Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

so can someone school me on "rooting" and what it does/for? 
ive been trying to update my phone but no firmware is found when i look under firmware update, so how can i update so i can save some battery life, have my phone not lag and all that etc...

is ICS out for all phone companies?

i have GSII for Sprint by the way.

noob coming through
nerd.gif
I too have the GS2 
it unlocks/opens your phone for more customizing basically 

you really don't need it but if you want to save some battery life, you should root it and get a nice ICS ROM <ROM is a User Interface (basically every ROM makes your phone feel new and fresh)

go here and check out the different ROMs, i recommend CM9 since it's good for battery life. 

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

so can someone school me on "rooting" and what it does/for? 
ive been trying to update my phone but no firmware is found when i look under firmware update, so how can i update so i can save some battery life, have my phone not lag and all that etc...

is ICS out for all phone companies?

i have GSII for Sprint by the way.

noob coming through
nerd.gif
I too have the GS2 
it unlocks/opens your phone for more customizing basically 

you really don't need it but if you want to save some battery life, you should root it and get a nice ICS ROM <ROM is a User Interface (basically every ROM makes your phone feel new and fresh)

go here and check out the different ROMs, i recommend CM9 since it's good for battery life. 

thats a lot to choose from and decision making! lol alright thanks man, looks like ill be busy tonight.

Originally Posted by cubanref

Decided to do an early upgrade with sprint and got EVO LTE. I've had it for a week now and this phone is amazing. I get 20+ hours on one charge with light usage, 16+ on moderate usage and about 12-14 with heavy usage. Wasn't sure if I was gonna keep it and then exchange it for the s3 but after watching the videos of the "cool" stuff it has I think it would get boring and old kinda fast like the 3D did. I'll probably check it out when it drops but I really don't think the s3 will be THAT much better then the EVO.

The screen is amazing, super fast even on sprints 3G network and ics and the new sense is great. So far its the best phone sprint has out IMO.

How early? I have 21 days left on my contract btw..
plz respond...
and @Purple Sneaks- just get CM9 and you should be fine. 

Decided to do an early upgrade with sprint and got EVO LTE. I've had it for a week now and this phone is amazing. I get 20+ hours on one charge with light usage, 16+ on moderate usage and about 12-14 with heavy usage. Wasn't sure if I was gonna keep it and then exchange it for the s3 but after watching the videos of the "cool" stuff it has I think it would get boring and old kinda fast like the 3D did. I'll probably check it out when it drops but I really don't think the s3 will be THAT much better then the EVO.

The screen is amazing, super fast even on sprints 3G network and ics and the new sense is great. So far its the best phone sprint has out IMO.

plz respond...
roll.gif

replaced my galaxy nexus. no disconnecting problems so far running 4.0.4. battery life is much improved on my replacement.

anways question for my TMOBILE heads...

this weekend all smartphones are free. my girl may want to upgrade. but im torn between 2 phones. so which would you go for?

galaxy s 2 (which gets ICS today)

or

HTC One S (which comes with a better dual core processor and ics already loaded)?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

s2 is a really nice phone but that one s apparently slightly better and is also very thin..

plz respond...

My contract ends in July and I upgraded to EVO LTE aswell. You should be eligible already I remember I called and they told me I've BEEN eligible .

plz respond...

My upgrade was supposed to be in April of 2013 so 10 months early. They had the early upgrade program and charged me $115 and then I sold my EVO 3D for 150. Also got a $50 gift card for buying the phone which brought the price down to 150 and then used the gift card for a case and screen protector. Everything came out to less then $200

Is it true that once you root an android there's no going back? Like they will always be able to tell?

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Is it true that once you root an android there's no going back? Like they will always be able to tell?

Thats false. You can always 'unroot' but there's root to it, which you can still flash ROMs on it. They only check for an unlocked bootloader and stuff like that. 

Can someone tell me if the Samsung Galaxy SIII is considered a GSM phone for Verizon?
EDIT:

Never mind --- I see that its CDMA

Originally Posted by sreggie101

replaced my galaxy nexus. no disconnecting problems so far running 4.0.4. battery life is much improved on my replacement.

this weekend all smartphones are free. my girl may want to upgrade. but im torn between 2 phones. so which would you go for?

or

HTC One S (which comes with a better dual core processor and ics already loaded)?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

s2 is a really nice phone but that one s apparently slightly better and is also very thin..

told my boy to hop on that free phone weekend joint back in February and he got shafted, you do have to come with money maybe +200 he walked out spending himself like $280, then he suppose wait a few months for the rebate but they gave him some BS about not having the right data package and this and the third and told he won't get any rebate. Think twice before you go in there this weekend.

Keep your options open best buy is selling the one S for $100 http://phandroid.com/2012...obiles-htc-one-s-for-99/

Just look into it before you sign a contract cause that free phone jump is bait and switch move.

I'll wait for the s3 though
nerd.gif
june 21st if I'm correct right.

Thats false. You can always 'unroot' but there's root to it, which you can still flash ROMs on it. They only check for an unlocked bootloader and stuff like that. 
i un-rooted and reset my counter today on my Galaxy Note, waiting for the official AT&T ICS to drop...the custom ICS ROMS for Galaxy note are buggy as hell
alien.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

i un-rooted and reset my counter today on my Galaxy Note, waiting for the official AT&T ICS to drop...the custom ICS ROMS for Galaxy note are buggy as hell
alien.gif

Did you try the Team Perfection from I've had no problems.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

sreggie101 said:

or

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

told my boy to hop on that free phone weekend joint back in February and he got shafted, you do have to come with money maybe +200 he walked out spending himself like $280, then he suppose wait a few months for the rebate but they gave him some BS about not having the right data package and this and the third and told he won't get any rebate. Think twice before you go in there this weekend.

Keep your options open best buy is selling the one S for $100 http://phandroid.com/2012...obiles-htc-one-s-for-99/

Just look into it before you sign a contract cause that free phone jump is bait and switch move.

I'll wait for the s3 though
nerd.gif
june 21st if I'm correct right.

word, good lookin my dude
pimp.gif

Read a lot of reviews for one X and s3, can't even decide. I'm never gonna get a new phone......lol

question:

wifey's EVO 4G is giving her the "low space" notification. I know she doesn't have that many apps on the internal space and i installed an app to move apps to the SD. What can I do to clear up some space for her?

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

question:

wifey's EVO 4G is giving her the "low space" notification. I know she doesn't have that many apps on the internal space and i installed an app to move apps to the SD. What can I do to clear up some space for her?

Go into Settings>Applications>All>Sort by size and see what's taking up the most space. Then just go down the line and move what you can to SD. That should free up a good amount of space. You said you already installed the app, but sometimes you still have to do it manually. Just check to see where the app is stored. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Originally Posted by i3allistic

alien.gif

Did you try the Team Perfection from I've had no problems.
yep, buggy ...i'm just gonna wait for the official version of ICS

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Read a lot of reviews for one X and s3, can't even decide. I'm never gonna get a new phone......lol
laugh.gif
Same here, keep going back and forth between the two. I'm leaning towards the One X, only $120 on Amazon wireless, so tempting. Also can't decide if i want the gray or white. White looks really nice but i'm worried about long term with dirt marks etc on the phone.

Upgrading on Verizon within the next two weeks, is the Galaxy S3 the best choice I could make?
I am also considering the RAZR MAXX (Battery is the upside, green screen tint is downside) and Galaxy Nexus (Thinking the S3 will be better, but I'm iffy on TouchWiz)

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Upgrading on Verizon within the next two weeks, is the Galaxy S3 the best choice I could make?
I am also considering the RAZR MAXX (Battery is the upside, green screen tint is downside) and Galaxy Nexus (Thinking the S3 will be better, but I'm iffy on TouchWiz)

razr maxx will be outdated later this year as the final version the razr HD will be coming out. same big %+# battery just better screen and other stuff i can't remember. google it.

galaxy s 3 is a solid option especially for 200. prolly can't beat that.

nexus is pure google as they say, and i have it. great phone. just need an extended battery which hardly adds to the phone's thickness believe it or not. nexus doesn't come with any preloaded apps like everything else which i wanted.

id wait for reviews of s3 to see how battery life is. then cop.

Back
Top Bottom