Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I flashed a modem to my phone, I want to flash another one. Do I delete the other file from my phone first or delete it after I flash the new one?

Nah just flash the new one.
Boost lemme know how that rom is.
nerd.gif

The sidekick 4G is gonna have a 3 megapixel camera 
sick.gif

and damn boost you just finding out about the gingerbread screen off animation ?
laugh.gif

The sidekick 4G is gonna have a 3 megapixel camera 
sick.gif

and damn boost you just finding out about the gingerbread screen off animation ?
laugh.gif

KING x RIECE wrote:
laugh.gif

Naw just forgot about it, kinda threw me off like "oh $*+!, I done forgot about this feature".

Quick screenshot
757093527.jpg

Gonna take out the stock MIUI icons and put in my own.

KING x RIECE wrote:
laugh.gif

Naw just forgot about it, kinda threw me off like "oh $*+!, I done forgot about this feature".

Quick screenshot
757093527.jpg

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

KING x RIECE wrote:
laugh.gif

Quick screenshot
757093527.jpg

NO 4G ? WI MAX ?

KING x RIECE wrote:
laugh.gif

Quick screenshot
757093527.jpg

NO 4G ? WI MAX ?

^ Nope. MIUI is ported from Nexus S / Desire HD which don't have 4G/WiMax BUT since MIUI Gingerbread is based off CM7 open source rom (which has 4G/WiMax) the US devs are gonna implement it soon. 
Originally Posted by davizzy

any bugs on GB MIUI? ohh yeah boost what happened to the MIUI theme you were working on?
Nothing major so far. 
Gonna work on it this weekend, in the mean time I'm just gonna throw my icons and some wallpapers on it just to see how it looks. 

EDIT: For those of you who want to flash it, do this process, 

I'm up and running! Love'n the new UI's. Pull down notificaiton is sick and brilliant! Flash was flawless, and no issues what so ever. Wow...it's fast!
Here's what I did. Some steps may be a little redundant, but that's just me.

NAND Backup just in case!

I backed up my contacts by exporting to CSV file
Used App brain to back up my apps ( don't mind manually reinstalling them)
Boot into Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset (twice)
Use Caulkins Format all zip (twice)
Wipe cache/Dalvik Cache (twice)
Flashed MIUI-Evo-1.3.18-ENG-signed.zip
Reboot (Initial boot will take a bit. Be patient it will boot)
Enjoy your gingerbread with your favorite drink! 

Thanks to everyone involved for bringing this to us!

PS. I miss the MIUI lockscreen! I hope it makes it into the next release!

Some things he listed twice, I just did it once and I did not use Caulkins format (have no idea what that is).

^ Nope. MIUI is ported from Nexus S / Desire HD which don't have 4G/WiMax BUT since MIUI Gingerbread is based off CM7 open source rom (which has 4G/WiMax) the US devs are gonna implement it soon. 

any bugs on GB MIUI? ohh yeah boost what happened to the MIUI theme you were working on?
Nothing major so far. 
Gonna work on it this weekend, in the mean time I'm just gonna throw my icons and some wallpapers on it just to see how it looks. 

I'm up and running! Love'n the new UI's. Pull down notificaiton is sick and brilliant! Flash was flawless, and no issues what so ever. Wow...it's fast!

Boot into Recovery

Some things he listed twice, I just did it once and I did not use Caulkins format (have no idea what that is).

Nothing major so far. 

Boot into Recovery

What version of recovery do you boot into ?

Nothing major so far. 

Boot into Recovery

What version of recovery do you boot into ?

I'm real jelly right now of Verizon Thunderbolt owners. Dude at work was putting down 10/mbps and 1.5mbps on regular 3G. I swear my phone used to have a consistent 1mbps on 3G around launch time for the Evo and has gone to garbage 500kbps and lower... I get 4G, but even that is spotty and can't go through the walls as good as Verizon's network. I did the math and it's about a $20/month difference. Question is should I make the leap? Yes I'm feeling froggy.

I'm real jelly right now of Verizon Thunderbolt owners. Dude at work was putting down 10/mbps and 1.5mbps on regular 3G. I swear my phone used to have a consistent 1mbps on 3G around launch time for the Evo and has gone to garbage 500kbps and lower... I get 4G, but even that is spotty and can't go through the walls as good as Verizon's network. I did the math and it's about a $20/month difference. Question is should I make the leap? Yes I'm feeling froggy.

Back
Top Bottom