Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by davizzy

is it possible to use a tmobile vibrant for a different carrier like at&t after rooting it?

Tetsujin23- how's the battery life with MIUI? i havent flashed the latest MIUI's cus it seems like they put out a different version every week. i also read that it has an 'echoing' problem when you are on the phone with someone.

MIUIs battery life is piff, thats why im always on it, I've tried different ROMs but none compare to MIUI, and its real simple/easy to use.Never had problems with echoing, but Im never on the phone like that anyways.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

is it possible to use a tmobile vibrant for a different carrier like at&t after rooting it?

No.

The Galaxy S has  variants for diff. bands. They made the Captivate for AT&T and the Vibrant for T-Mo.

For anyone who wants to ask if "phone X would work on  network X", check the band network X uses and check which bands the phone has.
Sorry, it's getting redundant already.

There may be some phones that can do it, but you'll have problems on the data (you won't be able to use 4G *ahem* and you may drop down to 2G or Edge)

The only phone I can think of that runs on every band there is : Nokia N8

shut up.

i have the vibrant on at&t and it picks up 3g just fine.

btw, rooting and sim unlocking are not the same.  you'll have to sim unlock your phone to get it working on at&t.

Shut up the phone doesnt have att's 3g bands on the phone and you cant just manually add them.  You should by and prove a false point

No.

The Galaxy S has  variants for diff. bands. They made the Captivate for AT&T and the Vibrant for T-Mo.

For anyone who wants to ask if "phone X would work on  network X", check the band network X uses and check which bands the phone has.

There may be some phones that can do it, but you'll have problems on the data (you won't be able to use 4G *ahem* and you may drop down to 2G or Edge)

shut up.

btw, rooting and sim unlocking are not the same.  you'll have to sim unlock your phone to get it working on at&t.

Shut up the phone doesnt have att's 3g bands on the phone and you cant just manually add them.  You should by and prove a false point

has anyone filed a insurance claim before? i'm gonna file one for my g1 and it said the only replacement they have is the mt4g. i'd take it in a heartbeat since the deductible is only $130 but my question is, will i need to extend my contract for it? and it shouldn't matter that my phone is rooted since it's insurance and not the warranty right?

has anyone filed a insurance claim before? i'm gonna file one for my g1 and it said the only replacement they have is the mt4g. i'd take it in a heartbeat since the deductible is only $130 but my question is, will i need to extend my contract for it? and it shouldn't matter that my phone is rooted since it's insurance and not the warranty right?

I currently have the iphone 3g but looking to buy a brand new mytouch 4g on craigslist

The problem is I no longer have data plan. I cut it off last Sept. since I live on campus and I'm always around wifi.

Does the mytouch 4g require a dataplan to get pass the startup screen? If data is required, how can I pass the startup screen?

I currently have the iphone 3g but looking to buy a brand new mytouch 4g on craigslist

The problem is I no longer have data plan. I cut it off last Sept. since I live on campus and I'm always around wifi.

Does the mytouch 4g require a dataplan to get pass the startup screen? If data is required, how can I pass the startup screen?

Originally Posted by DonJuan23

No.

shut up.

AT&T version of Samsung Galaxy S
[table][tr][th="row"]General[/th][td]2G Network[/td][td]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3G Network[/td][td]HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
[/td][/tr][/table][h1]
[/h1]
For T-Mobile
Also known as Samsung T959 Galaxy S
[table][tr][th="row"]General[/th][td]2G Network[/td][td]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3G Network[/td][td]HSDPA 1700 / 1900 / 2100[/td][/tr][/table][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Galaxy S Unlockable, T-Mobile Vibrant Supports AT&T 3G[/h1]Posted by: Stephen Tenerowicz
August 22, 2010

It was a very slow day, but we have a bit of breaking news tonight.  Engadget is reporting that Dagentooboy of XDA-Developers has discovered that the codes used to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S are not stored at Samsung headquarters, but in a .BAK file on the handset.  The codes are in fact so simple to find that all you will need is a hex editor and be able to key right in when inserting a new SIM card. While I have not personally tested this method, Engadget reportedly unlocked both the Captivate and Vibrant in less than five minutes time.  The other interesting part about the unlocking was that the T-Mobile Vibrant was capable of AT&T 3G using an AT&T SIM card (the same cannot be said of the AT&T Captivate). Quite surprising indeed.

So, do you want to know the best part? Well, that is that none of this requires you to actually root the device. That's right, you can do this on good old stock. The other bit of good news is that you can re-lock the handset with the code. It is all very easy and quite safe.

Seems pretty ridiculous that Samsung would put the codes on the handset.  Although, I am not sure it really matters as the big 4 carriers all have the handset.  Anyone out there considering ditching T-Mobile for AT&T and taking their Vibrant along for the ride?

Originally Posted by DonJuan23

No.

shut up.

AT&T version of Samsung Galaxy S
[table][tr][th="row"]General[/th][td]2G Network[/td][td]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3G Network[/td][td]HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
[/td][/tr][/table][h1]
[/h1]
For T-Mobile
Also known as Samsung T959 Galaxy S
[table][tr][th="row"]General[/th][td]2G Network[/td][td]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3G Network[/td][td]HSDPA 1700 / 1900 / 2100[/td][/tr][/table][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Galaxy S Unlockable, T-Mobile Vibrant Supports AT&T 3G[/h1]Posted by: Stephen Tenerowicz
August 22, 2010

It was a very slow day, but we have a bit of breaking news tonight.  Engadget is reporting that Dagentooboy of XDA-Developers has discovered that the codes used to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S are not stored at Samsung headquarters, but in a .BAK file on the handset.  The codes are in fact so simple to find that all you will need is a hex editor and be able to key right in when inserting a new SIM card. While I have not personally tested this method, Engadget reportedly unlocked both the Captivate and Vibrant in less than five minutes time.  The other interesting part about the unlocking was that the T-Mobile Vibrant was capable of AT&T 3G using an AT&T SIM card (the same cannot be said of the AT&T Captivate). Quite surprising indeed.

So, do you want to know the best part? Well, that is that none of this requires you to actually root the device. That's right, you can do this on good old stock. The other bit of good news is that you can re-lock the handset with the code. It is all very easy and quite safe.

Seems pretty ridiculous that Samsung would put the codes on the handset.  Although, I am not sure it really matters as the big 4 carriers all have the handset.  Anyone out there considering ditching T-Mobile for AT&T and taking their Vibrant along for the ride?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Tetsujin23- how's the battery life with MIUI? i havent flashed the latest MIUI's cus it seems like they put out a different version every week. i also read that it has an 'echoing' problem when you are on the phone with someone.

MIUIs battery life is piff, thats why im always on it, I've tried different ROMs but none compare to MIUI, and its real simple/easy to use.
Never had problems with echoing, but Im never on the phone like that anyways.
laugh.gif

Which kernal are you running? I might need to go back and try it out again. I always liked it but I hated the fact that I needed to flash a new rom everyweek

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

MIUIs battery life is piff, thats why im always on it, I've tried different ROMs but none compare to MIUI, and its real simple/easy to use.
Never had problems with echoing, but Im never on the phone like that anyways.
laugh.gif

Which kernal are you running? I might need to go back and try it out again. I always liked it but I hated the fact that I needed to flash a new rom everyweek

^niceee, didnt know u was from the wood.
pimp.gif

Im not feelin the newest ver. Of miui, it doesnt reload the themes properly, imma go back to the one I been on.
The kernal ima use is bfs havs (sp?) Or somethin like that. Ill send u the link to it.

^niceee, didnt know u was from the wood.
pimp.gif

Im not feelin the newest ver. Of miui, it doesnt reload the themes properly, imma go back to the one I been on.
The kernal ima use is bfs havs (sp?) Or somethin like that. Ill send u the link to it.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Coming out February 13th, only $99

Im doing preorders for it.

HTC_Inspire.jpg

images

HTC-Inspire-4G-Smartphone-Specs-Sheet.jpg

damnnn. thats AT&T right? what phone is that?
BTW, forgive me for my unparalleled lack of knowledge in this subject, but I'm not too up on phones and stuff. I'm due for an upgrade in a few months and I've had my curve for tooo long.
alien.gif

All my friends keep pushing these android phones and I think I might do it. I'm thinking I might just leave AT&T and I want an Android phone but with a keyboard tho. my question is, because I want unlimited data/web browsing, unlimited text and at least 300 min. a month, which service provider is the best?

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Coming out February 13th, only $99

Im doing preorders for it.

HTC_Inspire.jpg

images

HTC-Inspire-4G-Smartphone-Specs-Sheet.jpg

damnnn. thats AT&T right? what phone is that?
BTW, forgive me for my unparalleled lack of knowledge in this subject, but I'm not too up on phones and stuff. I'm due for an upgrade in a few months and I've had my curve for tooo long.
alien.gif

All my friends keep pushing these android phones and I think I might do it. I'm thinking I might just leave AT&T and I want an Android phone but with a keyboard tho. my question is, because I want unlimited data/web browsing, unlimited text and at least 300 min. a month, which service provider is the best?

Back
Top Bottom