• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone use Samsung Good Lock at all? I installed it but it seems a bit confusing to use.
200_s.gif

Does anyone use Samsung Good Lock at all? I installed it but it seems a bit confusing to use.

I have it installed on my phone. If you use different apps depending on your location (like YouTube at work or google music at the gym) you can setup a routine and when you're at that place, those apps will appear on the lock screen.

so my galaxy s7 has been hot since i got it like literally... and it got annoying so i looked it up online and they said delete the cache... so i tried it and deleted my whole phone by accident... luckily when i first got my phone i saved everything on my sd card and my old data was still on my old phone...so i had to redownload everything and transfer everything from my old phone... it got done successfully but it was annoying to say the least and after all that my phone is still hot :lol:

so my galaxy s7 has been hot since i got it like literally... and it got annoying so i looked it up online and they said delete the cache... so i tried it and deleted my whole phone by accident... luckily when i first got my phone i saved everything on my sd card and my old data was still on my old phone...so i had to redownload everything and transfer everything from my old phone... it got done successfully but it was annoying to say the least and after all that my phone is still hot :lol:

It's probably defective. Best bet is too return it. My S7 hasn't even gotten noticeably warm in the two weeks I've had it.

Fellas I need some urgent help. My phone has bee acting up since last night around 10pm. I was txtng and calling just fine before that. When I try to send a txt message it says 'unable to send message-message blocking is active'. I can't receive calls either as they go straight to voicemail.

I'm using a T-mobile edition LG G2 by the way, with Textra as my main sms app. I had to use what's app to make calls and txt last night which was mad annoying. I've tried turning off the phone for a few minutes and restarting it. I also tried removing the sim card as well and that didn't work. I didn't have too much time to try anything else since I was out and about last night. So do you guys have any more suggestions?

PLEASE RESPOND[/size=6]

Fellas I need some urgent help. My phone has bee acting up since last night around 10pm. I was txtng and calling just fine before that. When I try to send a txt message it says 'unable to send message-message blocking is active'. I can't receive calls either as they go straight to voicemail.

I'm using a T-mobile edition LG G2 by the way, with Textra as my main sms app. I had to use what's app to make calls and txt last night which was mad annoying. I've tried turning off the phone for a few minutes and restarting it. I also tried removing the sim card as well and that didn't work. I didn't have too much time to try anything else since I was out and about last night. So do you guys have any more suggestions?

PLEASE RESPOND[/size=6]

Back up any photos, files, and texts you want to save. You can use google photos/dropbox/drive or your computer for the pics/files, sms backup and restore for your texts (remember to upload the .xml backup file.)

Charge your phone, then go to Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Reset. It'll take a while so go run some errands or something. Should work after that.

Last edited:

PLEASE RESPOND[/size=6]

Back up any photos, files, and texts you want to save. You can use google photos/dropbox/drive or your computer for the pics/files, sms backup and restore for your texts (remember to upload the .xml backup file.)

Charge your phone, then go to Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Factory Reset. It'll take a while so go run some errands or something. Should work after that.
thanks for the response my dude

I've never backed up any files before so hopefully I don't mess this up. Is there something else that you suggest I do?

How's the HTC 10 coming from the v10? yeah yeah

After a week and a few days:

Build quality is amazing. The V10 felt sturdy and the metal rails were a nice touch, but the HTC 10 feels like the opposite in the best way possible. I regularly take off the case at home because it is a joy to hold in the hand. Its super fast, you can tell the difference between the snapdragon 820 in the HTC 10 vs the 808 in the V10, where I did have some sputtering with a lot of apps open, especially chrome, groupme, and google music. Speaking of music, I have to give it to the HTC 10 over the V10 as well. The V10's DAC is no joke and is very very good, but the HTC 10 has a stand alone DAC too, and BoomSound allows you to set up customized audio profiles using questions and precise frequencies to dial in a unique listening experience.

I use Sony MDR V6 headphones, and it honestly feels like the HTC 10 does a better job driving them than the V10 did. The audio is louder, but doesn't sacrifice quality. FLAC files sound just as good as on the V10, and 10-20% louder both on my headphones and in the car. The HTC's speakers are not amazing, but they are far better than the one speaker that the V10 offers, and I can actually use the HTC 10 to play music, whereas a bluetooth speaker is kind of necessary with the V10.

Another great part about the HTC 10's build quality in comparison to the V10 is the fingerprint scanner. After a little while I got used to LG's rear button configuration and actually liked it, but the fingerprint scanner did not work well for majority of the time that I had the device. The Marshmallow update for the V10 helped, but even then it took about 10 minutes to program my fingers, and it still failed multiple times a day. The HTC 10's scanner is much, much better and easier to program, taking just a few minutes to program and it unlocks much more reliably on a day to day basis. I thought having it as the home button would be problematic, but it actually works very well, and I've grown to like the tactile feedback from it as well as the keyboard. Its just the right amount of vibration to let you know if you're accidentally typing or hitting the scanner in your pocket, but not so annoying that you have to turn it off during regular use.

Sense is immensely improved as well, the reviewers weren't just hyping it. The classic sense widgets are there if you want them, along with new ones that I use like Sense Home (below the clock widget,) and BlinkFeed is useful enough to actually be a benefit instead of a detriment if you like to casually browse news stories. The new freestyle aspect of Sense home is kinda cool too, but I honestly haven't used it after messing with it for a couple days. LG's UX UI is decent offers some customization too, but I found it to be a lite cartoonish in comparison, even though it did offer stuff like Capture+ that I found useful from time to time.

Another thing that doesn't get appreciated enough: keyboards. For some reason, the default keyboard that came preinstalled with LG's UX UI was not very good. I was noticeably more inaccurate with that keyboard in comparison to SwiftKey, which is what I usually install. HTC's default TouchPal keyboard genuinely works well. The prediction is fairly accurate, you can use custom themes (admittedly not many, but there are a few nice ones,) resize it, split, and use different configuratuons (phonepad, T+, and full keyboard.) Still haven't installed SwiftKey, and I might not since this keyboard has worked so well.

The one thing I have to give to the V10 is the camera. Its camera is still leaps ahead of the HTC 10's. The V10 just offers a plethora of options and functionality that the HTC 10 doesn't have - two front facing cameras, manual controls in both picture and video mode, etc. Simply put, the V10 just one of the best cameras that you can find on a smartphone, and while the HTC 10 is an improvement over past HTC phones, it just doesn't compare. Another thing that the LG has over the HTC is a two component screen, and that second screen is a lot more useful than it looks. The 5.7in screen on the V10 adds a lot of real estate that is missed with the HTC 10's 5.2in screen, but the HTC 10 is acually usable with one hand (the V10 has a one handed mode :lol:,) and the display is disceivingly big, so its a decent compromise.

HTC 10 Pics

LG V10 Pics

Overall, I like the HTC 10 a lot. It has an excellent build quality, and if you want HTC to remain in existence, its probably one of the best all around phones that they've ever made, and one of the best overall that you can buy in terms of software and performance. That said, it's a $600-$700 phone, and outside of build/audio quality, you just don't get a lot over a phone like the V10, especially when you can find the V10 for $300-$400 on Swappa. The V10 offers a bigger screen, a DAC that is on par, much better cameras, and an IR blaster that is very much missed with the HTC 10, and I personally think it offers a better value at approximately half the current price of the HTC 10.

thanks for the response my dude

I've never backed up any files before so hopefully I don't mess this up. Is there something else that you suggest I do?

Pray.

Last edited:
Also I recently switched to an iPhone and this thing is straight cheeks. I honestly only put up with it for iMessage and FaceTime.

My OPT worked more smoothly, especially the fingerprint scanner which is a joke on the iPhone

Also I recently switched to an iPhone and this thing is straight cheeks. I honestly only put up with it for iMessage and FaceTime.

My OPT worked more smoothly, especially the fingerprint scanner which is a joke on the iPhone

Yup. If shorty didn't cop this for me when i thought I would have to return my S6 edge plus it would be a paper weight

Imessage is everything tho

The women look at you different when you hit them up with the green bubbles. :lol:

WhatsApp is still my messenger of choice though

Imessage is everything tho
It really is
laugh.gif
THIS.  If Google gets their act together and created ONE GOOD MESSAGING APP they would be straight.

Android has many things up on iOS but Apple did it right by making sure the communication aspects, THE MOST IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS OF THE F*****G PHONE, worked properly 
mean.gif

Last edited:
How hard is it for Google to reverse engineer iMessage and turn that into their own messaging app?

All these years and they still haven't found a way to improve it

Baffles my mind how they they have all the money but just can't figure it out

Back
Top Bottom