• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
picked up the GS2 for me and the wifey ( im really tired of playing the phone waiting game )... $200 at bestbuy online order only... then i get a email saying that its on back order
30t6p3b.gif
.... gotta wait til the 24th - 27th....

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Asus Shows Off Quad Core-powered Eee Pad Transformer[/h1]
8:00 PM - October 20, 2011 - By Jane McEntegart -
Source : PCWorld

http://3

Feast your eyes on Asus' new EeePad Transformer.

loupe.gif
(Credit: Asa Mathat/AllThingsD.com)

Google and Samsung used the AsiaD: All Things Digital conference to launch the Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich. As a result, there's been an awful lot of Android talk, along with plenty of discussions on the smartphone market and the tablet industry. Keeping things on track, Asus boss Jonney Shih did some Android talk of his own, unveiling the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, a next generation model of the company's Eee Pad Transformer running Google's Android OS.

Set to launch next month, the Eee Pad Transformer Prime will pack a quad-core Nvidia Kal-El processor, as well as a 10-inch display and support for mini HDMI and USB. Of course, just like its older brother, the original Transformer, the Transformer Prime will have an optional keyboard dock that will turn this tablet into a full notebook. Asus claims that when docked, this baby will have an incredibly 16.5-hour battery life.

It's not yet clear if the tablet will ship with Ice Cream Sandwich or Honeycomb when it launches on November 9. Either way, we imagine the Transformer Prime and ICS would be a killer combination. Check out the teaser video Asus recently shared via Facebook:

Link

eek.gif
quads eh

[h1][/h1]

loupe.gif

Google and Samsung used the AsiaD: All Things Digital conference to launch the Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich. As a result, there's been an awful lot of Android talk, along with plenty of discussions on the smartphone market and the tablet industry. Keeping things on track, Asus boss Jonney Shih did some Android talk of his own, unveiling the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, a next generation model of the company's Eee Pad Transformer running Google's Android OS.

Set to launch next month, the Eee Pad Transformer Prime will pack a quad-core Nvidia Kal-El processor, as well as a 10-inch display and support for mini HDMI and USB. Of course, just like its older brother, the original Transformer, the Transformer Prime will have an optional keyboard dock that will turn this tablet into a full notebook. Asus claims that when docked, this baby will have an incredibly 16.5-hour battery life.

It's not yet clear if the tablet will ship with Ice Cream Sandwich or Honeycomb when it launches on November 9. Either way, we imagine the Transformer Prime and ICS would be a killer combination. Check out the teaser video Asus recently shared via Facebook:

Link

eek.gif
quads eh

Can anyone help me? Not sure if posted in here but I have a Samsung Vibrant from Tmobile and I'm having trouble updating it to the 2.3 version. If anyone has done this, can you please send me a PM giving me instructions on how to do so. I've been having driver issues with the samsung kies program. I want to upgrade it and not ruin my phone. Thanks!

P.S. I looked around and I'm thinking about rooting my phone. I'm a newb at it and I was wondering, should I do it? Is it worth it for me? I wouldn't mind the customizations, but I need some guidance. I just don't want to ruin my phone trying it.

Can anyone help me? Not sure if posted in here but I have a Samsung Vibrant from Tmobile and I'm having trouble updating it to the 2.3 version. If anyone has done this, can you please send me a PM giving me instructions on how to do so. I've been having driver issues with the samsung kies program. I want to upgrade it and not ruin my phone. Thanks!

P.S. I looked around and I'm thinking about rooting my phone. I'm a newb at it and I was wondering, should I do it? Is it worth it for me? I wouldn't mind the customizations, but I need some guidance. I just don't want to ruin my phone trying it.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h1][/h1]

loupe.gif

Link

eek.gif
quads eh

I was thinking about getting the original transformer since prices have dropped a little but now I might have to wait.

Also I wasn't really a fan of the copper color on the transformer and this one looks even thinner with a black chrome type color.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h1][/h1]

loupe.gif

Link

eek.gif
quads eh

I was thinking about getting the original transformer since prices have dropped a little but now I might have to wait.

Also I wasn't really a fan of the copper color on the transformer and this one looks even thinner with a black chrome type color.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

picked up the GS2 for me and the wifey ( im really tired of playing the phone waiting game )... $200 at bestbuy online order only... then i get a email saying that its on back order
30t6p3b.gif

Its worth the wait... Me and you were on the same boat with the mt3g, I remember you even telling me to wait it for something better came along and I did... The phone is really fast, not as big as I thought it was going to be... Plus, root just came out for it so that makes everything even better... Get rid of all the *%!% tmobile puts on there...

30t6p3b.gif

Its worth the wait... Me and you were on the same boat with the mt3g, I remember you even telling me to wait it for something better came along and I did... The phone is really fast, not as big as I thought it was going to be... Plus, root just came out for it so that makes everything even better... Get rid of all the *%!% tmobile puts on there...

30t6p3b.gif

why not wirefly?  its $150 on there.

30t6p3b.gif

why not wirefly?  its $150 on there.

Anyone rocking with adfree? I just downloaded it, is it worth it? Do I have to tweak it in order for it to work at its best?

Anyone rocking with adfree? I just downloaded it, is it worth it? Do I have to tweak it in order for it to work at its best?

what are the best free music player apps on the Andriod Market?? looking to get the Droid Incredible 2 soon but I heard the stock music player is kinda weak

what are the best free music player apps on the Andriod Market?? looking to get the Droid Incredible 2 soon but I heard the stock music player is kinda weak

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

I use UberMusic because it's just too damn SEXY.

But for free, before I paid for UM, I used between PowerAMP & 3.

Peace

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

I use UberMusic because it's just too damn SEXY.

But for free, before I paid for UM, I used between PowerAMP & 3.

Peace

Hi, I recently jumped ship from the iPhone 4 to the galaxy S2 and so far I am liking it. I really do not know what or how to do a root but I would want to to get the full potential out of my phone (esp if it is as easy as jailbreaking was). I also was wondering where I can find different ROM's (from what I understand those are the interfaces) and which is best for speed, battery life, etc.

As of now, i haven't done any mods to the phone except for apps through the marketplace. Any suggestions (I cannot do a root as of now because I have a mac and do not have access to a PC at the moment)? How easy is the root for a beginner?

Also, the one thing I miss from the iPhone and frankly any other phone (BB, etc.) is the threading on my call logs (same number, multiple calls, show up once and you press it to show all the times of calls) and how when I push phone on the other phones it would show up in Call Log and not in the actual numbers tab because, frankly many people do not use that as much anymore.

Is there a work around that for those two concerns at the moment if I do not root? If not, is there a work around if I do root?

Thanks for helping a newbie out.

Hi, I recently jumped ship from the iPhone 4 to the galaxy S2 and so far I am liking it. I really do not know what or how to do a root but I would want to to get the full potential out of my phone (esp if it is as easy as jailbreaking was). I also was wondering where I can find different ROM's (from what I understand those are the interfaces) and which is best for speed, battery life, etc.

As of now, i haven't done any mods to the phone except for apps through the marketplace. Any suggestions (I cannot do a root as of now because I have a mac and do not have access to a PC at the moment)? How easy is the root for a beginner?

Also, the one thing I miss from the iPhone and frankly any other phone (BB, etc.) is the threading on my call logs (same number, multiple calls, show up once and you press it to show all the times of calls) and how when I push phone on the other phones it would show up in Call Log and not in the actual numbers tab because, frankly many people do not use that as much anymore.

Is there a work around that for those two concerns at the moment if I do not root? If not, is there a work around if I do root?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1301

Assuming you had the iphone 4 and you still have att, this is all you need right here... You go to android development and they have a sticky to root and then multiple threads on roms... Rooting can be a little confusing at first, but once you root flashing roms is real easy...

Grouped call on your log is something I havent seen... I tried looking myself but couldnt come across anything

Originally Posted by sole searchin

http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1301

Assuming you had the iphone 4 and you still have att, this is all you need right here... You go to android development and they have a sticky to root and then multiple threads on roms... Rooting can be a little confusing at first, but once you root flashing roms is real easy...

Grouped call on your log is something I havent seen... I tried looking myself but couldnt come across anything

Back
Top Bottom