• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bought a G watch last month, and I like it. Battery life is pretty good and the voice recognition is pretty solid. Got it for $65 refurbished. Can't complain too much

Favorite part of android wear is all the custom watch faces. Some people got the rolex watch face lol. I like using the app "Facer" for watch faces. I just got this other watch face app that just plays random Gifs called Little TV

Last edited:
So the moto 360 just as good as the gear s?

Gear S is better in my opinion.
-has a speaker
-bigger amoled screen
-can make/receive phone calls by itself without the phone. Can be used as standalone phone
-has instagram

Cons
-uses tizen not android so apps market selection is limited
-not much customization as moto 360
-charging pins have history of breaking and people having to come up with to fix it

Moto 360
Pros
-runs on android wear with a much more bigger app/function library to possibly download.
-better chance of future support
-more styles to choose from (gold color, silver, black, metal band, leather band)
-lots of custom watch faces to choose from
-real easy wireless charger

Cons
-no speaker
-cannot use as standalone phone
-smaller screen

Better design is subjective.. I like both

Gear S is better in my opinion.
-has a speaker
-bigger amoled screen
-can make/receive phone calls by itself without the phone. Can be used as standalone phone
-has instagram

Cons
-uses tizen not android so apps market selection is limited
-not much customization as moto 360
-charging pins have history of breaking and people having to come up with to fix it

Moto 360
Pros
-runs on android wear with a much more bigger app/function library to possibly download.
-better chance of future support
-more styles to choose from (gold color, silver, black, metal band, leather band)
-lots of custom watch faces to choose from
-real easy wireless charger

Cons
-no speaker
-cannot use as standalone phone
-smaller screen

Better design is subjective.. I like both
Thanks for the breakdown, I'm really trying to just use it for quick texting at work lol, and good apps. 

Forgot
Thanks for the breakdown, I'm really trying to just use it for quick texting at work lol, and good apps. 

You can text on the gear s

On the moto 360 i think have to use your voice and talk to the watch. I never tried it myself.

Edit: i guess theres apps for texting for android wear

I forgot another important thing is you want to use the Gear S you need to have a compatible samsung phone(probably 2014 and up)... Also if you wanna use it with standalone features with 3g connection you need to pay an extra 5$ a month like on T-mobile(gets it own sim card) or you can just pair it only via bluetooth and it wont cost extra. But you lose the standalone features and 3g connectivity..

Theres a lot of new watches coming out this year...
The one that im really interested in is the new Casio WSD F10 android watch that recently came out but costs $500 thats why i got the moto 360 for $90 :lol:
It got color screen and can go 20 hours screen on or it can go monochrome screen non smartwatch mode and they said it can last close to a month battery life.
Can go 50 meters underwater, super durable, etc.

Here's a link of watches coming out this year
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132033-best-smartwatches-to-look-forward-to-in-2016

Last edited:
Breaking down the 1st Geb watches?
Samsung Gear S was a massive failed ....

The 2nd Gen they did things a lot better but made the round face smaller and thats why I went with the 360 ....

In regards to good looking smart watches ....

The Garmin and Suunto are up there ....

I've been debating between the Gear S2 Classic, Moto 360 2nd Gen and Huawei watch. Cons of each for me

Gear: Not Android wear
Moto: "Flat tire", no speaker
Huawei: Price, charging disk, no auto brightness

Dropped my G3 today and the screen cracked. :smh: Screen is unresponsive so it's going to be $120 to get that replaced tomorrow. 4 months away from an upgrade to :smh:

Wife somehow got water on the inside of her screen of her G3. It's still working just has the lil puddle. Plottin' now on giving her mine and getting the Nexus 6 for cheap

I just ordered a refurbished T-Mobile note 4 off the bay. I currently have a verizon note 3, but I tried to root it and kept getting a security notice that says " unauthorized actions have been detected ". Phone works fine, but it's annoying having to constantly swipe that message away. 

Last edited:
Going to go to TMobile this weekend and pick up the signal booster, otherwise I might not be able to rock with them. Every carrier has their pluses and minuses, and TMobile's only minus is reception in these Army buildings that are like 3ft thick cinderblock filled with concrete and then the interior walls are the same. Verizon had no issue though, even when I was in the basement.

Going to go to TMobile this weekend and pick up the signal booster, otherwise I might not be able to rock with them. Every carrier has their pluses and minuses, and TMobile's only minus is reception in these Army buildings that are like 3ft thick cinderblock filled with concrete and then the interior walls are the same. Verizon had no issue though, even when I was in the basement.

Check that your area has Band 12 and that your phone has Band 12. It's supposed to penetrate buildings a lot better

Last edited:

It's been T-mobiles biggest issue for me for years. I've never had service when I've worked in the basement of
multiple labs. Extremely annoying, I've debated switching to At&t or Verizon for years but the unlimited data is
so usefully for me. :smh:

T-Mobile's main issue is capital. They don't have the capital to compete w/ AT&T and VWZ for low bandwidth spectrum. The big 2 just buy it up and sit on it. One of the reasons I was hoping they'd get bought by Dish, Comcast, or Google, but none are likely. Google would make the best match w/ Project Fi and their history together but it's wishful thinking. With that backing, they could go into the next low bandwidth spectrum action w/ their cojones swanging and cop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom