• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I scoffed at their original price, but for $280 the essential phone is a phenomenal bargain. I see they haven’t announced a successor to it yet

I scoffed at their original price, but for $280 the essential phone is a phenomenal bargain. I see they haven’t announced a successor to it yet

They aren’t doing a successor. They sold horrible at launch and didn’t move enough units to sustain themselves to invest in another model.

The Essential Phone 2 has reportedly been canceled
The company appears to be up for sale

vpavic_170816_1924_0106.0.jpg

Photo by Vjeran Pavic / The Verge
Essential has canceled plans to develop a second phone and is exploring selling off the entire company, according to Bloomberg. Much of the details remain up in the air. Talks of a sale sound like they aren’t very far along, and the report says that Essential still has plans for future products.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ncels-phone-development-considers-sale-report

The Wi-Fi on my S7 is constantly dropping in and out for some reason. Mobile data is working fine it seems, but once I connect to the home wi-fi, speed and apps aren't functioning as usual.

I guess the headphones even though I won't use them. I don't play Fortnite either and I already have some Beats.

The wired akg earbuds that came with the 8 are solid. Way better than the b&o that came with the v20. The ones that come with the 9 might be solid.

The AKG's I got with my note 8 are solid. I do prefer a separate button for skipping forward and backward.

My dad cracked his S8 screen a couple months back and it's about $180-220 to get it fixed.

Strongly considering just copping the Essential Phone for him.

EDIT: Ordered. Got the phone and a case for $200.18 shipped. Shout out to Amazon, should be coming in on Thursday. My one concern is the reception on T-Mobile. Some report it's crap while others say it's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to track a phone by using just the IMEI? My house was robbed today and I noticed they stole my backup s7edge. I called tmobile but they said of the Sim isn't in the phone then they can't do anything.

I doubt there's a way but hoping someone may know a way?

Back
Top Bottom