• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Is that 4g or wifi?

It means you have lightning fast speeds.....literally, lol.

Smh @ the upload speed being better than my home internet....smh

Verizon doesn't cap speeds?

That was 4G. Washington, DC server.

Got my Thunderbolt earlier today. Been downloading apps like crazy,
laugh.gif
. Great phone.

Getting ready to flash my first rom.
Question though. Is it pretty easy to take it back to stock if I don't like it or something messes up?

Question though. Is it pretty easy to take it back to stock if I don't like it or something messes up?

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Just got my Thunderbolt. I'm switching from a BB. Don't really know what I should do first.

this will be me soon.. except insert whatever new "best" htc device there is.. so i bump his question.
i've been trying to prepare for the transition by building a bookmarks folder with sites and forums and stuff but every time i read a question or set of instructions from android users i'm kinda lost. 

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Just got my Thunderbolt. I'm switching from a BB. Don't really know what I should do first.

this will be me soon.. except insert whatever new "best" htc device there is.. so i bump his question.
i've been trying to prepare for the transition by building a bookmarks folder with sites and forums and stuff but every time i read a question or set of instructions from android users i'm kinda lost. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

do a nand back up before you flash anything first. Once you do that, if you want to switch back to stock all you do is a restore and you will have the stock ROM back.

do a nand back up before you flash anything first. Once you do that, if you want to switch back to stock all you do is a restore and you will have the stock ROM back.

Originally Posted by davizzy

the back up is running right now....nand backup is the same as ClockworkMod Recovery right?
A couple questions about these instructions though.

Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
Perform a factory reset.
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

if NANDroid is the same as that ClockworkMod Recovery backup then I just did that.

How do I format the system, data & cache partitions?
Factory reset....I know how to do that
Flashy CYanogenMod....how do I do this? download the file and change it to update.zip?
and what's the poitn of Google Apps addon package?

the back up is running right now....nand backup is the same as ClockworkMod Recovery right?

Perform a factory reset.
Flash CyanogenMod.

if NANDroid is the same as that ClockworkMod Recovery backup then I just did that.

Flashy CYanogenMod....how do I do this? download the file and change it to update.zip?

Not feeling this gingerbread rom. None of my fbook contacts there
30t6p3b.gif

Some other issues tooAnyone know how to get this rom into recovery? Got damn.

Not feeling this gingerbread rom. None of my fbook contacts there
30t6p3b.gif

Some other issues tooAnyone know how to get this rom into recovery? Got damn.

Perform a factory reset.
Flash CyanogenMod.

Yeah Nand is part of Clockwork
You do all formatting, partitioning, wiping and flashing in Clockwork...the options are in there

Perform a factory reset.
Flash CyanogenMod.

Yeah Nand is part of Clockwork
You do all formatting, partitioning, wiping and flashing in Clockwork...the options are in there

Perform a factory reset.

Flash CyanogenMod.

Yes nand backup is the same thing. Be sure to back-up your wimax keys just in case. I like Amon ra recovery but they do the same thing, its just personally opinion.
These are the steps you do:
Do a back-up
After that you, go to wipe which should bring a group of items to wipe. Wipe dalvik cache, cache, and data reset.
Then after that, you go to flash a zip file and find the ROM you want to flash.
Cyanogen is a ROM that you could flash if you like.
google apps is needed for the Cyanogen ROM to get things like the marketplace, gmail and some other items that sense roms have.

Perform a factory reset.

Flash CyanogenMod.

Yes nand backup is the same thing. Be sure to back-up your wimax keys just in case. I like Amon ra recovery but they do the same thing, its just personally opinion.
These are the steps you do:
Do a back-up
After that you, go to wipe which should bring a group of items to wipe. Wipe dalvik cache, cache, and data reset.
Then after that, you go to flash a zip file and find the ROM you want to flash.
Cyanogen is a ROM that you could flash if you like.
google apps is needed for the Cyanogen ROM to get things like the marketplace, gmail and some other items that sense roms have.

Okay so I flashed MIUI and it's working. Only problem is that I can't get my contacts from my sd car!
I exported them right before I did all this and now I can't get them back.

The vcf file is there, I'm lookign at it. MIUI contact just wont import it

nvm the vcf is blank when I opened it.restoring back to stock then gonna try it again

Okay so I flashed MIUI and it's working. Only problem is that I can't get my contacts from my sd car!
I exported them right before I did all this and now I can't get them back.

The vcf file is there, I'm lookign at it. MIUI contact just wont import it

nvm the vcf is blank when I opened it.restoring back to stock then gonna try it again

Back
Top Bottom