• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just got a G2 and I'm new to the smartphone market/android. Since I'm new I don't really know where to start, looks like there are so many things to do on it, but I don't know a starting point. What is the benefit of adding my gmail, etc. What is rooting (is it like unlocking). How do I fully take advantage of this phone. Any links etc would fully be welcomed.

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

I just got a G2 and I'm new to the smartphone market/android. Since I'm new I don't really know where to start, looks like there are so many things to do on it, but I don't know a starting point. What is the benefit of adding my gmail, etc. What is rooting (is it like unlocking). How do I fully take advantage of this phone. Any links etc would fully be welcomed.
Google the XDA forums.

Rooting is like having Administrator rights to a PC, lets you change every aspect that the manufacturer locks down.

Google the XDA forums.

Rooting is like having Administrator rights to a PC, lets you change every aspect that the manufacturer locks down.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

target has evo 3d for 50$ with trade in of evo 4g.
This is only with a new contract right?

Why do phone companies continue to push 2-year contracts these days?
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Google the XDA forums.

Thanks, I'll look at the xda forums 

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Google the XDA forums.

Thanks, I'll look at the xda forums 

How does this even make sense? Are they letting people upgrade without being 2 years into the contract? Because that phone JUST came out last year...............

How does this even make sense? Are they letting people upgrade without being 2 years into the contract? Because that phone JUST came out last year...............

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

30t6p3b.gif
Americans are too cheap. No one would really spend over 200 bucks for a phone in america TBH. No matter the price of service people want a phone that is either free or sub 100.

30t6p3b.gif
Americans are too cheap. No one would really spend over 200 bucks for a phone in america TBH. No matter the price of service people want a phone that is either free or sub 100.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

30t6p3b.gif

Exactly, you got companies like T-Mobile that actually offer No Contract plans which are cheaper and all of their phones retail under 499 (Sensation is 549 though) but people are too dumb to equate the value or T-Mobile just doesnt get service in their area.

If you drop 5-600 bucks one time, you can make AT LEAST 200 bucks if you sold the same phone after a year, and only pay the diff of the phone cost every time you wanted a new one (About 200-300 bucks which is the cost of your avg High End Smartphone today)

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

30t6p3b.gif

Exactly, you got companies like T-Mobile that actually offer No Contract plans which are cheaper and all of their phones retail under 499 (Sensation is 549 though) but people are too dumb to equate the value or T-Mobile just doesnt get service in their area.

If you drop 5-600 bucks one time, you can make AT LEAST 200 bucks if you sold the same phone after a year, and only pay the diff of the phone cost every time you wanted a new one (About 200-300 bucks which is the cost of your avg High End Smartphone today)

Do you guys use cases to protect your phone. I want to especially since we tend to drop our phones easily, but it makes the phone look so ugly haha. I always thought cases ruined the nice looks of a phone. Any cheap places where I can get nice cases?

Do you guys use cases to protect your phone. I want to especially since we tend to drop our phones easily, but it makes the phone look so ugly haha. I always thought cases ruined the nice looks of a phone. Any cheap places where I can get nice cases?

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I will be switching from my Blackberry to the HTC Sensation once it comes out. But I'm a little concerned with my work e-mails on Microsoft Outlook. On the Blackberry, I received my work e-mails the same time as I did on my work computer. How is the e-mail sync and response time on Android?

Im actually not too sure........I dont think the email sync will send them as soon as they are received by the server, but i would say it could be a 2-5 minute delay unless there are settings that makes it come faster or sync within a certain amount of time.
Thanks for the info. Well if its only a 2-5min delay, thats cool with me. As long as its not like a 45min-1hour wait until it syncs. I guess goodbye Blackberry, Hello HTC!

the least amount of time between syncs is 5 minutes but you can set it for longer

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I will be switching from my Blackberry to the HTC Sensation once it comes out. But I'm a little concerned with my work e-mails on Microsoft Outlook. On the Blackberry, I received my work e-mails the same time as I did on my work computer. How is the e-mail sync and response time on Android?

Im actually not too sure........I dont think the email sync will send them as soon as they are received by the server, but i would say it could be a 2-5 minute delay unless there are settings that makes it come faster or sync within a certain amount of time.
Thanks for the info. Well if its only a 2-5min delay, thats cool with me. As long as its not like a 45min-1hour wait until it syncs. I guess goodbye Blackberry, Hello HTC!

the least amount of time between syncs is 5 minutes but you can set it for longer

Pump Fake which phone do you have? Check out eBay for like $3 cases

I ordered a couple of HTC EVO 3D cases just incase quantities or selection are weak on release date

laugh.gif
I'm still going to buy HTCs case with the kickstand too

I ordered a couple of HTC EVO 3D cases just incase quantities or selection are weak on release date

laugh.gif

I bought an Ottorbox off of ebay for a little over 50% off the regular price.  Best phone case ive ever had.
I dont know the name of it........But it has the soft rubber part that goes around the phone first with the removable rubber at the bottom for the charger and HDMI and another piece for the headphones.  

There is another piece that the phone with the soft rubber part fits into, its a hard material that holds everything in place.  Makes the phone a bit thicker, but its pretty much a tank. (Or would be if i had a screen protector. 

I bought an Ottorbox off of ebay for a little over 50% off the regular price.  Best phone case ive ever had.
I dont know the name of it........But it has the soft rubber part that goes around the phone first with the removable rubber at the bottom for the charger and HDMI and another piece for the headphones.  

There is another piece that the phone with the soft rubber part fits into, its a hard material that holds everything in place.  Makes the phone a bit thicker, but its pretty much a tank. (Or would be if i had a screen protector. 

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

laugh.gif
Just got a G2. Sigh I guess I'll have to get a case. Way too risky without one, but it just ruins the sleek look of the phone. 

laugh.gif
Just got a G2. Sigh I guess I'll have to get a case. Way too risky without one, but it just ruins the sleek look of the phone. 

laugh.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/OtterBox-Commut...122643?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a0fa55fd3
http://cgi.ebay.com/OtterBox-Commut...122643?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a0fa55fd3Get that one.......Its the same i have, cept for the EVO.

laugh.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/OtterBox-Commut...122643?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a0fa55fd3
http://cgi.ebay.com/OtterBox-Commut...122643?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a0fa55fd3Get that one.......Its the same i have, cept for the EVO.

Back
Top Bottom