• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

picked up the GS2 for me and the wifey ( im really tired of playing the phone waiting game )... $200 at bestbuy online order only... then i get a email saying that its on back order
30t6p3b.gif
.... gotta wait til the 24th - 27th....

why not wirefly?  its $150 on there.
its says $179 im renewing my contract unless im missing something.. plus its on my BB card anyways
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

picked up the GS2 for me and the wifey ( im really tired of playing the phone waiting game )... $200 at bestbuy online order only... then i get a email saying that its on back order
30t6p3b.gif
.... gotta wait til the 24th - 27th....

why not wirefly?  its $150 on there.
its says $179 im renewing my contract unless im missing something.. plus its on my BB card anyways
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Hi, I recently jumped ship from the iPhone 4 to the galaxy S2 and so far I am liking it. I really do not know what or how to do a root but I would want to to get the full potential out of my phone (esp if it is as easy as jailbreaking was). I also was wondering where I can find different ROM's (from what I understand those are the interfaces) and which is best for speed, battery life, etc.

As of now, i haven't done any mods to the phone except for apps through the marketplace. Any suggestions (I cannot do a root as of now because I have a mac and do not have access to a PC at the moment)? How easy is the root for a beginner?

Also, the one thing I miss from the iPhone and frankly any other phone (BB, etc.) is the threading on my call logs (same number, multiple calls, show up once and you press it to show all the times of calls) and how when I push phone on the other phones it would show up in Call Log and not in the actual numbers tab because, frankly many people do not use that as much anymore.

Is there a work around that for those two concerns at the moment if I do not root? If not, is there a work around if I do root?

Thanks for helping a newbie out.
http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1301

Assuming you had the iphone 4 and you still have att, this is all you need right here... You go to android development and they have a sticky to root and then multiple threads on roms... Rooting can be a little confusing at first, but once you root flashing roms is real easy...

Grouped call on your log is something I havent seen... I tried looking myself but couldnt come across anything
Yeah, group call for the logs is desperately needed since everything is so cluttered. 
I am on Tmobile so the roots and roms have just started coming in but as of now, I can't do any since I have a mac.

Also, any tips on performance, battery life, or suggested Apps?

Downloaded tapatalk and searched Niketalk but nothing came up.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Hi, I recently jumped ship from the iPhone 4 to the galaxy S2 and so far I am liking it. I really do not know what or how to do a root but I would want to to get the full potential out of my phone (esp if it is as easy as jailbreaking was). I also was wondering where I can find different ROM's (from what I understand those are the interfaces) and which is best for speed, battery life, etc.

As of now, i haven't done any mods to the phone except for apps through the marketplace. Any suggestions (I cannot do a root as of now because I have a mac and do not have access to a PC at the moment)? How easy is the root for a beginner?

Also, the one thing I miss from the iPhone and frankly any other phone (BB, etc.) is the threading on my call logs (same number, multiple calls, show up once and you press it to show all the times of calls) and how when I push phone on the other phones it would show up in Call Log and not in the actual numbers tab because, frankly many people do not use that as much anymore.

Is there a work around that for those two concerns at the moment if I do not root? If not, is there a work around if I do root?

Thanks for helping a newbie out.
http://forum.xda-develope.../forumdisplay.php?f=1301

Assuming you had the iphone 4 and you still have att, this is all you need right here... You go to android development and they have a sticky to root and then multiple threads on roms... Rooting can be a little confusing at first, but once you root flashing roms is real easy...

Grouped call on your log is something I havent seen... I tried looking myself but couldnt come across anything
Yeah, group call for the logs is desperately needed since everything is so cluttered. 
I am on Tmobile so the roots and roms have just started coming in but as of now, I can't do any since I have a mac.

Since you just got it, there's just SO MUCH you could do and possibly change that it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what you're looking to do. As for "apps" to customize the LOOK of your phone, that link to the XDA forums is your one place to go.

This site, mycolorscreen, is mostly full of Android owners that share how they've customized theirs. Most are apps, icons, etc. that you don't need ROOTING.

Just examples of what they've done.

For those of us that have Android and LOVE to use it to it's full customization potential, here's a great source on tips from other's that have custom homescreens & lockscreens that tells you what apps, widgets, etc. particular users used.

MyColorScreen

2qb7qbr.png

Peace

Since you just got it, there's just SO MUCH you could do and possibly change that it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what you're looking to do. As for "apps" to customize the LOOK of your phone, that link to the XDA forums is your one place to go.

This site, mycolorscreen, is mostly full of Android owners that share how they've customized theirs. Most are apps, icons, etc. that you don't need ROOTING.

For those of us that have Android and LOVE to use it to it's full customization potential, here's a great source on tips from other's that have custom homescreens & lockscreens that tells you what apps, widgets, etc. particular users used.

MyColorScreen

2qb7qbr.png

Peace

I've seen that but as of now my main concern is with the call log threading and how to better my battery life. Looking at XDA I did all they told me (no syncing, use wifi, llama, etc) but still it seems like I need to charge my battery sometimes twice a day. In regards to a root, I think I'll wait for a one click root or something for the mac to do it or a ICS update (time table for that anyone?). Also for rom's where would I go to see different rom's for certain phones and the differences between them?

Here's a post I had on XDA:

I charged my phone to 100% last night before I went to bed just so that I could check the battery performance. I turned off the WIFI, data services, and did not use the phone at all for 5 hours. The battery life went from 100% to 84% in that 5 hours of being Idle. This does not seem correct to me since I was not using it or anything at all.

Any thoughts? Also, I had the running applications seen by active applications exited as well.

Thanks

I've seen that but as of now my main concern is with the call log threading and how to better my battery life. Looking at XDA I did all they told me (no syncing, use wifi, llama, etc) but still it seems like I need to charge my battery sometimes twice a day. In regards to a root, I think I'll wait for a one click root or something for the mac to do it or a ICS update (time table for that anyone?). Also for rom's where would I go to see different rom's for certain phones and the differences between them?

Here's a post I had on XDA:

I charged my phone to 100% last night before I went to bed just so that I could check the battery performance. I turned off the WIFI, data services, and did not use the phone at all for 5 hours. The battery life went from 100% to 84% in that 5 hours of being Idle. This does not seem correct to me since I was not using it or anything at all.

Any thoughts? Also, I had the running applications seen by active applications exited as well.

Thanks

^Something is def wrong. With all that off and you not using it at ALL for 5 hrs should NOT even go below 10% battery.

Peace

^Something is def wrong. With all that off and you not using it at ALL for 5 hrs should NOT even go below 10% battery.

Peace

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

Peace
How do I download these themes? I signed up and everything but I couldn't find a link.

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

Peace
How do I download these themes? I signed up and everything but I couldn't find a link.

Back
Top Bottom