• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by juggy4805

If anyone is looking for a "cheap" android phone Virgin Mobile just announced the LG Optimus V. Lowest plan is 25 a month which includes unlimited data and text and comes with 300 minutes.

http://www.virginmobileus...ps1-optimuslaunch-020111

I got the Optimus S and I was very surprised at how fast this phone is with Android 2.2. Very good phone and should bring in a lot of dumbphone users.

At 25 a month it's a steal

im paying almost 70 with my g1 (android 1.6) when i could be paying $25...smh
damn dude you still on 1.6? root it already. got CM 6 and got like 18 hours of battery with it still at 50% with some minimum usage of FB and the browser.
too bad my screen crapped out and only works when the keyboard is slid open. something about the ribbons connecting to the screen being connected improperly but i can't seem to fix it.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by juggy4805

If anyone is looking for a "cheap" android phone Virgin Mobile just announced the LG Optimus V. Lowest plan is 25 a month which includes unlimited data and text and comes with 300 minutes.

http://www.virginmobileus...ps1-optimuslaunch-020111

I got the Optimus S and I was very surprised at how fast this phone is with Android 2.2. Very good phone and should bring in a lot of dumbphone users.

At 25 a month it's a steal

im paying almost 70 with my g1 (android 1.6) when i could be paying $25...smh
damn dude you still on 1.6? root it already. got CM 6 and got like 18 hours of battery with it still at 50% with some minimum usage of FB and the browser.
too bad my screen crapped out and only works when the keyboard is slid open. something about the ribbons connecting to the screen being connected improperly but i can't seem to fix it.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by JUS3

I'm on T-Mobile, anyone here getting the Samsung Galaxy S? Should I wait for that HTC Pyramid.  Those specs are beastly no ninjahood.
If you're really itching right now get the MyTouch4G. Forget the Galaxy S (listen to me).

If you can hold on until May-June then just wait for the Pyramid. I'm JUST HOPING they improve the battery (although in theory it should have a better battery life). All the bells and whistles are short-lived if you have a phone which dies after 12 hours.

^^ Isnt it coming out for TMo? I coulda swore I read something that it is...
30t6p3b.gif

Nope. 1700/2100 for T-Mo. All the Optimus 2X and the 3D won't have the band we need.

I'm in Canada and my provider is Wind. I'm relying on T-Mobile releases because their devices are compatible with Wind.

That's why I said "finally". It's always the GSM bands that gets excellent phones first. Verizon and Sprint also gets more love than T-Mo.
Damn, really wanted one of these dual core phones just dont know if I can hold up till June for a phone
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm on T-Mobile, anyone here getting the Samsung Galaxy S? Should I wait for that HTC Pyramid.  Those specs are beastly no ninjahood.
If you're really itching right now get the MyTouch4G. Forget the Galaxy S (listen to me).

If you can hold on until May-June then just wait for the Pyramid. I'm JUST HOPING they improve the battery (although in theory it should have a better battery life). All the bells and whistles are short-lived if you have a phone which dies after 12 hours.

30t6p3b.gif

Nope. 1700/2100 for T-Mo. All the Optimus 2X and the 3D won't have the band we need.

I'm in Canada and my provider is Wind. I'm relying on T-Mobile releases because their devices are compatible with Wind.

That's why I said "finally". It's always the GSM bands that gets excellent phones first. Verizon and Sprint also gets more love than T-Mo.
Damn, really wanted one of these dual core phones just dont know if I can hold up till June for a phone
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by sladewilson

CM7 how do u get the simple text icons ?

peep sig.

last 2
Spoiler [+]
5416712724_cb615d4f05.jpg
5416712756_e8e5c105a2.jpg
5416712792_92a26cef49.jpg

5416100701_85265ced29.jpg

also boost, why you worrying bout bricking your phone. ITS NOT GOING TO BRICK!! Just Do It.
tired.gif

My man! Dope as always
pimp.gif
what is that widget with all the stats?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by sladewilson

CM7 how do u get the simple text icons ?

peep sig.

last 2
Spoiler [+]
5416712724_cb615d4f05.jpg
5416712756_e8e5c105a2.jpg
5416712792_92a26cef49.jpg

5416100701_85265ced29.jpg

also boost, why you worrying bout bricking your phone. ITS NOT GOING TO BRICK!! Just Do It.
tired.gif

My man! Dope as always
pimp.gif
what is that widget with all the stats?

Its called advanced clock widget. Been using it for a while now. 
pimp.gif

Also, theres an update for Beautiful Widgets for Live Weather Wallpaper too.

5417268696_05ded5234e.jpg

Its called advanced clock widget. Been using it for a while now. 
pimp.gif

Also, theres an update for Beautiful Widgets for Live Weather Wallpaper too.

5417268696_05ded5234e.jpg

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

lol, we're on the same boat but I can hold on to my Nexus S for another 5. I'll be waiting for those EBAY deals to show up. Plus, you don't want to be an early adopter for "newer" gadgets. There's always something in there that needs to be improved or fixed

i.e. MyTouch4G has a KNOWN screen issue that T-Mobile continues to deny unless they've actually had you on the phone for an hour straight. There's a way of checking it in less than 1 minute.

I just hope the Nexus S holds value just like the Nexus One so I don't spend much.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

lol, we're on the same boat but I can hold on to my Nexus S for another 5. I'll be waiting for those EBAY deals to show up. Plus, you don't want to be an early adopter for "newer" gadgets. There's always something in there that needs to be improved or fixed

i.e. MyTouch4G has a KNOWN screen issue that T-Mobile continues to deny unless they've actually had you on the phone for an hour straight. There's a way of checking it in less than 1 minute.

I just hope the Nexus S holds value just like the Nexus One so I don't spend much.

is it possible to use a tmobile vibrant for a different carrier like at&t after rooting it?

Tetsujin23- how's the battery life with MIUI? i havent flashed the latest MIUI's cus it seems like they put out a different version every week. i also read that it has an 'echoing' problem when you are on the phone with someone.

is it possible to use a tmobile vibrant for a different carrier like at&t after rooting it?

Tetsujin23- how's the battery life with MIUI? i havent flashed the latest MIUI's cus it seems like they put out a different version every week. i also read that it has an 'echoing' problem when you are on the phone with someone.

is the atrix really 500 
sick.gif
? thats prally the dopest android not out yet... i thought the dock itself was 60 so how much is the phone 
30t6p3b.gif
... id cop but im loyal to verizon because of the good service and i'm already locked in with my incredible that i copped since august... i love my android but i just hate the battery life and no i don't feel like copping a bulky battery just to get more life on my phone 
laugh.gif

is the atrix really 500 
sick.gif
? thats prally the dopest android not out yet... i thought the dock itself was 60 so how much is the phone 
30t6p3b.gif
... id cop but im loyal to verizon because of the good service and i'm already locked in with my incredible that i copped since august... i love my android but i just hate the battery life and no i don't feel like copping a bulky battery just to get more life on my phone 
laugh.gif

No.

The Galaxy S has  variants for diff. bands. They made the Captivate for AT&T and the Vibrant for T-Mo.

For anyone who wants to ask if "phone X would work on  network X", check the band network X uses and check which bands the phone has.
Sorry, it's getting redundant already.

There may be some phones that can do it, but you'll have problems on the data (you won't be able to use 4G *ahem* and you may drop down to 2G or Edge)

The only phone I can think of that runs on every band there is : Nokia N8

No.

The Galaxy S has  variants for diff. bands. They made the Captivate for AT&T and the Vibrant for T-Mo.

For anyone who wants to ask if "phone X would work on  network X", check the band network X uses and check which bands the phone has.

There may be some phones that can do it, but you'll have problems on the data (you won't be able to use 4G *ahem* and you may drop down to 2G or Edge)

No.

shut up.

i have the vibrant on at&t and it picks up 3g just fine.

btw, rooting and sim unlocking are not the same.  you'll have to sim unlock your phone to get it working on at&t.

No.

shut up.

i have the vibrant on at&t and it picks up 3g just fine.

btw, rooting and sim unlocking are not the same.  you'll have to sim unlock your phone to get it working on at&t.

Originally Posted by davizzy

MIUIs battery life is piff, thats why im always on it, I've tried different ROMs but none compare to MIUI, and its real simple/easy to use.Never had problems with echoing, but Im never on the phone like that anyways.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom