• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the products yet, but I have been around this thread for every Nexus launch since the Galaxy Nexus. I have never seen such a negative reaction to a Google event or product (maybe the Q :lol:)

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the products yet, but I have been around this thread for every Nexus launch since the Galaxy Nexus. I have never seen such a negative reaction to a Google event or product (maybe the Q :lol:)

Yeah it's pretty bad, the Nexus 6 reaction was pretty bad too. :lol:

Yeah it's pretty bad, the Nexus 6 reaction was pretty bad too. :lol:
More competition at a lower price, lacks innovative design, refinement rather than new features, did I say higher price point than past Google phones. All of these makes it extremely unappealing, and I'm actually OK with the design.

More competition at a lower price, lacks innovative design, refinement rather than new features, did I say higher price point than past Google phones. All of these makes it extremely unappealing, and I'm actually OK with the design.

Agree with all this, but I hate the design.

Meanwhile, the LG V20 was announced on September 6th and won't be available until after the Pixel is shipping. :rolleyes

I mess with Google, but they completely fumbled their formal introduction of Android 7.0

Last edited:
Actually, I'd rather not apply for financing and put it on my bill. Eff Google. *goes to T-Mobile store to cop Note 7*

First time lurker and poster in this thread.

I've been an iPhone user since the 3G and now looking to make the switch to Android. There isn't any particular reason why I want to make the switch, just looking for some change. Never really used an Android phone and wanted to see what it was like. I had my eyes set on the Note 7 before the recall was announced and now not sure which phone to go with. I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus since it's release and have grown accustomed to the large screen. At first, i dreaded how large the phone was, especially when inside my pocket. But it's become something I hardly ever notice anymore.

I've been hearing a lot of things about the Galaxy S8 edge and it seems like something I'd be interested in. But now with the announcement of the Google Pixel, this brings another option to the table.

What do you guys recommend? I mainly use my phone for texting, making calls, playing games (Clash of Clans, AdCap etc), streaming videos via YouTube, and reading news articles. I also use my phone as a source to play music. I do not stream music, but I do syncing my music library to my phone.

What would you guys recommend?

finger print scanner for the pixel is at the back only? how am i gona unlock when its flat on my desk at work? :\

htc makes solid build quality phones (i still have my m8) so i know this phones gona perform

Meanwhile, the LG V20 was announced on September 6th and won't be available until after the Pixel is shipping. :rolleyes

I mess with Google, but they completely fumbled their formal introduction of Android 7.0

LG's handling of the launch had been awful. V20 looks sexy though

Does anyone know if I can return a used phone to Google? I have a 6P and was curious about the Pixel, but won't keep the Pixel if I don't find it as a worthy upgrade.

First time lurker and poster in this thread.

I've been an iPhone user since the 3G and now looking to make the switch to Android. There isn't any particular reason why I want to make the switch, just looking for some change. Never really used an Android phone and wanted to see what it was like. I had my eyes set on the Note 7 before the recall was announced and now not sure which phone to go with. I've been using an iPhone 6 Plus since it's release and have grown accustomed to the large screen. At first, i dreaded how large the phone was, especially when inside my pocket. But it's become something I hardly ever notice anymore.

I've been hearing a lot of things about the Galaxy S8 edge and it seems like something I'd be interested in. But now with the announcement of the Google Pixel, this brings another option to the table.

What do you guys recommend? I mainly use my phone for texting, making calls, playing games (Clash of Clans, AdCap etc), streaming videos via YouTube, and reading news articles. I also use my phone as a source to play music. I do not stream music, but I do syncing my music library to my phone.

What would you guys recommend?

Depends on your price point. If you want a solid phone, and are used to the updates like Apple rolls out, look into the Nexus 6P. If updates aren't a big deal to you, then you can look into your Galaxy devices, Moto family through Motorola, and there are others. Honestly, you might be a little overwhelmed at the device offerings within the Android ecosystem as opposed to Apple who has only one phone.

My suggestion is at least let us know what you're looking for in a device as far as specs, storage, battery, etc.

Really? You think it's worth the price increase of the 6P?

I ain't mad about it.

This is the situation every year.

Small hardware upgrades combined with the proper canvas for the software to shine on. Which is also another upgrade.

Word to Apple, Samsung, LG etc.

I just have realistic expectations :lol:

And the best thing about all of this is, is that no one is forcing me to upgrade or buy it :lol:

I just appreciate :pimp:

Depends on your price point. If you want a solid phone, and are used to the updates like Apple rolls out, look into the Nexus 6P. If updates aren't a big deal to you, then you can look into your Galaxy devices, Moto family through Motorola, and there are others. Honestly, you might be a little overwhelmed at the device offerings within the Android ecosystem as opposed to Apple who has only one phone.

My suggestion is at least let us know what you're looking for in a device as far as specs, storage, battery, etc.

Price is no option to me. I'm willing to shell out money if the phone is worth it.

Specs? I just want a fast phone, with great storage (I take tons of pictures/videos, and store music), I've gotten used to the battery on the 6 plus. Also, camera should be nice.

Price is no option to me. I'm willing to shell out money if the phone is worth it.

Specs? I just want a fast phone, with great storage (I take tons of pictures/videos, and store music), I've gotten used to the battery on the 6 plus. Also, camera should be nice.

Then the Nexus 6P will be a solid phone. Comes in 32, 64, and 128GB.

Not saying all that, just wanted to get your opinion on why you think it's flames. Most of the comments are negative, and wanted to get a different perspective.

Oh :pimp:

I thought you were coming at me sideways :lol:

But I really don't have one problem with it. I like its design and I know it will be a performer and the software seems like it does a lot of things for you.

I can see why people aren't about the price of the XL 128 though.

Back
Top Bottom