• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tempted on the XL 2 but if Verizon gonna make me payoff my current phone just to upgrade to it they can keep it. May look into next year.

The PixelBook is on my radar right now. Wondering how apps like Lightroom work on it. If it can handle it really well it could be a considerable option

Hey guys looking for a cheap android phone just to mess around with and maybe throw some movies on.
Features im looking for.
Expandable memory.
Largest screen + resolution + quality.
Looking to spend around 100 maybe 200 max

You may want to check out the Moto line, but I don't think you'll find something in that price range. May have to go a little higher, or go used. Moto G5S plus is $280 I believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys looking for a cheap android phone just to mess around with and maybe throw some movies on.
Features im looking for.
Expandable memory.
Largest screen + resolution + quality.
Looking to spend around 100 maybe 200 max

Mark already blessed you, but if none of those are that appealing you could grab a clean LG V10 for within that range off of Swappa. Or a V20 if you'd be willing to raise your ceiling by another ~$30-40. Both check all of your desired points if I'm not mistaken.

So what y'all gonna do about this Pixel?

I know some of you were waiting.

I personally think the Note is the only way to go if you can afford it. Then the G30 or S8+

I personally think the Note is the only way to go if you can afford it. Then the G30 or S8+

I thought hard about it last night and just couldn’t pull the trigger .. their biggest draw is the camera feature but I personally think the note 8 and even the iPhone takes good enough pictures to look “amazing” phone still looks bulky and it’s bezels are still pretty big for the latest market of full screen phones. I hated how he said we don’t change things from our big phone to our small phone but yet you include the full atrocious bezels on the smaller version and if you want the full screen you would need to size up . Their whole presentation just seemed generic to me and nothing innovative . Wireless ear buds with wires that wrap around your head ? A laptop with those horrible bezels .. I just overall felt like they could have done better

Popular opinion here but i would cop if it had a headphone jack.

I do like the blue small Pixel tho.

It was between the Note 8 and Pixel 2 XL, til I saw the Note 8 in person. Phone is beautiful as hell but it's too damn long :lol:. I couldn't even imagine trying to hold that thing in my hand on a regular basis, or even just walking around with it in my pocket. I'd go S8+ but I want to try a raw android experience for the first time.

Verizon Pixel Deal

Screenshot_20171005-123310.jpg

https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/homepage/?intcmp=vzwdom

I think that the raw experience is pretty overrated. Especially since theses manufacturers have toned down their versions of Android.

Obviously it is my opinion but if your are in the market for a new phone TODAY and are not interested in an iPhone how you don't go with the Note or S8+ is beyond me. V30 as well. I can make sense of those 3 :lol:

I do like the pixel though

Yea, Verizon wants me to pay the balance of my phone off before I upgrade. I'll be keeping my XL but I'll pick one up cheaper next year. Sucks not being one of the first lol/smh

I think that the raw experience is pretty overrated. Especially since theses manufacturers have toned down their versions of Android.

Obviously it is my opinion but if your are in the market for a new phone TODAY and are not interested in an iPhone how you don't go with the Note or S8+ is beyond me. V30 as well. I can make sense of those 3 :lol:

I do like the pixel though

I feel you, honestly. They've definitely toned down on the bloat, and whatever else can easily be disabled or removed completely.

It'll ultimately come down to how I feel when I'm holding each in hand and just messing around with them, which will be an issue since finding a Pixel in stores is damn near impossible it seems :lol:

Definitely gonna mess around with an 8+ and the XL 2 before I make my decision, though.

I'm so tired of this new way t mobile structures these deals. Adding a line isn't practical

I'll be ordering the XL2. 3 years of OS updates is crucial, and I love the performance of the Nexus-Pixel lines. Add a good camera, largest battery in a flagship out right now, and Google's customer service and I have no issue dropping the money for it.

After the month or so of having this Note8 the only issue is the fingerprint location. But the Iris scanner is money, so I forget about it. Samsung pay is a legit game changer, I don't even use NFC

people are underestimating the iris scanner on the note 8 for sure, it works an arm length away and is instant even at night for me.

Iris scanner was great on the 7, didn't use it because I liked unlocking my phone without looking at it. Like while pulling it out of my pocket

After the month or so of having this Note8 the only issue is the fingerprint location. But the Iris scanner is money, so I forget about it. Samsung pay is a legit game changer, I don't even use NFC

What made you choose Samsung pay over Android pay?

I could never see myself using the iris scanner. Too creepy for me.

What made you choose Samsung pay over Android pay?

Samsung Pay is dope because it works anywhere you can swipe essentially. There have been several times where a cashier has told me they don't take Android Pay and I just hold my phone up to the card swipe and then see them be amazed.

To my knowledge Samsung Pay uses magnetic secure transmission (MST) in addition to the NFC. I think Android Pay is only NFC. I could be completely wrong though. Never used Android Pay.

what I like ab android pay is that it works from any screen as long as nfc is on. I think Samsung pay has to be open and on the screen with the card.

Back
Top Bottom