Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Wats up?
been looking for  a new toy, tryna decide to cop one off contract and play with, because Im bored with my iPHone, or just wait it out lol, I was also thinking about copping aXoom cause those are cheap buy idk. I know the VZW nexus is plagued with network issues, but the Dev community pretty much fixed that in their roms right? I also was thinking about going to ATT and starting a line of service just to cop a One X or note lol, but Id be wasting 100 bucks a month on something I wouldn't use really.

Are you looking to replace your iPhone or just have it in your arsenal? If not i wouldn't even get a Verizon Gnex, rather cop a US-GSM Gnex cause you can simply go to any carriers of your liking, and if you get bored the resale value will be higher than the CDMA GNEX. Don't buy any tablet till the Google I/O, rumors have it a Nexus tablet will be announced. Stick with one phone no need multiple phones since i know you might be dev'ing and the GNEX will be the best phone to DEV for since its not running any skins.
I am looking to start developing once I get a gig with better work/life balance lol, I started teaching my self some Objective C for iOS dev, but I`m so tired when I get home from work I said screw it after a week.
And I've been thinking about copping an unlocked global device and using it prepaid, because I've been doing heavy research on joining the Air Force, and IF I do so happen join, I'd have a global joint that I can pop a sim in and out of when or if I am over seas. 

I'll go with the GSM GNEX, i can imagine the att One X being problematic with the lock bootloader and unlocking the device for any sim carrier of your liking. (xda will figure it out, but it will take time).

Are you looking to replace your iPhone or just have it in your arsenal? If not i wouldn't even get a Verizon Gnex, rather cop a US-GSM Gnex cause you can simply go to any carriers of your liking, and if you get bored the resale value will be higher than the CDMA GNEX. Don't buy any tablet till the Google I/O, rumors have it a Nexus tablet will be announced. Stick with one phone no need multiple phones since i know you might be dev'ing and the GNEX will be the best phone to DEV for since its not running any skins.
I am looking to start developing once I get a gig with better work/life balance lol, I started teaching my self some Objective C for iOS dev, but I`m so tired when I get home from work I said screw it after a week.
And I've been thinking about copping an unlocked global device and using it prepaid, because I've been doing heavy research on joining the Air Force, and IF I do so happen join, I'd have a global joint that I can pop a sim in and out of when or if I am over seas. 

I'll go with the GSM GNEX, i can imagine the att One X being problematic with the lock bootloader and unlocking the device for any sim carrier of your liking. (xda will figure it out, but it will take time).
Idk man, My gripe with VZW is the CDMA, though it provides AMAZING voice service, I miss being able to cop phones on ebay when ever and just pop in a sim card and be good. ATT sucks in doors, and in rural areas, so I'd be pissed if I got stationed somewhere in the US, and couldn't use my device lol, BUT I don't talk on the phone what so ever, just text and web. And like I said if I end up military and have t leave the country, I can take my device with me cop a prepaid sim somewhere and be good money. And looking at the HTC One X, it seems like a better device than the Gnex, Camera is an important thing to me which is why i haven't dropped the 4s, because nothing is seeing it. I`m just tired of the small screen. 

So I need some advice, I was waiting on the evo but based on delay amazon said something about July 5th is when ill get it or something like that. To those that have the note on at&t how many gigs you use ? Cause I'm struck between the international version so I can use unlimited data (I prefer not being limited) or just copping the note off at&t for 180$. Mind you the international version is about 400+ but I can manage to get it for a bit less . So I'm on the fence about it. Anybody ?

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

So I need some advice, I was waiting on the evo but based on delay amazon said something about July 5th is when ill get it or something like that. To those that have the note on at&t how many gigs you use ? Cause I'm struck between the international version so I can use unlimited data (I prefer not being limited) or just copping the note off at&t for 180$. Mind you the international version is about 400+ but I can manage to get it for a bit less . So I'm on the fence about it. Anybody ?

wouldn't you be a new ATT customer either route? or you are referring to getting the international version and going prepaid?

wouldn't you be a new ATT customer either route? or you are referring to getting the international version and going prepaid?

Not prepaid but since its international version unlocked at&t Wont pick it up as smartphone so i can have an unlimited data plan as a regular phone yet use the note on it.

Not prepaid but since its international version unlocked at&t Wont pick it up as smartphone so i can have an unlimited data plan as a regular phone yet use the note on it.
you talking about adding that 10 dollar internet package or something? lol that trick still works?

you talking about adding that 10 dollar internet package or something? lol that trick still works?

Yeah with the international unlocked version though . I knew a few ppl who still have it , and AT&T doesn't pick it up.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

What's the best messaging app with group messaging? Go SMS has it but its weird the way it works...

Google+ Messenger. Its too good. Sharing pictures, thoughts and video chatting. Just have your friends make a g+ account. Lol's will be made.

Anyone using the Sprint gnex, if rooted what ROM are you using? What's the best slim case for for it? Already searched xda I couldn't find a definite answer, so I wanted some user experience from a fellow nter

My Verizon rep told me yesterday that they will NOT be killing grandfathered unlimited data plans. I will update you if this changes, but she insisted to me that these are just rumors for the time being. 

The most likely scenario is that they'll let people on single lines keep their unlimited plan, but force people on family plans to use the new data share plans even if they have UNL data.

Just my two cents from working in the industry. I will keep everyone updated on this though.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

The most likely scenario is that they'll let people on single lines keep their unlimited plan, but force people on family plans to use the new data share plans even if they have UNL data.

Just my two cents from working in the industry. I will keep everyone updated on this though.

I see that happening too.

Anybody ever have problem with pics and vids just disappearing? Like I know I didn't delete sometimes when I reset my phone they pop up then disappear again any way to stop that?

just got home from ATT, played with the One X and Note.....honestly I wasn't impressed. The One X performed EXACTLY like the HTC Rezound, it felt like a hybrid of the Gnex and the Rezound, the body of it felt good won't lie, but it let me realize sense is whack, especially after playing with the Gnex so much, I can't deal with a skinned ICS. The Note didn't wow me since the software is the same ol touchwiz routine, but I guess appeal is more so how it works with your everyday routine in having that big screen, which is something you can't really determine by just playing with it for a few min.

On the low though that Nokia Windows phone is NICE, but its a windows phone.

[h1]China clears Google acquisition of Motorola, eliminates last barrier to Googorola bliss (update)[/h1]
By Jon Fingas posted May 19th 2012 2:39PM

The final significant roadblock to Google's buyout of Motorola has been cleared, as Chinese regulators have just given their rubber stamp. Their approval follows a few months after the simultaneous American and European clearances, and virtually all that's left now is to formally close the deal and start integrating the two mobile giants. It might still come too late for the combined entity to present a united front at Google I/O, but at least they won't have any awkward glances at each other across the room. We're just trying to decide on whether or not Googorola is the best pet name for the loving, $12.5 billion-dollar Android union.

Update: Google has since told the AP that the deal will likely wrap up early next week, so Motorola should be part of the family well in advance of Google I/O. Also, Google has to keep Android freely usable by anyone for at least five years, although no one was expecting that to change anytime soon.

Sold my ATT GSII today to some guy named Wale
laugh.gif
older African man, pretty coold guy. I had AOKP running on it and he was amazed, he had no idea what i was talking about when I was telling him the features. He was happy at the end though and copped it from me for $300

Back
Top Bottom