• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
typing from a m$ surface tablet @ 42nd st popup store with the touch keyboard pretty good pretty good lol just a test

Google's Android event canceled due to hurricane

The Verge has learned that Google's Android event scheduled for Monday in New York City has been canceled due to Hurricane Sandy. On Friday New York Governor Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency in response to the incoming storm, and Google's event was set to take place on a waterfront pier, which is now in an evacuation zone. Monday won't be a total loss, though: we'll be in San Francisco to cover Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 launch, which should be able to evade Sandy's wrath. We'll keep you updated on Google's plans to reschedule, but in the meantime, grab your jackets and head somewhere dry.
>: **** hurricanes.

Read this on Forbes earlier today.
Android is heading in the right direction. :nthat:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prosper...-android-voted-coolest-kid-on-the-playground/

The Aging Of Apple? Google Android Voted Coolest Kid On The Playground
Pam Goodfellow, Contributor
+ Comment now

With its cryptic “the playground is open” tagline, the impending Google Android event has many pundits speculating on what will be introduced. So, we thought we’d once again ask the real experts – consumers – for their take on the Android platform on the eve of what may be the next big thing – or big bust. After all, the nearly 9,000 consumers BIGinsight talks to each month correctly gauged the room temperature reception of September’s iPhone 5 announcement from Apple.

As it turns out, a look at the latest results from our “Hot or Not” feature reveals that the Google Android OS may be becoming quite the pressure cooker for Apple’s iOS. While the majority of adults deemed both the Google Android platform and Apple iOS as pretty popular in October, Android maintained a slight lead on the pairing with 53.0% voting it “hot” to Apple’s 51.4%.

These insights become really interesting, though, when divvied up by generation. While more than three out of five of the must-have Millennial demographic concurred that both platforms were “hot,” it was Android again (with 64.0%) that held the edge over Apple (61.9%). The operating system disparity was greatest among Gen X-ers, who were 10% more likely to side with Android (58.6%) versus Apple (53.4%). Boomers were on the fence for this debate, while Apple finally found some support among the Silent generation. Nearly half (46.8%) of those born before 1946 judged Apple to be “hot,” four points higher than those who felt the same way about Android (41.4%).

Bottom Line: While both platforms are undoubtedly popular, it seems that the children of our future – Millenials and Gen X-ers – are positioning Google Android as the mobile future, at least for the time being. As I recall, playground popularity contests could be pretty competitive.

-Drew

Google Nexus 10 leaks: Android 4.2, Exynos 5250 (1.7GHz), 2,560 x 1,600 resolution

Internally, there's (reportedly) a dual-core 1.7GHz Samsung Exynos 5250, a Mali-T604 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage (though no microSD expansion slot), a 5 megapixel rear-facing camera, NFC / WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and a Super AMOLED panel with a drool-worthy 2,560 x 1,600 screen resolution -- yeah, that's well into "Retina" territory at 298.9 pixels per inch. You may recognize that Exynos 5250 from Google's recently released $249 Chromebook, but here, it's being used to push Android 4.2.

Holy **** at that bezel!

What the **** was Samsung and Google thinking? People are going edge to edge with there display, and Google choose to go thick :x

Google WILL never get the tablet game right. Seriously. Also its pretty hideous looking too, although I should await final pics, the shape / look / color doesn't like that great IMO.

Wow. I really can't believe they're only putting 8GB on this phone. Disappointing for me because I planned to get the Nexus but now I can't because I store my music library on my phone and this won't be nearly enough.

Dude above you posted an article saying a 16gb version is confirmed. Gonna be two models, 8gb and 16gb.

[h2]Nexus 10 captured on video[/h2]
inShare

Google’s upcoming Android event might have been  cancelled, but details of their new Nexus devices continues to leak out. Today the guys at  Brief Mobile  posted a brief video of the Nexus home screen. The preview is only a couple seconds long, but this anonymous source has access to the device and we expect a couple more videos will be shared over the coming days.

New details from the hands-on report include:
  • Screen may be IPS. It was my mistake yesterday writing “Super AMOLED.” We fixed that in our article and sent out a Twitter update about the correction. Our source claims the screen reproduces colors akin to the HTC One X and looks “gorgeous.”
  • Camera takes “excellent” pictures, according to the source
  • Back of the device feels like a faux brushed metal
  • It’s extremely light and thin
Anyone care to guess what the Nexus 10 will retail for?

Last edited:
Anybody else's gnex suck at taking pictures? The picture quality is fine for the most part but the focus on it is terrible. I don't use the camera much in my phones but i used it today and annoyed the hell out of me. Wasn't dark or anything either, was in the middle of the day outside. I tap the screen to focus, it focuses than suddenly unfocuses. Have to do this several times before it focuses and stays focused. WTF? It's done this before but never really paid much attention to it since i don't use the camera often. Is this a software or hardware issue?

Last edited:
Google Cancels Monday’s Android Event Due to Hurricane Sandy
by: Kellex | posted 10.27.12 | News

Google has cancelled the Android event that was to take place in New York on Monday, due to the threat of Hurricane Sandy. No new date for the event has been scheduled just yet. Once we know more from them, we’ll be sure to pass it along.

Anybody else's gnex suck at taking pictures? The picture quality is fine for the most part but the focus on it is terrible. I don't use the camera much in my phones but i used it today and annoyed the hell out of me. Wasn't dark or anything either, was in the middle of the day outside. I tap the screen to focus, it focuses than suddenly unfocuses. Have to do this several times before it focuses and stays focused. WTF? It's done this before but never really paid much attention to it since i don't use the camera often. Is this a software or hardware issue?

only Android device I hear has a good camera is the One X, I caught flack for saying the GS3 Cam was terrible lol

only Android device I hear has a good camera is the One X, I caught flack for saying the GS3 Cam was terrible lol

Quality of the pictures is good enough when it does focus. The lack of focusing is what's killing me. Takes forever to take one picture just cause i don't know when it's gonna focus correctly.

FYI, anyone looking for a Nexus 7 32GB, I just scooped up the last one at my local Office Depot. They had them out since Friday, but no one knew they were for sale. $249. The 16GB is also still $249. 

Now to off my existing 16GB Nexus 7. Anyone know the market price for these? I've seen really low and really high prices.

Holy **** at that bezel!
What the **** was Samsung and Google thinking? People are going edge to edge with there display, and Google choose to go thick :x
Google WILL never get the tablet game right. Seriously. Also its pretty hideous looking too, although I should await final pics, the shape / look / color doesn't like that great IMO.

It would be extremely difficult to comfortably hold a 10" tablet with edge to edge screen. People would be dropping them constantly or at least feel like they're gonna drop it. That wouldn't make sense. The bezel is that size for a reason.

Last edited:
[h1]One more Nexus 4 render leaked, still looks like a Nexus 4[/h1]

By  Phil Nickinson    | Oct 27 2012 | 9:35 am  |  47 COMMENTS

nexus-4-render.jpg

Have we mentioned that there's a  Nexus 4  coming Monday at Google's "Playground" event in New York? Yeah? Good. Here's one more render from the fine folks at @evleaks. Here we get a better look at the bezel surrounding the crystal reflective back (that's LG's new design feature first seen on the Optimus G, and here it's done in the same style as the original Nexus One live wallpaper).

There's not a whole lot to be gleaned from the screen here, either, save for this one's stock Androidinstead of an old custom ROM screenshot  slapped on top. (That should calm the conspiracy theorists a little, maybe.) And the camera app has changed. Huzzah.

Just a couple days to go, folks.

Last edited:

Quality of the pictures is good enough when it does focus. The lack of focusing is what's killing me. Takes forever to take one picture just cause i don't know when it's gonna focus correctly.

Dont wait for it to focus bevause its constantly refocusing, just press the camera button and it will focus once and take the pic.

Got the note 2 ish is awesome. Some ppl think its an ipad mini. Im just disappointed that some of the things advertised arent gunna work till sammy updates

^
The white Note 2 looks amazing. I feel like i'd enjoy using it more than I currently do with my N7 tablet. I want to go to a store and try out the S-pen apps.

Back
Top Bottom