Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

im totally copping that nexus tab so im excited for this week a lot of places saying quad core so ima be disappointed if its dual core...id hope its more 250- 300$ so it can have pretty nice features...heard they got 600k ready to ship hopefully they dont make me wait a month

ive been waitin for this also, June 27 right?
if the specs come out to like all the rumors at that price range its gonna be a hit.

For those that have ordered on amazon wireless, for whatever reason you can't choose your current plan rates. I wanna keep my 2gb a month plan but it only gives me the option for the 3gb and 5gb plan. Is their anyway to keep my current 2gb plan or do i have to go with one of the newer data plan options? Thanks

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

im totally copping that nexus tab so im excited for this week a lot of places saying quad core so ima be disappointed if its dual core...id hope its more 250- 300$ so it can have pretty nice features...heard they got 600k ready to ship hopefully they dont make me wait a month

ive been waitin for this also, June 27 right?
if the specs come out to like all the rumors at that price range its gonna be a hit.
yup the 27th i jumped the gun thinking it was this week 
laugh.gif

and hope no round edges on the note 2 

Getting annoyed having to charge my htc inspire 3 times a day...im on it all day and tether to my tablets, laptop and now samsung smart tv.

I have a spare battery but they dont make strong batteries for this phone.
I have a new 4s...thinking of switching then depends on the iphone 5 ill get that. Android is more open source though.

Just got this samsung galaxy tablet 7.0 $150...hp touchpad is too slow for me now.

Pretty interesting

Competitor A=Samsung S2, Dual Exynos
Competitor B=DROID RAZR, TI OMAP 4430 (GNEX uses same processor but the 4460 Model)
Competitor C= HTC ONE S, Qualcomm S4

Like butter baby.

Now thinking about it, the test seems unfair cause the S4 has a 28nm chip and the rest are 45nm. 28nm chips will handle heat better cause of it size(smaller chip) and the way its structure.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

TEAM NEXUS
pimp.gif

This phone is amazing and LTE is superb.
welcome to the team 
pimp.gif

I'll wait until the S3 and One X show up on craigslist before I try them out. In the meanwhile my Nexus is working superbly

Went to look at the One X on Fri cause I wasn't due for an upgrade until July 28th and fell in love with it! The manager in the store signed off on me bypassing the early upgrade fee and let me get the phone on the spot! Definitely an upgrade over my old Atrix but I must agree that I was expecting to be blown away by the Beats Audio and honestly I wasn't. Actually seems like my old phone's speaker was a lil louder/clearer but maybe it's just me. Also have to agree about the poor battery life. I have to charge it twice per day at the moment so if anyone has any battery tweaks they would like to share than I would really appreciate it. All in all though, not mad at my purchase one bit! 
pimp.gif

OAN: The chick in that vid is sooo sexy to me. I have a thing for pretty Middle Eastern women at the moment...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

TEAM NEXUS
pimp.gif

welcome to the team 
pimp.gif

I'll wait until the S3 and One X show up on craigslist before I try them out. In the meanwhile my Nexus is working superbly

NEXUS FTW!!!

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

TEAM NEXUS
pimp.gif

welcome to the team 
pimp.gif

NEXUS FTW!!!

TEAM NEXUS ALWAYS GROWING
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

About to join Team Nexus tonight if this Craiglist deal works out
smile.gif

How do you guys deal with the crappy battery life? Sorry if this question has been answered before.

i have excellent battery life with my nexus. im a moderate user tho and have an extended battery which i highly recommend buying. it doesn't really add thickness to the phone. additional battery help can come from juice defender in the app store. it works REALLY well. the 4.0.4 update helps also.
reggie you have the vzw nexus right?
i want the extended battery for my gsm nexus. as i understand the vzw one doesn't work.

any gsm nexusers with an oem extended battery?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by cubanref

Decided to do an early upgrade with sprint and got EVO LTE. I've had it for a week now and this phone is amazing. I get 20+ hours on one charge with light usage, 16+ on moderate usage and about 12-14 with heavy usage. Wasn't sure if I was gonna keep it and then exchange it for the s3 but after watching the videos of the "cool" stuff it has I think it would get boring and old kinda fast like the 3D did. I'll probably check it out when it drops but I really don't think the s3 will be THAT much better then the EVO.

The screen is amazing, super fast even on sprints 3G network and ics and the new sense is great. So far its the best phone sprint has out IMO.

How early? I have 21 days left on my contract btw..
plz respond...
and @Purple Sneaks- just get CM9 and you should be fine. 
umm yeahhh.. so the furthest i got into the "installation" was step 3 which was "Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history. " and everything else after that was very vague. directions are lame and unclear. these were the directions after step 3:
1. To begin you will need to download a few files:
2. Disconnect the Epic from the computer if it is already connected via USB. 

-am i supposed to dl it from my market or my laptop? very unsure where this is leading me to. if you can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by MEXTEL310

smile.gif

How do you guys deal with the crappy battery life? Sorry if this question has been answered before.

i have excellent battery life with my nexus. im a moderate user tho and have an extended battery which i highly recommend buying. it doesn't really add thickness to the phone. additional battery help can come from juice defender in the app store. it works REALLY well. the 4.0.4 update helps also.
i want the extended battery for my gsm nexus. as i understand the vzw one doesn't work.

it adds a little bit of thickness to the phone, the depression on the back close to the speaker is gone with the extended battery, and you do not get that much more power from it

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by MEXTEL310

smile.gif

it adds a little bit of thickness to the phone, the depression on the back close to the speaker is gone with the extended battery, and you do not get that much more power from it

its not an expensive investment, and considering it doesn't add much to the phone its worth the buy. battery life is relative to how you use it. you can only take someone's experience with a grain of salt. with that said, if you are a moderate user, it will get you thru the day no problem with 4G on. now if u stream netflix hardbody, thats a diff story.

keep in mind the vzw nexus is LTE. gsm isn't, hence the difference mentioned. either way, i saw a better battery life with the extended. i don't stream $$%!, or have minute by minute widgets on my home screen. i just browse once in a while and text like a mofo.

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

How early? I have 21 days left on my contract btw..
plz respond...
and @Purple Sneaks- just get CM9 and you should be fine. 
umm yeahhh.. so the furthest i got into the "installation" was step 3 which was "Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history. " and everything else after that was very vague. directions are lame and unclear. these were the directions after step 3:
1. To begin you will need to download a few files:
2. Disconnect the Epic from the computer if it is already connected via USB. 

-am i supposed to dl it from my market or my laptop? very unsure where this is leading me to. if you can help i would greatly appreciate it.
go on ur computer and click the links they will download to ur comp...u need a computer to do these things unless it says MOBILE odin which is an app you need to be rooted to use

I like my skyrocket and all the rom support now. LTE is nice when i get it. But i will say im constantly looking for that lucky person that wants to trade the Galaxy Nexus GSM for it.

A little new to Android so i need a little help. How do I know if my phone is rooted? The phone is a ATT Skyrocket. The phone says its running Android 4.0, but i dont believe ICS was officialy released for the phone. Correct me if im wrong. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

S 3 for verizon comes out mid july.

Sprint will get theirs around that time too.
naw pending any setbacks I get my Sprint S3 this friday homie. Verizon is July. But Sprint and Tmobile is this weekend

Light use
403103497.jpg

Moderate use

403103496.jpg

HTC EVO LTE

Its nice to finally have a phone I can go a whole day without charging 
pimp.gif

Will stop by Sprint this weekend and check out the S3 and see if it really is better then the EVO

Back
Top Bottom