• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm running it. No major bugs. My battery stats still say "battery usage data isn't available" so I don't know how good the battery is (but doesn't seem to be draining quickly) and I haven't figured out how to get my keyboard into one-handed mode. Also xfinity TV and HBO don't work.

But otherwise things have been running smooth for the past 3 days or so.

I'm running it. No major bugs. My battery stats still say "battery usage data isn't available" so I don't know how good the battery is (but doesn't seem to be draining quickly) and I haven't figured out how to get my keyboard into one-handed mode. Also xfinity TV and HBO don't work.

for me I gotta hold the arrow key bottom right of the keyboard and the one hand icon pops up. I've had some bugs to wear if I go Into play music my status bar and bottom bar then Orange and even if I back out it stays orange intill I reboot. Also in Facebook if j go threw an album it trys to make me tag someone in every pic lol

Hey anyone on here mess with swappa before?

I want to purchase two Galaxy S7 for Sprint.

It's hard getting phones now since everyone is on forever plans so the secondary market is about to dry up.

Sprint does not release or clear the ESN on a phone that is leased or being financed :smh:

Seen some on swappa for around $450-$500.

I'm getting the regular but my girl might want the edge.

We both have Galaxy S6 regular so I will sell those back to make back some of the money.

I don't want to upgrade through Sprint because I'm on this old SERO plan and if I try to upgrade or buy through them they want me to switch plans.

So I have to buy the phones outright or from a secondary party like craigslist eBay and the likes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

for me I gotta hold the arrow key bottom right of the keyboard and the one hand icon pops up. I've had some bugs to wear if I go Into play music my status bar and bottom bar then Orange and even if I back out it stays orange intill I reboot. Also in Facebook if j go threw an album it trys to make me tag someone in every pic lol
Thanks. I had to change my dpi back to default to get the option you're describing. Strangely it goes away if a) I rotate the screen or b) lower the dpi. Those seem to be the 2 times you would actually want one-handed mode...

It's hard getting phones now since everyone is on forever plans so the secondary market is about to dry up.

Sprint does not release or clear the ESN on a phone that is leased or being financed :smh:

We both have Galaxy S6 regular so I will sell those back to make back some of the money.

I don't want to upgrade through Sprint because I'm on this old SERO plan and if I try to upgrade or buy through them they want me to switch plans.

So I have to buy the phones outright or from a secondary party like craigslist eBay and the likes.

Do it man, Swappa is the best place for used smartphones. I buy from them all the time and I don't ever plan on using my upgrade on AT&T ever again. I'd rather buy outright.

Question about swappa. How would you know if the phones not stolen etc? Is their buy/sell policy strict like ebay? Are buyers protected via swappa if the seller sells a phone that isnt able to register under your plan etc? Just curious because i always bought straight from the carrier

been using the N beta to mostly good success. a few hiccups here and there. hangouts been crashing for some reason and a few other apps aren't working... but it's very smooth, very quick. I had all sorts of issues with 6.0.1 for whatever reason, so I'm glad to see the beta already performing better.

Question about swappa. How would you know if the phones not stolen etc? Is their buy/sell policy strict like ebay? Are buyers protected via swappa if the seller sells a phone that isnt able to register under your plan etc? Just curious because i always bought straight from the carrier

Sellers have to provide the IMEI/ESN number when they use Swappa. Swappa uses Paypal to process transactions, so you're safe on that front as well (up to 180 days.) The only thing you kind of have to worry about is the phone getting blacklisted months down the line, but that rarely happens.

More info here if you're interested: https://swappa.com/faq/buy/imei_blacklist_future

Last edited:
Just bought an Anker quick charger and PowerLine. Game changer. I don't know why I waited this long to invest in one.

Sellers have to provide the IMEI/ESN number when they use Swappa. Swappa uses Paypal to process transactions, so you're safe on that front as well (up to 180 days.) The only thing you kind of have to worry about is the phone getting blacklisted months down the line, but that rarely happens.

More info here if you're interested: https://swappa.com/faq/buy/imei_blacklist_future
thanks. ill probably be using swappa in the future if anything. i just looked around the site and some prices arent too bad at all.

anyone know of any deals for cases/protectors for the S7? i was looking into Spigen cases but i missed out on that link Based Mod posted a while back :smh:

thanks. ill probably be using swappa in the future if anything. i just looked around the site and some prices arent too bad at all.

anyone know of any deals for cases/protectors for the S7? i was looking into Spigen cases but i missed out on that link Based Mod posted a while back :smh:

It's bulky but the build quality is top notch. >> Otterbox imo if this is the kind of case you're looking for.

Amazon product ASIN B01BLEWFGK

It's bulky but the build quality is top notch. >> Otterbox imo if this is the kind of case you're looking for.

Amazon product ASIN B01BLEWFGK

Not saying that case is bad or anything but I ordered 1 for a coworker and it cracked in 3 different places so they sent a new one and a week later the new one had 2 cracks and the screen protector part of it is lifted. The phone sits on a stand in his tool box all day

How long did that last? I woke up in the morning, saw the email, already sold out 45 mins after I got the email.

roughly an hour and half give or take? didn't find out myself until like 5-7 minutes before posting it here.

Last edited:
Last week I noticed a little small black half circle above the battery icon on my gs7 edge.

I finally got around to taking it to t-mobile today before the 14 day grace period that ends Wednesday. They took the sim tray out and said it had water damage.

It makes zero sense since I haven't had the phone near water at all. Plus I've seen vids of the phone being submerged in water for hours.

I'm pretty pissed, I wonder if the phone could of been shipped or a manufacturing defect? The little black half circle could of been there the whole time because it's hard to notice

Has anyone tried Sony's Album app? It's now open for all devices to use.  I find it this probably the fastest and best photo gallery app i've used

Last edited:
Last week I noticed a little small black half circle above the battery icon on my gs7 edge.

I finally got around to taking it to t-mobile today before the 14 day grace period that ends Wednesday. They took the sim tray out and said it had water damage.

It makes zero sense since I haven't had the phone near water at all. Plus I've seen vids of the phone being submerged in water for hours.

I'm pretty pissed, I wonder if the phone could of been shipped or a manufacturing defect? The little black half circle could of been there the whole time because it's hard to notice

Don't they got Weezy pouring champagne on his GS7 in the commercials? Water damage :lol:

Don't they got Weezy pouring champagne on his GS7 in the commercials? Water damage :lol:

Yea man, this doesn't make sense. If I dropped the phone in water or had it out in the rain then yea I'd take it on the chin but this phone hasn't come close to water or steam from a shower or anything

Will they fix it? I mean it's advertised to be able to drop it in a fish tank :lol:

Back
Top Bottom