• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe this is the wake up call OEMs need. To focus on user experience instead of meaningless specs. Don't pack your phone with top of the line specs that it can't handle.

Maybe this is the wake up call OEMs need. To focus on user experience instead of meaningless specs. Don't pack your phone with top of the line specs that it can't handle.

huh?

you mean the LG that announced a phone in the beginning of september that wouldn't get into consumers hands until the end of october?
the first phone sold with android 7.0, a now obsolete and outdated OS in the wake of 7.1, a phone announced last week that'll be in consumers hands by the 20th?
if any one besides sammy dropped the ball during this fiasco its been lg.
lawd if this v20 has bootloop issues :x :smh:

if any one won its probably apple.
maybe even google if this recent halt gets people back in the verizon and best buy stores once the pixel starts popping up this week into the next.

Apple is even losing, because the 7+ is so hard to get. They have to wait 3 to 6 weeks. Most people will just get a Edge or Galaxy since they're familiar with it.

we did it you guys! LG wins!!1

You work for LG?

Like many other things, people don't take it seriously until it hits close to home. The chances of malfunction are low, but I'd be looking like an idiot if something were to happen and i knew good and well that the device had flaws. I like this phone but I'm not crazy about it. There are several little things that i miss about lg so I won't mind switching back.

Ultimately, i can find an app that makes gifs/cut paste images.

Thankfully I got my iPhone just in time.

Samsung basically backed the wrong horse battery wise. They made the note series so power hungry, that they had to shove big batteries in them. Even the quick charge was heating them. I forsee them licensing the oppo quick charge (dash charge for oneplus) it works much better. And keeping a few mah out of the cells. The biggest problem with quick charge though for all phones is that you have to make the batteries sealed. Otherwise someone can stick a battery that isn't properly specced, and blow up a phone.

What are you talking about?

The battery is smaller than the one in the Edge 7

If the battery is smaller that's a big time fail then.would yall call this Note7 the biggest release day flop for a mobile phone?

huh?
Apple is even losing, because the 7+ is so hard to get. They have to wait 3 to 6 weeks. Most people will just get a Edge or Galaxy since they're familiar with it.
You work for LG?
Thankfully I got my iPhone just in time.
What are you talking about?

The battery is smaller than the one in the Edge 7
talking about physical size, not the 100 extra mah. They pushed the envelope too far in squeezing in extra "cells" so the cell walls were too thin and easy to puncture /short.

This isnt just a L for Samsung
Its an L for Android as a whole
Samsung is the premier Android device maker and its reputation has been tarnished.

Samsung is the premier Android device maker and its reputation has been tarnished.
I'm not sure the damage is irreversible though. They have such a huge base within the Android brand and it's anecdotal evidence, but the day I went to exchange my Note 7 every other person there got another one when they had the option to get something else. We'll just have to see how damaging it actually is when the S8 comes out. The fact is Pixel not being available on carriers and LG having their own issues likely won't result in them taking advantage of this mishap. 

In case anyone is looking for one, Opera has  a free, unlimited VPN available for both iOS and Android.  

This will hurt Samsung substantially but their pockets are deep enough that they will be able to recover. But this will tilt the needle back towards Apple.

It's like Android doesn't want to win. The formula is not hard. They can package something that does everything an iphone does and more for a substantially lower cost, and they can distribute it to all the carriers, and they can overlay enough customization between different manufacturers so that you feel you are getting something unique (the same way that you feel special buying a red Corolla or a blue Jetta but at the end of the day you're driving practically the same thing minus some differences in cost and reliability and handling and design touches). Give one phone a better camera and another phone gimmicky software features and give another a small screen or a big bezel or wireless charging or no headphone jack or 12 headphone jacks. And throw in a decent messaging app. End of the day it doesn't matter. They're all the same phone, but it feeds into the original intent of Android being customizable.

The process should be cookie cutter at this point. I mean the only thing manufacturers have to do is order the parts, put it together, and throw on Android with a few customizations, which people do for free all the time on xda.

But somehow the combination of Google, Samsung, LG, and whoever else can't get their **** together and put together a viable strategy with their billions and billions of dollars and armies of programmers and engineers and designers. Instead Samsung wants to squeeze out another hour of battery life or quick charge faster or whatever the reason was for the fires rather than give the user a more efficient OS. And as a result people will continue to think of Android as something for people who can't afford an iPhone or as the equivalent of a kit car that might blow up if you aren't careful.

So iPhone lives to see another day. Of course so will Android and Samsung.

Last edited:
Samsung might want to rebrand the Note for the next version.

This is so widespread that a lot of people won't buy it, because of it's previous reputation.

I wonder how far they are in the development cycle for the 8

No it isn't, most consumers are well aware that Android phones are put out by multiple OEM's

I'm just more upset I'm having to return this phone again. I'll just rock with the v20 until the s8 comes out, I really like the note 7 but I got a new house and kids. It's not really worth the hassle.

It didn't even sound real that the pixel charges for 7 hours of usage in 15 minutes. I still think I'm rocking with the 20.

Using a moto z play right now and it's smooth.

Honestly who gives a **** what people who have iPhones think? They've been repackaging the same thing for almost 5 years now, touting new features that have been available elsewhere for that same amount of time. If Android was to be cookie cutter they should just sell everything to Apple with all the different manufactures, cause that's literally all iPhones are.

Honestly who gives a **** what people who have iPhones think? They've been repackaging the same thing for almost 5 years now, touting new features that have been available elsewhere for that same amount of time. If Android was to be cookie cutter they should just sell everything to Apple with all the different manufactures, cause that's literally all iPhones are.
True, and at the end of the day I don't care if other people use Android or not.

I just feel Google, Samsung, etc. could do a better job to put out better products at a better price point.

But maybe I just need to take a step back and see what has changed. Up until the S3, the typical smartphone was a 3.5" item that took 4 hours to charge, produced subpar photos, and the battery would die within a couple hours if you tried to leave location services on. Now phones are 5-6", fast charge, take pretty damn good pictures, and constantly track location/sync/give feedback while still lasting a full day, along with many other improvements. And it was Android phones, not iPhone, that spurred many of these changes.

Anyway I'll stop ranting. Give me a good messaging app and I'm good.

Last edited:

No it isn't, most consumers are well aware that Android phones are put out by multiple OEM's
I think this is a L for the Galaxy line as a whole, rather than android as a whole. While most consumers will be able to distinguish between a Samsung phone and a LG phone, I think they will struggle to separate the problems of the Note line from the rest of the Samsung lineup. Going to be very interesting to see if sales of the S8 and its variants catch any of the backlash. 

I also agree that maybe rebranding the Note as something else might be the best course of action at this point. Maybe call it the S8 Pro or something like that 

It'll be interesting to see where they go but I don't think it'll hurt the line in the long run. Now if the majority of costumers actually had phones "explode" on them that'd be a completely different story. This time next year I think a lot of people will forget about this situation. It's always on to the next thing.

I assume the ones, never seen before or hardly, coming in to post links to N7 being halted are iphones users trying to get a lil giggle. As if the android thread wouldnt already know this info by now :stoneface:

Last edited:
It seems like Apple took its easy this year and took a half step with the 7 and 7+ but still ******** all over the android field

Samsung rep is in the dumpster.

Pixel is not waterproof no stereo speakers and is expensive for what it is.

Sony falling off

HTC falling off.

LG don't know what they're doing.

Motorola hasn't recovered

It didn't even sound real that the pixel charges for 7 hours of usage in 15 minutes. I still think I'm rocking with the 20.

Using a moto z play right now and it's smooth.

Thinking of copping. Is the battery as goat as its claimed? Quick review?

How's android with wifi calling or Verizon I should say? That's vital for me and is what has kept me on the iPhone as it was the first vzw device to have wifi calling.

I'm strongly considering paying the 130 to get to 50 percent paid to trade in this iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom