• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by sp1die

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

New Miui came out, so i ditched sense again. Just a couple shots of my current setup, im going to mess with the lockscreen a bit or maybe change it all together to match my light theme going on. New MIUI is
pimp.gif
Which version of MIUI is that please?
MIUI 1.7.22 is the latest

http://miuiandroid.com/roms/miui-development-roms/

Anyone else own the samsung charge?

I bought it a few days ago from best buy and I think I'm going to return it and keep my droid X a little while longer. I love the screen but the don't really like anything else. Phone feels cheaply made and it really doesn't seem faster than my droid x at all. There is also no LED indicator light which really sucks, just seems like a basic phone to me. Guess I'll hold out for the bionic a little while longer

I bought it a few days ago from best buy and I think I'm going to return it and keep my droid X a little while longer. I love the screen but the don't really like anything else. Phone feels cheaply made and it really doesn't seem faster than my droid x at all. There is also no LED indicator light which really sucks, just seems like a basic phone to me. Guess I'll hold out for the bionic a little while longer

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

i just switched to samsung charge and i %#@*%%@ love this phone.. after root its so fast... and the battery life is great too i get about 25+ hours on medium usuage

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

i just switched to samsung charge and i %#@*%%@ love this phone.. after root its so fast... and the battery life is great too i get about 25+ hours on medium usuage

Its Been awhile since i updated the "Must have App List" but here it is. If you any apps you like to shown on the list, just let me know and it will be added.

****PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME******

PACMAGIC----You know what to do
glasses.gif

Productivity Apps
• Dropbox
• CHROME TO PHONE
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE
• SPRING PAD
• GOOGE VOICE
• GOOGLE BOOKS
• Google Goggles
XDA-DEVLOPERS
Catch Notes(By far the best note taking app in the market)
Google Shopper
Dolphin Browser(Just as Good, as Android Stock Browser)
Google Docs
Keyboard from Android 2.3(Gingerbread Keyboard)

Social Networking Apps (Besides FB and Twitter)
• Google Chat
• Foursquare
• Tango (Video chat)
• QIK (Higher quality video chat imo)
Layar
Google+ App(If You need a invite PM me)
Goggle+ Huddle

Clock Widgets
• SiMi Clock Widgets
• One More Clock

Music Apps
• Slacker Radio
• Pandora Rdio
• Music Mod(Really good UI compare to stock Android music UI)
• Vevo
• SoundHound
• Play by Aol music
Music mspot, Inc (Cloud storage music)
Google Music Beta(Invite needed for cloud storage)
UberMusic(Make your phone into win7 mobile zune like UI, also DL Zune ubermusic skin
Spotify (Only useful if you have invite and pay the premium price)

Games Apps
• Angry Birds
• Crazy Snowboard
• Paper Toss (Really good game and less frustrating than Angry Birds)
• Restaurant Story
• Kongregate Arcade(Really Good way to play Optimized FLASH games on Android, games are good too)
• Unblock Me Free(for the puzzle nerds)
• Cordy
• Hextacy Lite
• Glow Hockey 2(Great on tablets, Still good for phones)
Virtual Horse Racing
Best Buy Gaming
Domino Rub lite
Drag Racing
Evac lite
Fruit Ninja Free
Pinball Deluxe
Shaky Tower
Speedx 3D
Stair Dismount

Entertainment Apps
• Youtube Remote(Control you desktop browser with you android Device Youtube.com/leanback)
• Team coco (Conan O’Brien fans)
Jet VD-LITE(lets you download YOUTUBE VIDEOS UP TO 720P, *To do so you’ll also need to go to jet vd website on your phone to get the full free version)
Fandango Moives
HBO GO(Must be subscribe to HBO on you tv bill)
DIRECTV (Use the DVR feature to record shows from your phone)
NETFLIX(Limited to certain hi-end Android phones)
Hulu Plus(Limited to certain hi-end Android phones)
TNT
TBS
Google Videos (Rent Movies from Google)
Gmote(control you macbook or PC from your phone)

APPS THAT MAKE YOU ANDROID BETTER THAN AN IPHONE
• FLASH PLAYER 10.1
• ADOBE AIR
• GOOGLE MAPS(3D SCALE AND FREE Turn-by Turn NAVIGATION)

FOR MY "ROOTED" USERS(apps that only work on rooted phones)
• ROOT CHECKER (Check if you completed Root Successfully)
• ROM MANAGER(An easy way to flash Roms)
• SDrescan
• ShootMe(Takes Screenshots of Home screens)
• AdFree(Takes Away Annoying Ads From Apps that run them like pandora and popular websites)

Technology News and others
• Engadget
• Genius (Boy Genius Report)
• Pulse(The Closet thing you'll get to a NT app)
• Motor Trend
• GTPLANET (For You GT5 car heads)

Launcher Apps(Customize Your Phone)
• ADW
• Launcher Pro

***NOT FREE, SUPPORT YOUR NT'ER "IHeartBoost"****
Aeolus HD ADW Theme $1.49
Aeolus HD Launcher Pro Theme $.99 Cents

Its Been awhile since i updated the "Must have App List" but here it is. If you any apps you like to shown on the list, just let me know and it will be added.

****PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME******

PACMAGIC----You know what to do
glasses.gif

Productivity Apps
• Dropbox
• CHROME TO PHONE
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE
• SPRING PAD
• GOOGE VOICE
• GOOGLE BOOKS
• Google Goggles
XDA-DEVLOPERS
Catch Notes(By far the best note taking app in the market)
Google Shopper
Dolphin Browser(Just as Good, as Android Stock Browser)
Google Docs
Keyboard from Android 2.3(Gingerbread Keyboard)

Social Networking Apps (Besides FB and Twitter)
• Google Chat
• Foursquare
• Tango (Video chat)
• QIK (Higher quality video chat imo)
Layar
Google+ App(If You need a invite PM me)
Goggle+ Huddle

Clock Widgets
• SiMi Clock Widgets
• One More Clock

Music Apps
• Slacker Radio
• Pandora Rdio
• Music Mod(Really good UI compare to stock Android music UI)
• Vevo
• SoundHound
• Play by Aol music
Music mspot, Inc (Cloud storage music)
Google Music Beta(Invite needed for cloud storage)
UberMusic(Make your phone into win7 mobile zune like UI, also DL Zune ubermusic skin
Spotify (Only useful if you have invite and pay the premium price)

Games Apps
• Angry Birds
• Crazy Snowboard
• Paper Toss (Really good game and less frustrating than Angry Birds)
• Restaurant Story
• Kongregate Arcade(Really Good way to play Optimized FLASH games on Android, games are good too)
• Unblock Me Free(for the puzzle nerds)
• Cordy
• Hextacy Lite
• Glow Hockey 2(Great on tablets, Still good for phones)
Virtual Horse Racing
Best Buy Gaming
Domino Rub lite
Drag Racing
Evac lite
Fruit Ninja Free
Pinball Deluxe
Shaky Tower
Speedx 3D
Stair Dismount

Entertainment Apps
• Youtube Remote(Control you desktop browser with you android Device Youtube.com/leanback)
• Team coco (Conan O’Brien fans)
Jet VD-LITE(lets you download YOUTUBE VIDEOS UP TO 720P, *To do so you’ll also need to go to jet vd website on your phone to get the full free version)
Fandango Moives
HBO GO(Must be subscribe to HBO on you tv bill)
DIRECTV (Use the DVR feature to record shows from your phone)
NETFLIX(Limited to certain hi-end Android phones)
Hulu Plus(Limited to certain hi-end Android phones)
TNT
TBS
Google Videos (Rent Movies from Google)
Gmote(control you macbook or PC from your phone)

APPS THAT MAKE YOU ANDROID BETTER THAN AN IPHONE
• FLASH PLAYER 10.1
• ADOBE AIR
• GOOGLE MAPS(3D SCALE AND FREE Turn-by Turn NAVIGATION)

FOR MY "ROOTED" USERS(apps that only work on rooted phones)
• ROOT CHECKER (Check if you completed Root Successfully)
• ROM MANAGER(An easy way to flash Roms)
• SDrescan
• ShootMe(Takes Screenshots of Home screens)
• AdFree(Takes Away Annoying Ads From Apps that run them like pandora and popular websites)

Technology News and others
• Engadget
• Genius (Boy Genius Report)
• Pulse(The Closet thing you'll get to a NT app)
• Motor Trend
• GTPLANET (For You GT5 car heads)

Launcher Apps(Customize Your Phone)
• ADW
• Launcher Pro

***NOT FREE, SUPPORT YOUR NT'ER "IHeartBoost"****
Aeolus HD ADW Theme $1.49
Aeolus HD Launcher Pro Theme $.99 Cents

Just got my first phone that runs Android. I want to root it but I'm not too sure how to do it correctly and is it worth it? How much better will my phone become if I do?

Just got my first phone that runs Android. I want to root it but I'm not too sure how to do it correctly and is it worth it? How much better will my phone become if I do?

is the Charge worth getting? im on VZW and my screen cracked putting my phone out of warranty so they wont gimme an X2 or Charge like theyve been doin with some ppls fascinates... i have an upgrade and another comin the end of next month tho. Im thinkin about havin Best buy match amazons 189.99 price and using my 100 credit and get it for 90.

thing issss... i keep hearing aug. 4 or aug. 11 the bionic is allegedly droppin... i dont really want it but id like to have the option to get if it is sick. notta huge fan of the moto interface tho and dudal core to me jus means %%+**# battery life.

If the Charge had more RAM itd be a no brainer. and it seems as if the Galaxy S 2 wont be comin out to q1 next year on Big Red
30t6p3b.gif

Experiences?

is the Charge worth getting? im on VZW and my screen cracked putting my phone out of warranty so they wont gimme an X2 or Charge like theyve been doin with some ppls fascinates... i have an upgrade and another comin the end of next month tho. Im thinkin about havin Best buy match amazons 189.99 price and using my 100 credit and get it for 90.

thing issss... i keep hearing aug. 4 or aug. 11 the bionic is allegedly droppin... i dont really want it but id like to have the option to get if it is sick. notta huge fan of the moto interface tho and dudal core to me jus means %%+**# battery life.

If the Charge had more RAM itd be a no brainer. and it seems as if the Galaxy S 2 wont be comin out to q1 next year on Big Red
30t6p3b.gif

Experiences?

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

30t6p3b.gif

Experiences?
Best buy won't price match an online store, I was planning on doing the same thing as well.
Freshkrn- what did you use for the root?  I was reading that there was only one yet and you had to type in commands to do it?
nerd.gif
  Maybe that will get me to keep this phone, I have about 10 days left to decide

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

30t6p3b.gif

Experiences?
Best buy won't price match an online store, I was planning on doing the same thing as well.
Freshkrn- what did you use for the root?  I was reading that there was only one yet and you had to type in commands to do it?
nerd.gif
  Maybe that will get me to keep this phone, I have about 10 days left to decide

bought an epic from an NT`er here in stl and took a look at his Evo 3D.............Its exactly like the sensation and inspire 4g on tmobile and at&t really.

Now......I think im gonna upgrade to the evo 3D, then, if the samsung galaxy s 2 comes out within the next 30 days, ill just trade it for that.........if not, the 3D looks like a nice upgrade over the evo 4G to me.

the GS2 if pretty much my goal

bought an epic from an NT`er here in stl and took a look at his Evo 3D.............Its exactly like the sensation and inspire 4g on tmobile and at&t really.

Now......I think im gonna upgrade to the evo 3D, then, if the samsung galaxy s 2 comes out within the next 30 days, ill just trade it for that.........if not, the 3D looks like a nice upgrade over the evo 4G to me.

the GS2 if pretty much my goal

Anyone heard of some promotion that Sprint is running that you trade in your old Evo4G and you only have to pay $100 and you get the Evo3D, but you have to re-up to a new two year contract?

I'm out here in Cali for a couple of days and these dudes that are friends with my homie that I'm visiting out here were telling me and all 6 of them did it.

Two other's said they tried to go into the Sprint store and said that they don't do that though.

One of the guys is a jeweler I think and knows a girl at Sprint so maybe that's how they got put on.

Got to play with the 3D... the 3D is something I don't care for, but it's pretty cool but they said the battery last them all day now.

The GSII is EVERYBODY'S goal
laugh.gif

I might just have to hope that when it finally releases on AT&T, I can still get at least $200 for my Captivate and just pay the difference.

Back
Top Bottom