• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Samsung Galaxy S III sees 9 million pre-orders[/h1]

By Kevin O'Quinn  | May 18 2012 | 12:36 am  | 78 Comments

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-49.jpg

Yes you read that correctly, according to a report from ​Korea Economic Daily​ a Samsung executive let it slip that 9 million units have been pre-ordered.  Let that sink in for a minute.  It wasn't that long ago that the Galaxy S II hit the 20 million mark, and now we have its successor reaching half that lofty goal before it's been released.  Impressive to be sure, especially since the US, a large smartphone market, won't see it released until June at the earliest.

With Samsung taking the lions share of phone sales worldwide is there anything that can be done to stop their dominance in the market?  With all the rumors, hype, and expectations leading up to the launch, we already knew Samsung would have a hit on their hands.  Even after the initial euphoria wore off, we were still impressed with what Samsung has done with the Galaxy S III.  While the vote was almost dead even between this and the HTC One X, odds are good that the Galaxy S III won't get stuck in customs.

Jealous of our friends overseas?  Have questions about the phone?  Find your answers in the forums.

sick.gif

Any good recommendations for a new phone? Currently rolling with an Iphone 4 but i want to go Android to try something different. I've been eligible for an upgrade since February but still haven't decided on what to get . I was really close on picking up the Galaxy Note but never did. Anything coming out or is out that would be a good buy? Mainly just looking for a bigger screen and 4G LTE. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Any good recommendations for a new phone? Currently rolling with an Iphone 4 but i want to go Android to try something different. I've been eligible for an upgrade since February but still haven't decided on what to get . I was really close on picking up the Galaxy Note but never did. Anything coming out or is out that would be a good buy? Mainly just looking for a bigger screen and 4G LTE. Thanks.

I'm assuming your on ATT and if you are you should cop the One X asap

Yeah i'm on ATT, i may be switching to Verizon so i can join my family plan but that's not a for sure thing and i won't be able to until next month since my contract with ATT doesn't end until then. As of now still with ATT.

Anyone here ever order a phone through Amazon Wireless? I added the One X to my cart to see what the total would run me but it seems like my current plan options aren't available to be selected. I currently have a 2gb plan and 1000 text messages. It's only giving me the options for pay per text or an unlimited text plan. And for the data plan it's only giving me the option to select a 3gb or 5gb plan. I'm happy with my current text and data plan and would like to use what i have. Did ATT cancel grandfathering your old plan options? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Speaking of Apple when I clocked in to work yesterday they had the news on in the break room they were talking about the next iphone having a 4 inch screen and the anchors were saying how revolutionary it will be and a 4 inch phone will be like a iphone/ipad hybrid calling it "a game changer"
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
effing sheep.

I can bet you it was FOX NEWS.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Alc how the hell did you know ?

That's the type of rhetoric talk Fox News is known for, plus I'm fluent in BS talk.

The first 4.3 inch phone goes to THE HD2 when it came out in 2009, then the 4.3 inch became popular with the HTC EVO 2010. Apple innovate backwards and we all know it.

Seriously thinking about returning my One X, this phone is amazing but this locked bootloader (even though i know its still early) is making me want to wait for the GSIII. I am even considering a Lumia 900 or the Galaxy Nexus, or stick with my GSII from ATT. I get bored fast
laugh.gif

I guess the idea of a 4 inch iPhone NEVER happening and 4 inch phones that will "never be liked enough" died with Steve jobs.....isn't he the one that said that?

Any of you dudes with multiple cell carriers? lol I see a lot of Tech Reviewers that aren't with big companies such as CNET or anything and just wonder

S Voice on my GNEX....This might only Work on Samsung devices only.
pimp.gif
if your smart you'll know what to click
wink.gif
Thanks.

I tried it, but the S Voice doesn't understand what I'm saying most of the time.

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

Alchemist. Is your nexus rooted or can you put it on a stock nexus? Thanks in advance

It will work no matter what but might be only for Samsung devices only I'm not to sure....boost try it on your one x.... lol

It go some simple commands like navi and turn off wifi, call this x person. Gotta keep playing with to understand you more.

OK heres my dilemma, im om TMO and I have a HTC sensation. I want another phone. I like the new HTC One but i just dont like the NON removable battery. also im not due for an upgrade for another year I think.

Should I sell my sensation and cop the new HTC one?? Also how much are sensations going for now-a-days

^ the Sensation just got an update to ICS.  Not really worth it if your gonna upgrade to the One, i'd wait it out a few more months when more of the high end phones start coming out for the holidays. 

Originally Posted by djkaos23

OK heres my dilemma, im om TMO and I have a HTC sensation. I want another phone. I like the new HTC One but i just dont like the NON removable battery. also im not due for an upgrade for another year I think.

Should I sell my sensation and cop the new HTC one?? Also how much are sensations going for now-a-days

I'd get the HTC One.  I've seen the Sensation go for $250-$300

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any Verizon gnex users?

Wats up?
been looking for  a new toy, tryna decide to cop one off contract and play with, because Im bored with my iPHone, or just wait it out lol, I was also thinking about copping aXoom cause those are cheap buy idk. I know the VZW nexus is plagued with network issues, but the Dev community pretty much fixed that in their roms right? I also was thinking about going to ATT and starting a line of service just to cop a One X or note lol, but Id be wasting 100 bucks a month on something I wouldn't use really.

^^At that rate why not save the amount which you would spend on a new line of service and just buy a new phone that's not on contract

Any Verizon gnex users?

Wats up?
been looking for  a new toy, tryna decide to cop one off contract and play with, because Im bored with my iPHone, or just wait it out lol, I was also thinking about copping aXoom cause those are cheap buy idk. I know the VZW nexus is plagued with network issues, but the Dev community pretty much fixed that in their roms right? I also was thinking about going to ATT and starting a line of service just to cop a One X or note lol, but Id be wasting 100 bucks a month on something I wouldn't use really.

Are you looking to replace your iPhone or just have it in your arsenal? If not i wouldn't even get a Verizon Gnex, rather cop a US-GSM Gnex cause you can simply go to any carriers of your liking, and if you get bored the resale value will be higher than the CDMA GNEX. Don't buy any tablet till the Google I/O, rumors have it a Nexus tablet will be announced. Stick with one phone no need multiple phones since i know you might be dev'ing and the GNEX will be the best phone to DEV for since its not running any skins.

Wats up?

Are you looking to replace your iPhone or just have it in your arsenal? If not i wouldn't even get a Verizon Gnex, rather cop a US-GSM Gnex cause you can simply go to any carriers of your liking, and if you get bored the resale value will be higher than the CDMA GNEX. Don't buy any tablet till the Google I/O, rumors have it a Nexus tablet will be announced. Stick with one phone no need multiple phones since i know you might be dev'ing and the GNEX will be the best phone to DEV for since its not running any skins.
I am looking to start developing once I get a gig with better work/life balance lol, I started teaching my self some Objective C for iOS dev, but I`m so tired when I get home from work I said screw it after a week.
And I've been thinking about copping an unlocked global device and using it prepaid, because I've been doing heavy research on joining the Air Force, and IF I do so happen join, I'd have a global joint that I can pop a sim in and out of when or if I am over seas. 

Back
Top Bottom