing. If the screen was maybe an inch shorter I'd cop on release date. Supposedly coming out some time this year.

Man that phone is sexy, reminds me of my old Nokia E6 :pimp:

If they price it correctly and it performs decently I will definitely consider it. Will also depend on what this years Nexus turns out to be

I just don't like the slide look of the Priv, I would probably never use the physical keyboard on that thing either

I use the PKB almost exclusively unless I'm just typing in a few characters like a password or quick "ok" text response
ohwell.gif
yeah, most people love it. I find it extremely hard to type on personally. I definitely enjoy the PRIV just not that aspect of it.

Last edited:

interesting review. the one thing that had me curious was them saying the capacitive buttons are too low. where else should they be? middle of the phone?
laugh.gif
it is a smaller phone than the note 5 and the note has the buttons in the same exact place. These smartphone reviewers are something else sometimes
Im not understanding the price argument.   Theres plenty solid options in all price ranges.  If you want a nice device for cheap go get a Moto G.  The 10 is a flagship device, same as the S7, G5, iPhone 6s.  And its probably the most premium build out of all of them.  It is intended to be sold through carriers on their payment plans.   If you are going to knock the 10 for being priced the way it is, knock the other flagship devices as well 
grin.gif

I just wish some of these sites used some common sense when writing these joints lol

Pretty much. But if unless your're doing heavy downloading, you really shouldn't even crack 5gb/mo. And then u can stash the other 5gb w/ data stash up to 20gb I think

this is on a very slow month for me ....

much appreciated i will def switch to tmobile once i find free time. Classes this semester has kept me on my toes. I'm excited to ditch this pos GS4 lol

Im not understanding the price argumcontent://media/external/file/127754ent.   Theres plenty solid options in all price ranges.  If you want a nice device for cheap go get a Moto G.  The 10 is a flagship device, same as the S7, G5, iPhone 6s.  And its probably the most premium build out of all of them.  It is intended to be sold through carriers on their payment plans.   If you are going to knock the 10 for being priced the way it is, knock the other flagship devices as well >D .

I just wish some of these sites used some common sense when writing these joints lol

Technically it's $40-60 more expensive than the regular S7 and G5. I think that's the point they're trying to make.

If you're trying to rebound from making a subpar phone the previous year and are last to the flagship party this year, pricing it slightly higher than your competitors isn't a wise business decision :lol:

Last edited:
Im not understanding the price argumcontent://media/external/file/127754ent.   Theres plenty solid options in all price ranges.  If you want a nice device for cheap go get a Moto G.  The 10 is a flagship device, same as the S7, G5, iPhone 6s.  And its probably the most premium build out of all of them.  It is intended to be sold through carriers on their payment plans.   If you are going to knock the 10 for being priced the way it is, knock the other flagship devices as well >D .

Technically it's $40-60 more expensive than the regular S7 and G5. I think that's the point they're trying to make.

If you're trying to rebound from making a subpar phone the previous year and are last to the flagship party this year, pricing it slightly higher than your competitors isn't a wise business decision :lol:

That's the way I see it. And to top it off, they didn't offer any perks like Samsung and LG did w/ their phones. People have all but written you off except the following you have, you wen't away from a model that worked for you only to come up short, you release your phone last out of all of the major carriers AND it's not price competitively.

What is the best Android tablet out at the moment? Is it Samsung? Mainly using it for travel to watch movies and tv shows, so something that I can add additional storage to is a plus. Mainly looking for best screen and battery life.

What is the best Android tablet out at the moment? Is it Samsung? Mainly using it for travel to watch movies and tv shows, so something that I can add additional storage to is a plus. Mainly looking for best screen and battery life.

sorry thought you was asking about cell phones

Last edited:
Pretty sure he asked about tablets.

I read the galaxy tab s2 supposed to be pretty good, haven't checked it out myself.

My personal favorite is the Kindle HDX 8.9 but there's no (stable) Google Play support and no possible additional storage option (outside of cloud)
Next best would be the Samsung Tab Pro or the Tab S 8.4

Eh,
What antivirus software y'all run on y'all phones?

Faith in the Lord

Back
Top Bottom