• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never realized emojis mattered that much to people until I saw Iphone fans boasting about them on FB. They're not that serious to me :\
Emojis and Read Receipts.  Iphone users go crazy about both, and they're both not even that serious.

Both features that I couldn't care less about as well.

In fact I prefer for people to not know when I read their **** because I have a habit of glancing at messages, saying that I'll get back to them in a second, and then never remembering to actually reply that would look a lot worse if read receipts come into play :lol:

Both features that I couldn't care less about as well.

In fact I prefer for people to not know when I read their **** because I have a habit of glancing at messages, saying that I'll get back to them in a second, and then never remembering to actually reply that would look a lot worse if read receipts come into play :lol:

You can turn receipts off and it isn't on by default

You can turn receipts off and it isn't on by default

Yeah I know, I was just piggybacking on the lack of interest in it expressed in the post I quoted.

The fact that Google is still fumbling on this in 2016 is headache-inducing though. At this point I'm just going to go with them not being able to unify all these desired features into one single app because it would bring them legal issues or something.

I remember @Yeah saying that they couldn't bake something like that the core Android OS due to legality if I'm not mistaken, so maybe that's still the issue.

Well after finally getting a store that had associates that knew what they are doing, the process wasn't that bad took about 20 minutes in total. Luckily I transfer all my pics and music to my SD card beforehand so it didn't take long at all for my messages and contacts.

New software update gets the green battery icon, I am noticing the device is still really hot while charging.

What carrier is charging for the box and original accessories? @sooperhooper That's absurd, I just brought my phone in and was fine.

Last edited:
frustrating as hell man, i love android for everything it offers but at the end of the day these are phones and they cannot for the life of them get the communication aspect of the phone down. it's absolutely ridiculous.

i enjoy using my galaxy more than my iphone i can just do so much more in terms of productivity and media consumption but i hate using it to do basic phone functions like texting and calling.

That's exactly why I sent my note 7 back.
I made the switch to android and they lost me within 2 weeks because I couldn't communicate properly. I thoroughly enjoyed everything else

Does anyone know of any cool icon packs. This is what I'm rocking currently

frustrating as hell man, i love android for everything it offers but at the end of the day these are phones and they cannot for the life of them get the communication aspect of the phone down. it's absolutely ridiculous.

i enjoy using my galaxy more than my iphone i can just do so much more in terms of productivity and media consumption but i hate using it to do basic phone functions like texting and calling.

That's exactly why I sent my note 7 back.
I made the switch to android and they lost me within 2 weeks because I couldn't communicate properly. I thoroughly enjoyed everything else

What do you mean you couldn't communicate properly?

I tried at least 5-6 different messaging apps, deactivated iMessage, made sure everything on Sprints end was ok, and no matter what I could send group texts but not receive any responses.
I even had some people delete our old group conversations on their iPhones and start a new one and it didn't make a difference

I tried at least 5-6 different messaging apps, deactivated iMessage, made sure everything on Sprints end was ok, and no matter what I could send group texts but not receive any responses.
I even had some people delete our old group conversations on their iPhones and start a new one and it didn't make a difference
this is one of those "it's not you, it's them" kind of deals. Unless the people you are texting stop trying to text you on imessage it doesn't matter. Best thing to do. Log into a mac, iPad, or even iPhone, and send out a mass text to people to start sending messages to you in blue. It also takes a few weeks, why? Cause it keeps isheep in the fold, by making it difficult for them to leave ios. They've already been sued for this.

I see, and that sucks. I never had an issue when ideas using Textra, you try that one?

this is one of those "it's not you, it's them" kind of deals. Unless the people you are texting stop trying to text you on imessage it doesn't matter. Best thing to do. Log into a mac, iPad, or even iPhone, and send out a mass text to people to start sending messages to you in blue. It also takes a few weeks, why? Cause it keeps isheep in the fold, by making it difficult for them to leave ios. They've already been sued for this.

That's the thing, I tried that w my wife and sis. I had them delete our old convos and I sent them a new one w my note. Same problem.

I see, and that sucks. I never had an issue when ideas using Textra, you try that one?

All of em man.. Gosms, 8sms, handcent, textra even Verizon messaging and I got sprint :lol:

Last edited:
That's the thing, I tried that w my wife and sis. I had them delete our old convos and I sent them a new one w my note. Same problem.
All of em man.. Gosms, 8sms, handcent, textra even Verizon messaging and I got sprint :lol:
dead serious, it's imessage. It purposely messes with your stuff for a while while it "transitions" I swear they do it to punish people for leaving the fold. Evrytime someone like you switches back it validates their method. They got you to switch back to ios because of messages, even though millions of regular Android people get their stuff fine, they "convinced" you to go back to ios.

My honest to God best advice for switching, is to turn imessage off for at least a week before switching to Android. Although sometimes with a lost phone, or an impulse by its not feasible

dead serious, it's imessage. It purposely messes with your stuff for a while while it "transitions" I swear they do it to punish people for leaving the fold. Evrytime someone like you switches back it validates their method. They got you to switch back to ios because of messages, even though millions of regular Android people get their stuff fine, they "convinced" you to go back to ios.

That's the thing, I have no allegiance to Apple at all. I was so upset w the iPhone 7 I decided they didn't deserve my business

If sprint had given me longer than 2 weeks to return it for a refund, maybe it would've fixed itself who knows.

A majority of my friends and family have iPhones and were hating hard but I was standing strong defending android because it was otherwise great.. Even w the whole exploding thing :lol:
Went back to my old 6+, didn't buy the 7

And missing texts may not seem like that big a deal but I can't afford to miss some of them that are work related

My honest to God best advice for switching, is to turn imessage off for at least a week before switching to Android. Although sometimes with a lost phone, or an impulse by its not feasible

That actually sounds like a good idea. Get my messages that were iMessages to have to come in as sms. Interesting thought

I'm gunna get another one and give it a shot to get this 7 plus off my main sim. Can't see it happening though

Only things that apple needs are a better camera and better maps and it's the goat. Gotta keep my edge around for those 2 things
Download Google maps problem solved

And missing texts may not seem like that big a deal but I can't afford to miss some of them that are work related
I quite agree, but until Apple is forced federally to change, they continue to do that. Amazing that usually the problem fixes itself right after the 2 week return period huh. If you think about switching again, I suggest you turn off imessage now. I guarantee that even if you turn it off, you will still get messages, cause the system know its an iPhone.

Imagine if Vonage somehow made you miss calls for leaving. It would be unacceptable right? It's cause anything that uses the phone lines have strict compatibility laws imessage is technically a private messaging system, like fb messenger that uses imessage. It has as much to follow federally as psn messaging does. Which is barely any. It's a scummy way to keep business but effective. You are a prime example. I only know this cause I gave my ex my nexus4 when her iPhone3 died and she went through the same thing for a few weeks.

I've literally never had any issues with group texts with ppl who have iPhones. Use the default message app and everything, can send and receive with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom