• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just ordered the htc sensation from tmobile and should be delivered by 2 to 3 days.. Can't wait! Good riddens, blackberry!!

Just ordered the htc sensation from tmobile and should be delivered by 2 to 3 days.. Can't wait! Good riddens, blackberry!!

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by 45airness

rooted nexus s 
unrooted nexus s

What's the point of having a Nexus if you aren't going to root it. It's sold unlocked only and unlocking the Boot loader and Rooting it has to be one of the easiest things in the world to do on any Android device.

rootings overrated, and the nexus is running vanilla thats what most people root to get 
+ rooting is something you gotta change your rom around every few weeks at least its kind of a hassel to root and the only benefits are full customization and a few apps 

rooted nexus s 
unrooted nexus s

What's the point of having a Nexus if you aren't going to root it. It's sold unlocked only and unlocking the Boot loader and Rooting it has to be one of the easiest things in the world to do on any Android device.

rootings overrated, and the nexus is running vanilla thats what most people root to get 
+ rooting is something you gotta change your rom around every few weeks at least its kind of a hassel to root and the only benefits are full customization and a few apps 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

rooted nexus s 
unrooted nexus s

Blasphemy? I sense betrayal in your tone, have thee frolic the iphone threads?

Rooting is more than just changing roms or using apps that you need root permissions to use.

I've explained this before.
Developers have been able to remove carrier throttles when you connect to the internet, making you have a faster connection to the internet. Stock roms are great but their are restrictions carriers place in these stock roms that make the internet feel real slow.

Right now im on a stock 2.3 sense rom on my replacement EVO and pandora runs really slow. On my other EVO Rooted Evo pandora runs fluidity no skips or breaks with a 2.3 Gingerbread Rom. Both were on 3G and I can tell the 3G was really slow on the sense rom.

How you think t-mobile can get away with throttle feature when you pass your 2GB, its baked into the stock software/firmware.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

rooted nexus s 
unrooted nexus s

Blasphemy? I sense betrayal in your tone, have thee frolic the iphone threads?

Rooting is more than just changing roms or using apps that you need root permissions to use.

I've explained this before.
Developers have been able to remove carrier throttles when you connect to the internet, making you have a faster connection to the internet. Stock roms are great but their are restrictions carriers place in these stock roms that make the internet feel real slow.

Right now im on a stock 2.3 sense rom on my replacement EVO and pandora runs really slow. On my other EVO Rooted Evo pandora runs fluidity no skips or breaks with a 2.3 Gingerbread Rom. Both were on 3G and I can tell the 3G was really slow on the sense rom.

How you think t-mobile can get away with throttle feature when you pass your 2GB, its baked into the stock software/firmware.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Hey...

Anyone with a stock Evo4G...

I noticed on my girl's Evo, hers is still stock, that she had a big update but put it off for another time since she didn't have it hooked up to a charger.

Does anyone know what the update was?

Was it 2.3 or something?

I have my Evo rooted so the only way I'll be able to get OEM updates is it I go back to stock and unroot the phone... correct?
Yes, Android 2.3 was released to all Evo users on the 3rd or 4th

Hey Pac... thanks for the reply, but to the other part of my question... do I have to unroot my phone to get the OEM 2.3 update for my Evo?

I'm currently running CM 7. something so I would have to go back to the stock rom and then unroot the phone?

Or can I just go back to the stock rom while the phone is rooted and then I can get the update over the air?

Hey...

I noticed on my girl's Evo, hers is still stock, that she had a big update but put it off for another time since she didn't have it hooked up to a charger.

Was it 2.3 or something?

I have my Evo rooted so the only way I'll be able to get OEM updates is it I go back to stock and unroot the phone... correct?

Hey Pac... thanks for the reply, but to the other part of my question... do I have to unroot my phone to get the OEM 2.3 update for my Evo?

I'm currently running CM 7. something so I would have to go back to the stock rom and then unroot the phone?

Or can I just go back to the stock rom while the phone is rooted and then I can get the update over the air?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I cant receive pic messages on my incredible anymore!! I get network error or something like that everyvtime! HELP!?
Had the same problem, found out that mobile data must be turned on in order to send or receive picture messages.

GG VZW

Same here, my data was never turned off though.

I really want to grab this Droid 3, I have another year to go though
Yea I checked and its been on....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I cant receive pic messages on my incredible anymore!! I get network error or something like that everyvtime! HELP!?
Had the same problem, found out that mobile data must be turned on in order to send or receive picture messages.

GG VZW

Same here, my data was never turned off though.

I really want to grab this Droid 3, I have another year to go though
Yea I checked and its been on....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Hey...

Was it 2.3 or something?

No, you don't have to. If you have rom manager, go into "Download roms" and scroll down you'll see "Stock EVO deoxed" download the 1st one is should say 2.3 and that right there is all you need. make sure wipe dalvik and data as well back-up your current rom.

Hey...

Was it 2.3 or something?

No, you don't have to. If you have rom manager, go into "Download roms" and scroll down you'll see "Stock EVO deoxed" download the 1st one is should say 2.3 and that right there is all you need. make sure wipe dalvik and data as well back-up your current rom.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

i guess it's a good thing my phones are unbranded

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

i guess it's a good thing my phones are unbranded

Hey...

Was it 2.3 or something?

I mean, if you are using CM7, then you already have 2.3.......Your girls 2.3 will be the version HTC has customized with sense to their liking only and honestly doesnt feel much different than the Froyo update.
I would suggest just keeping CM7, once you go back to sense, you will start wanting CM again
laugh.gif

One of the main reasons i use CM7 is because it has the black list feature that blocks phone numbers from coming through and sends them straight to voicemail. (or even blocks it entirely, im not sure)

Hey...

Was it 2.3 or something?

I mean, if you are using CM7, then you already have 2.3.......Your girls 2.3 will be the version HTC has customized with sense to their liking only and honestly doesnt feel much different than the Froyo update.
I would suggest just keeping CM7, once you go back to sense, you will start wanting CM again
laugh.gif

One of the main reasons i use CM7 is because it has the black list feature that blocks phone numbers from coming through and sends them straight to voicemail. (or even blocks it entirely, im not sure)

With a plan that has unlimited data, if I use the built in tethering/wifi hotspot on the G2 will I get any overages?

Back
Top Bottom