Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h4]Motorola Droid X getting Android 2.2 update starting tomorrow [/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Sep 21st 2010 at 2:50PM

post_icon_pdf.gif

Motorola's teasing that it's "still on track for a summer launch of Android 2.2 for Droid X," and considering that tomorrow is the last day of summer (sadly), that lines up nicely with new information on Droid Lifetoday that Moto's beast for Verizon will get blessed with the updatestarting tomorrow at noon Eastern Time. Verizon's actually alreadyposted the update document, and it's a doozy: besides 2.2, you getimproves visual voicemail with Bluetooth support, a refreshed mobilehotspot app, and a fix to prevent data connections from dropping as youmove between WiFi and 3G coverage. Looks like you'll be able to grabthis of your own accord rather than having to wait for Verizon to blessyou with the OTA, so gear up and enjoy one last evening with yourEclair-based Droid X. Go ahead, take it out somewhere nice, it'streated you well.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Update: Verizon has independently confirmed that the update is indeed available tomorrow. Good way to start your Wednesday, we'd say.

[h4]Motorola Droid X getting Android 2.2 update starting tomorrow [/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Sep 21st 2010 at 2:50PM

post_icon_pdf.gif

Motorola's teasing that it's "still on track for a summer launch of Android 2.2 for Droid X," and considering that tomorrow is the last day of summer (sadly), that lines up nicely with new information on Droid Lifetoday that Moto's beast for Verizon will get blessed with the updatestarting tomorrow at noon Eastern Time. Verizon's actually alreadyposted the update document, and it's a doozy: besides 2.2, you getimproves visual voicemail with Bluetooth support, a refreshed mobilehotspot app, and a fix to prevent data connections from dropping as youmove between WiFi and 3G coverage. Looks like you'll be able to grabthis of your own accord rather than having to wait for Verizon to blessyou with the OTA, so gear up and enjoy one last evening with yourEclair-based Droid X. Go ahead, take it out somewhere nice, it'streated you well.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Update: Verizon has independently confirmed that the update is indeed available tomorrow. Good way to start your Wednesday, we'd say.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Another thing, how are you guys getting some of these themes?
I have LauncherPro but it looks dull

Just gotta find or make docks and icons. Then just set them. For docks there are a ton over on the launcherpro forums just google it and it should take you there. As for icons it depends what you like. It seems like Android ppl are into the text icons because it is completely opposite of the iphone (I could care less I like the clean look of it to be honest). But if ur into the phone looking icons you could easily just dl an ipod/iphone theme from macforums or somewhere and just resize the icons to 72x72.

Thanks man I didn't even think about looking on the forum. I can tell I will be spending a lot of time changing it up

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Another thing, how are you guys getting some of these themes?
I have LauncherPro but it looks dull

Just gotta find or make docks and icons. Then just set them. For docks there are a ton over on the launcherpro forums just google it and it should take you there. As for icons it depends what you like. It seems like Android ppl are into the text icons because it is completely opposite of the iphone (I could care less I like the clean look of it to be honest). But if ur into the phone looking icons you could easily just dl an ipod/iphone theme from macforums or somewhere and just resize the icons to 72x72.

Thanks man I didn't even think about looking on the forum. I can tell I will be spending a lot of time changing it up

Originally Posted by dugtrio

sooooo, it's getting close to the g2 release date.  who's copping the g2 or are ya'll waiting for the mytouch hd?

i think i'm still going with the g2, dual core just seems od plus will kill battery life.  i'd rather see what the scorpions all about.  plus the g2 looks better to me.
Any word from radio shack ????
nerd.gif

sooooo, it's getting close to the g2 release date.  who's copping the g2 or are ya'll waiting for the mytouch hd?

i think i'm still going with the g2, dual core just seems od plus will kill battery life.  i'd rather see what the scorpions all about.  plus the g2 looks better to me.
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Couple Screens for my new set up. IDK if its true or not but it does seem like my battery gets a little boost with the lighter colored BG rather than having the darker reds and blacks that I had before. Its not huge but I prolly get an extra hour or 2 now. I thought it was @++%#$$% too before I did it but it is what it is.

screenshot1gz.png

screenshot2sg.png

screenshot5b.png

screenshot3ol.png

screenshot4v.png

Couple Screens for my new set up. IDK if its true or not but it does seem like my battery gets a little boost with the lighter colored BG rather than having the darker reds and blacks that I had before. Its not huge but I prolly get an extra hour or 2 now. I thought it was @++%#$$% too before I did it but it is what it is.

screenshot1gz.png

screenshot2sg.png

screenshot5b.png

screenshot3ol.png

screenshot4v.png

Back
Top Bottom