• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Shoutout to Boost, I believe this is his theme
x2_65f6a4f
laugh.gif
Wrong. Its Aeolus HD bro.
Aeolus HD is Boost's and so is this MIUI theme. 
The boy was right.

Has anybody installed the Sprint GB update? 
When you DL it, does it flash like a regular rom? I tried using RA but the installation aborted.

If i'm running a custom 2.2 rom, will installing the official 2.3 on my phone mess up my rom?

When you DL it, does it flash like a regular rom? I tried using RA but the installation aborted.

If i'm running a custom 2.2 rom, will installing the official 2.3 on my phone mess up my rom?

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Lol......YES, it will.   Just get the Custom 2.3 rom......if its not out, just wait a few days and it will be. (Should already be out)

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Lol......YES, it will.   Just get the Custom 2.3 rom......if its not out, just wait a few days and it will be. (Should already be out)

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

frown.gif
Alchemist IQ wrote:

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

try salvage rom, the low-key rom that is straight AOSP, Zero problems and I'm on a nightly.
i'm on mt4g though.  i don't think we got that dev.  some dude did just come over from evo though.  savage zen or something.

it's weird though because i'm running royal ginger which is supposed to be cm7 but even better.  everyone is saying it's flawless.  i think my phone might be messed up.

yea Salvage rom /=/ is not related to Savaged rom, two different mods.

If think if you phone is acting weird on you, best things to do is to, roll it back to Stock, and update any prl, gps, baseband while you in stock. Then root, load custom rom and enjoy.

Also if your on a EVO 4G Salvage is highly recommend if you like pure AOSP.
What does that even mean? Is there a 100% error free rom, as in 4g, hdmi, 2nd camera, all still work? I know last time I checked they all had some sort of issue.

I want to try another rom and see if I can get better speeds on my wifi router. It sucks. I get like 2kbps then it just stops working for some reason even though I show as still having it running and being connected and I have to stop and recreate it/

Are you seriously asking me this? If I'm recommended something its good.
AOSP stands Android open source project

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

frown.gif
Alchemist IQ wrote:

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

try salvage rom, the low-key rom that is straight AOSP, Zero problems and I'm on a nightly.
i'm on mt4g though.  i don't think we got that dev.  some dude did just come over from evo though.  savage zen or something.

it's weird though because i'm running royal ginger which is supposed to be cm7 but even better.  everyone is saying it's flawless.  i think my phone might be messed up.

yea Salvage rom /=/ is not related to Savaged rom, two different mods.

If think if you phone is acting weird on you, best things to do is to, roll it back to Stock, and update any prl, gps, baseband while you in stock. Then root, load custom rom and enjoy.

Also if your on a EVO 4G Salvage is highly recommend if you like pure AOSP.
What does that even mean? Is there a 100% error free rom, as in 4g, hdmi, 2nd camera, all still work? I know last time I checked they all had some sort of issue.

I want to try another rom and see if I can get better speeds on my wifi router. It sucks. I get like 2kbps then it just stops working for some reason even though I show as still having it running and being connected and I have to stop and recreate it/

Are you seriously asking me this? If I'm recommended something its good.
AOSP stands Android open source project

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Originally Posted by ireminisce

has anyone here rooted a thunderbolt yet? i just purchased tuesday.. looking to do it tomorrow.

My homie just did..

I did.. Running bamf remix.. Looking at virusrom or tesla coil.. It was quite easy.. I used a YouTube vid since I'm on a Mac...
Posted from my iPad.

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Originally Posted by ireminisce

has anyone here rooted a thunderbolt yet? i just purchased tuesday.. looking to do it tomorrow.

My homie just did..

I did.. Running bamf remix.. Looking at virusrom or tesla coil.. It was quite easy.. I used a YouTube vid since I'm on a Mac...
Posted from my iPad.

My boy Al in here gettin amp, lol. Calm down bruh, he`s just a rookie.

I AM THAT DUDE - I can ask you the question, but i cant make you think. Try out ROMs for yourself and decide which one you like...........Everything with ROMs is personal preference and the DEV usually lists what works and what doesnt on each ROM.......If they dont, someone does.

You gotta do your own homework around here.......First post is full of places to start.

My boy Al in here gettin amp, lol. Calm down bruh, he`s just a rookie.

I AM THAT DUDE - I can ask you the question, but i cant make you think. Try out ROMs for yourself and decide which one you like...........Everything with ROMs is personal preference and the DEV usually lists what works and what doesnt on each ROM.......If they dont, someone does.

You gotta do your own homework around here.......First post is full of places to start.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Just curious...

How often do you Android users update your phones? Esp since it seems there's a new one every month, regardless of the provider. It would seem that the one you brought in May, will be outdated by the end of the damn summer
laugh.gif

I'm pretty much set on the Inspire, but a couple of you have stated that I should wait. I really like the phone, though...
ohwell.gif
Just don't wanna get the feeling that I'm gonna upgrade 3-4 months from now.
When buying an Android device you really only need to check for like 2 things. How up to date it is in terms of hardware (Processing Power, Screen Res, Build Quality, etc.) and whether or not it has an unlocked bootloader. 
If it has an unlocked bootloader then you can root it and get the newest version of Android OS from devs on sites like XDA, even long after the manufacturer has stopped supporting it (Most of the time you can get the newest update before it's officially put out for your phone). Hell, I still have a MyTouch 3G on Android 2.3.4 (the most current version available on any phone, and few phones even officially have it.) 

The Inspire isn't the most up to date phone in terms of hardware, but the build quality is superb, the screen is alright, it has an always safe 1 GHz processor, 8 MP Camera, and most importantly it has an unlocked bootloader.

That means that developers can port the newest version of Sense OS (HTC's theme of Android OS) and the newest actual version of Android on to your phone. And you will be able to for a while until the actual hardware of your phone prevents you from getting anything newer. And by the time that happens, you'll most likely be eligible for an upgrade anyway, and if not, you'd still be able to flip it for enough money to buy the new device you want without adding too much extra cash.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Just curious...

How often do you Android users update your phones? Esp since it seems there's a new one every month, regardless of the provider. It would seem that the one you brought in May, will be outdated by the end of the damn summer
laugh.gif

I'm pretty much set on the Inspire, but a couple of you have stated that I should wait. I really like the phone, though...
ohwell.gif
Just don't wanna get the feeling that I'm gonna upgrade 3-4 months from now.
When buying an Android device you really only need to check for like 2 things. How up to date it is in terms of hardware (Processing Power, Screen Res, Build Quality, etc.) and whether or not it has an unlocked bootloader. 
If it has an unlocked bootloader then you can root it and get the newest version of Android OS from devs on sites like XDA, even long after the manufacturer has stopped supporting it (Most of the time you can get the newest update before it's officially put out for your phone). Hell, I still have a MyTouch 3G on Android 2.3.4 (the most current version available on any phone, and few phones even officially have it.) 

The Inspire isn't the most up to date phone in terms of hardware, but the build quality is superb, the screen is alright, it has an always safe 1 GHz processor, 8 MP Camera, and most importantly it has an unlocked bootloader.

That means that developers can port the newest version of Sense OS (HTC's theme of Android OS) and the newest actual version of Android on to your phone. And you will be able to for a while until the actual hardware of your phone prevents you from getting anything newer. And by the time that happens, you'll most likely be eligible for an upgrade anyway, and if not, you'd still be able to flip it for enough money to buy the new device you want without adding too much extra cash.

Would it be bad if I bought a single core phone since all the upcoming Android phones are dual core? I'm afraid that if I bought a single core phone it's going to become obsolete within the next year. If I'm gonna buy a phone on a 2 year contract I wanna be sure I'm making the right choice. Should I be concerned or am I making a big deal about nothing.

Would it be bad if I bought a single core phone since all the upcoming Android phones are dual core? I'm afraid that if I bought a single core phone it's going to become obsolete within the next year. If I'm gonna buy a phone on a 2 year contract I wanna be sure I'm making the right choice. Should I be concerned or am I making a big deal about nothing.

I need some help....

So I have the MyTouch 3G. I installed an update for Google Maps and my phone started flipping out. Every time I would open up a program a "force close" screen would pop up so I could basically do nothing with the phone. I powered it off (didn't know about the factory reset at the time) and when I tried to turn it back on my phone wouldn't go back to normal. It would just keep cycling through the restart process.

Is there a way to fix it or should I just take it into the T-Mobile store?

I need some help....

So I have the MyTouch 3G. I installed an update for Google Maps and my phone started flipping out. Every time I would open up a program a "force close" screen would pop up so I could basically do nothing with the phone. I powered it off (didn't know about the factory reset at the time) and when I tried to turn it back on my phone wouldn't go back to normal. It would just keep cycling through the restart process.

Is there a way to fix it or should I just take it into the T-Mobile store?

Originally Posted by illmatic34

What company are you with?

Originally Posted by Gordonson

AT&T...

Originally Posted by Gordonson

AT&T...

Not much in the way of dual cores except for the Atrix (which I'll be copping next week) and maybe one or two phones that release later this year.

Do you feel like you'd be heavy into rooting and using custom Roms and stuff like that?

Not much in the way of dual cores except for the Atrix (which I'll be copping next week) and maybe one or two phones that release later this year.

Do you feel like you'd be heavy into rooting and using custom Roms and stuff like that?

Back
Top Bottom