• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]HTC Sensation System Dump Shows Signed Bootloader, Bad News For Custom ROM’s[/h1]

Screen-shot-2011-05-13-at-9.37.16-AM.png

Today is seemingly going to be a mixed day for HTC Sensation fans as they get a video preview of the 10 best features the device has to offer. Unfortunately not all of the news is positive as AndroidPolice has uncovered a new system dump indicating the Sensation has a signed locked bootloader. As such the Sensation will be protected via HTC’s private key which means, unless by a stroke of very good luck we can’t expect custom ROM’s on the device. Yet, the same was said for the Thunderbolt and G2 in recent memory, there is no guarantee the same luck streak will continue for the HTC Sensation.

[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]HTC Sensation System Dump Shows Signed Bootloader, Bad News For Custom ROM’s[/h1]

Screen-shot-2011-05-13-at-9.37.16-AM.png

Today is seemingly going to be a mixed day for HTC Sensation fans as they get a video preview of the 10 best features the device has to offer. Unfortunately not all of the news is positive as AndroidPolice has uncovered a new system dump indicating the Sensation has a signed locked bootloader. As such the Sensation will be protected via HTC’s private key which means, unless by a stroke of very good luck we can’t expect custom ROM’s on the device. Yet, the same was said for the Thunderbolt and G2 in recent memory, there is no guarantee the same luck streak will continue for the HTC Sensation.

anyone actually watching movies on their phone though?
After a while I just said forget it and finished it on my computer

anyone actually watching movies on their phone though?
After a while I just said forget it and finished it on my computer

New video on the HTC Sensation is pretty sick... Still debating what I should go for between the Sensation or Galaxy S2

New video on the HTC Sensation is pretty sick... Still debating what I should go for between the Sensation or Galaxy S2

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

I was debating the same thing. Im going with the sgs2 the locked boot on the sensation is a bad look.

I was debating the same thing. Im going with the sgs2 the locked boot on the sensation is a bad look.

I am very intrigued by the htc sensation and I am in need of a new phone (I currently have the blackberry bold 9800 since it first came out).... 

Being that I have at&t, will I still be able to get it despite it going to t-mobile?  I mean isn't At&t buying t-mo anyways??  much appreciated ......

I am very intrigued by the htc sensation and I am in need of a new phone (I currently have the blackberry bold 9800 since it first came out).... 

Being that I have at&t, will I still be able to get it despite it going to t-mobile?  I mean isn't At&t buying t-mo anyways??  much appreciated ......

Is anyone here able to make a new topic on nt? Also, how are the Nexus phones as far as bugs? Im thinking about copping the next gen one. I figured since its made by google themselves and their specs it would probably be the most stable.

Is anyone here able to make a new topic on nt? Also, how are the Nexus phones as far as bugs? Im thinking about copping the next gen one. I figured since its made by google themselves and their specs it would probably be the most stable.

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Yea thats what I was thinking about also... But like the Sensation, the G2 and Thunderbolt bootloader was signed and those became rootable...

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Yea thats what I was thinking about also... But like the Sensation, the G2 and Thunderbolt bootloader was signed and those became rootable...

Ok im looing into comning over to T-Mobile for that hTC sensation but i just read you guys saying it wont be a ble to be rooted correct? that means so customizing/unlocking of the phone to do whatever I want?

Ok im looing into comning over to T-Mobile for that hTC sensation but i just read you guys saying it wont be a ble to be rooted correct? that means so customizing/unlocking of the phone to do whatever I want?

I know its cool too watch videos through netflix, but where are you guys where you need to watch it?
Ya'll cant use it on a laptop?

Back
Top Bottom