Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by sole searchin

I've seen that but as of now my main concern is with the call log threading and how to better my battery life. Looking at XDA I did all they told me (no syncing, use wifi, llama, etc) but still it seems like I need to charge my battery sometimes twice a day. In regards to a root, I think I'll wait for a one click root or something for the mac to do it or a ICS update (time table for that anyone?). Also for rom's where would I go to see different rom's for certain phones and the differences between them?

Here's a post I had on XDA:

I charged my phone to 100% last night before I went to bed just so that I could check the battery performance. I turned off the WIFI, data services, and did not use the phone at all for 5 hours. The battery life went from 100% to 84% in that 5 hours of being Idle. This does not seem correct to me since I was not using it or anything at all.

Any thoughts? Also, I had the running applications seen by active applications exited as well.

Thanks

Well if you decide to root then you can download an app, Spare Parts.  It'll tell you whats keeping your phone awake and draining your battery.

Another thing is if you charge your phone at night and it reaches 100% then the battery will quit charging.  So for example; you charge it to 100% at 10pm and dont putll it off the charger till 8am, your phone started running off battery power at 10pm even though its still plugged in.  So at 8am you pull it off the charger and it'll still show 100% for a minute or two then it'll drop real fast to show the true reading of the battery

Originally Posted by sole searchin

I've seen that but as of now my main concern is with the call log threading and how to better my battery life. Looking at XDA I did all they told me (no syncing, use wifi, llama, etc) but still it seems like I need to charge my battery sometimes twice a day. In regards to a root, I think I'll wait for a one click root or something for the mac to do it or a ICS update (time table for that anyone?). Also for rom's where would I go to see different rom's for certain phones and the differences between them?

Here's a post I had on XDA:

I charged my phone to 100% last night before I went to bed just so that I could check the battery performance. I turned off the WIFI, data services, and did not use the phone at all for 5 hours. The battery life went from 100% to 84% in that 5 hours of being Idle. This does not seem correct to me since I was not using it or anything at all.

Any thoughts? Also, I had the running applications seen by active applications exited as well.

Thanks

Well if you decide to root then you can download an app, Spare Parts.  It'll tell you whats keeping your phone awake and draining your battery.

Another thing is if you charge your phone at night and it reaches 100% then the battery will quit charging.  So for example; you charge it to 100% at 10pm and dont putll it off the charger till 8am, your phone started running off battery power at 10pm even though its still plugged in.  So at 8am you pull it off the charger and it'll still show 100% for a minute or two then it'll drop real fast to show the true reading of the battery

[h1]
[h1]Ice Cream Sandwich ROM Released for Nexus S[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck |7:03 PM 25-Oct-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/ice-cream-sandwich-rom-released-for-nexus-s#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1318334096/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0 Comments

icsnexus.JPG

Last week, we looked at some of the efforts being made to let you get your hands on some Ice Cream Sandwich action a little bit early. On one of the spectrum, there were some media resources pulled from the just-released Android 4.0 SDK that you could use on your existing Android, and for those of you looking for a more inclusive preview, we saw some work towards porting Ice Cream Sandwich to existing phones. If that latter option is more your speed, you'll want to check out the new ROM that's just been released for the Nexus S, bringing the new OS to the quintessential Gingerbread phone. 

For an unofficial port, it's surprisingly complete and stable. That's not to say that there aren't problems – issues have been reported with the phone's NFC transceiver, camera, and with the cellular radio – but they're apparently not so severe as to make the phone unusable. Additionally, not all features that will be present in the final Android 4.0 release are here, as the port's based on an earlier Ice Cream Sandwich build. Still, it's very cool-looking, and we're guessing plenty of you Nexus S owners out there will be checking it out. You'll find a download link through the XDA source link. 

Source: XDA-Developers 
Via: Droid-life
[/h1]http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/25/mega-gallery-ice-cream-sandwich-walk-through-from-nexus-s-port/

[h1]
[h1]Ice Cream Sandwich ROM Released for Nexus S[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck |7:03 PM 25-Oct-11 |http://pocketnow.com/android/ice-cream-sandwich-rom-released-for-nexus-s#disqus_thread/cdn.pocketnow.com/xc:1318334096/images/ico_comment.gif);">http://cdn.pocketnow.com/...images/ico_comment.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 0px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">0 Comments

icsnexus.JPG

Last week, we looked at some of the efforts being made to let you get your hands on some Ice Cream Sandwich action a little bit early. On one of the spectrum, there were some media resources pulled from the just-released Android 4.0 SDK that you could use on your existing Android, and for those of you looking for a more inclusive preview, we saw some work towards porting Ice Cream Sandwich to existing phones. If that latter option is more your speed, you'll want to check out the new ROM that's just been released for the Nexus S, bringing the new OS to the quintessential Gingerbread phone. 

For an unofficial port, it's surprisingly complete and stable. That's not to say that there aren't problems – issues have been reported with the phone's NFC transceiver, camera, and with the cellular radio – but they're apparently not so severe as to make the phone unusable. Additionally, not all features that will be present in the final Android 4.0 release are here, as the port's based on an earlier Ice Cream Sandwich build. Still, it's very cool-looking, and we're guessing plenty of you Nexus S owners out there will be checking it out. You'll find a download link through the XDA source link. 

Source: XDA-Developers 
Via: Droid-life
[/h1]http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/25/mega-gallery-ice-cream-sandwich-walk-through-from-nexus-s-port/

Anyone play games on the phones?
I downloaded wind up Knight which is a pretty fun games and looks good.
has anyone played shadowgun? Came out today and looks crazyyyyy.

Also, can't wait for the transformer prime.

Anyone play games on the phones?
I downloaded wind up Knight which is a pretty fun games and looks good.
has anyone played shadowgun? Came out today and looks crazyyyyy.

Also, can't wait for the transformer prime.

shadowgun looks like it might be worth the 5 bucks.
I've bought a few games. The main one I'm playing right now on my phone is Sentinel 3
on my Transformer I've been playing Samurai II a lot.

shadowgun looks like it might be worth the 5 bucks.
I've bought a few games. The main one I'm playing right now on my phone is Sentinel 3
on my Transformer I've been playing Samurai II a lot.

Allreds pm me for help with customizing

Mycolorscreen isn't a good source for themes, it's just something to look at.

Xda or deviant art are the best sites for theming

Allreds pm me for help with customizing

Mycolorscreen isn't a good source for themes, it's just something to look at.

Xda or deviant art are the best sites for theming

Is MIUI gonna stop being developed or something? I was thinking of flashing it tonight on my HTC INSPIRE, but I saw the thread was closed.

Right now I'm on Android Revolution, would you guys staying on Android Revolution or should I flash something else?

The main thing I hate about the Android Revolution (No Sense) Rom was that when someone would be calling me I'd have to unlock to see whos calling AND on top of that it says like the phone had an unexpected error and its forced to restart...so i can't cancel as it just "turns off the phone "app"" Its kind of annoying so i was planning on switching out to a new rom tonight.

You guys recommend anything specific?

Is MIUI gonna stop being developed or something? I was thinking of flashing it tonight on my HTC INSPIRE, but I saw the thread was closed.

Right now I'm on Android Revolution, would you guys staying on Android Revolution or should I flash something else?

The main thing I hate about the Android Revolution (No Sense) Rom was that when someone would be calling me I'd have to unlock to see whos calling AND on top of that it says like the phone had an unexpected error and its forced to restart...so i can't cancel as it just "turns off the phone "app"" Its kind of annoying so i was planning on switching out to a new rom tonight.

You guys recommend anything specific?

cm7^ try that out and see how you like it. its like a remix version of sense but 100% better.

new MIUI theme by me
happy.gif

pumped_up_kicks_by_jaydean03-d4drcnk.png

cm7^ try that out and see how you like it. its like a remix version of sense but 100% better.

new MIUI theme by me
happy.gif

pumped_up_kicks_by_jaydean03-d4drcnk.png

Back
Top Bottom