• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not at all. Your just looking for something different because your getting a little bored of the Android platform. Nothing wrong with switching it up bro at the end of the day you'll be back with the new Nexus when it drops after u cop the iPhone 6.
Thanks man but I'm not gonna let apple get me that easily. The iPhone 6 has to be at least on par with the best Android device at the time.

Oh yeah, I actually work for Verizon Wireless so if anyone has questions, ask away. I'm just a customer care rep in a store so keep that in 

mind if you ask me a question.

Any recommended car mounts for the N5? My phone has fallen between my damn seats one too many times :lol:

Last edited:
Yo, what phones are you guys looking forward to?

I still have my Galaxy Nexus. It needs to be upgraded but nothing seems special to me these days.

Don't get me wrong, there are good phones out there but they lack that je ne sequoi.

Faster processors, more pixels in a camera, and fingerprint scanners are cool but they don't convince me to get a new phone.

Only thing pushing me now is the fact that my phone is laggy #ShrugLife

I kind of feel the same way. Still have my Nexus.. and the biggest thing is battery life that's making me want to upgrade. I'm not a fan of the larger phones so the Note isn't really an option.. I'll be most interested in the newest Nexus most likely.

I kind of feel the same way. Still have my Nexus.. and the biggest thing is battery life that's making me want to upgrade. I'm not a fan of the larger phones so the Note isn't really an option.. I'll be most interested in the newest Nexus most likely.

Yup, I'll always be looking for the next Nexus.

Google needs to make all of their AOSP APKs available in the Play Store like they did with the new camera APK. If you want to strengthen your brand, let people install the purest versions on every phone. They need to upload the AOSP dialer to the store.

Via Androidcentral.com

Google Tweets blue-themed Android dialer app, Internet goes wild
Blue-Google-Android.png

Exdialer will.do.this.plus.more

They need to bring back the WebKit AOSP Browser Chrome is awful and it pisses me off that they switched to chromium.

Yeah, I have two batteries that I swap out and still have to charge the dead one before the day is over if I want to use my phone leisurely.

The closest thing to the Galaxy Nexus would be the Moto X. It's a solid phone but I wouldn't my Upgrade on it though.

Oh yeah, I actually work for Verizon Wireless so if anyone has questions, ask away. I'm just a customer care rep in a store so keep that in 

mind if you ask me a question.
Why are you guys so expensive? 
laugh.gif

I swear me just having to talk to them about my plan makes me want to leave. 

$215/month for 2 smartphones, 1 basic phone and 6gb of data 
mean.gif

The only way my bill goes down is if I reduce my monthly data allowance. Even moving to 3 smartphones on the share everything plan and/or move to the edge program and get the $25/month per line discount does nothing. Talking about it will go from $187/month before taxes to $211/$215 
sick.gif

I am about to roll to AT&T once I sell this S4 and grab a N5, get the wife and sister a couple phones and call it a day

Yup, I'll always be looking for the next Nexus.
That's what I was looking for but I'm hearing talk that Verizon may not ever get a Nexus again. The closest thing to it would be the Moto X which is a solid phone.

Still not enough for me though.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/04/hangouts-v2-1-apk-strings-smsmms-backup-google-voice.html
[h1]Hangouts v2.1 APK Has Strings for SMS/MMS Backup, Google Voice and More[/h1]

Per usual, Android Police has just torn down the latest APK for Hangouts which started pushing out last night. They found all kinds of strings for Google Voice, SMS/MMS Backup and a few other goodies. Perhaps the most interesting part here is the Google Voice tidbits in the APK. Which Android Police point out that it’s difficult to tell just exactly how Google Voice will work inside Hangouts, as far as the interface goes. Here’s a tidbit of the code found in the apk:

“<string name=”gv_voicemail_notification_enabled_key”>gv_voicemail_notification_enabled_key</string>

<string name=”gv_voicemail_sound_key”>gv_voicemail_sound_key</string>
<string name=”gv_voicemail_vibrate_key”>gv_voicemail_vibrate_boolean_key</string>
<string name=”google_voice_messages_key”>google_voice_messages_boolean_key</string>
<string name=”gv_sms_notifications_key_title”>Google Voice SMS</string>
<string name=”google_voice_preference_category”>GOOGLE VOICE – %s</string>
<string name=”butter_bar_gv_promo_title”>Migrate Google Voice to Hangouts</string>
<string name=”sms_default_send_from_summary_with_number”>Google Voice – %s</string>
<string name=”sms_default_send_from_summary_without_number”>Google Voice</string>

<string name=”hangout_gv_insufficient_funds_dialog_title”>Call ended</string>
<string name=”hangout_gv_add_balance”>Add Balance</string>
<string name=”google_voice_messages_title”>Messages</string>
<string name=”google_voice_messages_summary”>Show SMS & voicemail in Hangouts</string>
<string name=”google_voice_number_delimeter”>”, “</string>
<string name=”via_gv”>via GV</string>”

There’s also some code for a smart reply for Google Voice as well as text and picture messaging backup. Which is a feature that we have plenty of apps for. And we have been waiting for it to come to the stock messaging app, as it’s been available for most other third-party messaging services.

“<string name=”dump_sms_pref_key”>dump_sms_pref_key</string>
<string name=”dump_mms_pref_key”>dump_mms_pref_key</string>
<string name=”dump_sms_pref_title”>Dump SMS</string>
<string name=”dump_sms_pref_summary”>Dump received SMS raw data into external storage file</string>
<string name=”dump_mms_pref_title”>Dump MMS</string>
<string name=”dump_mms_pref_summary”>Dump received MMS raw data into external storage file</string>
<string name=”email_sms_mms_dump_file_subject”>SMS dump file</string>
<string name=”email_sms_mms_dump_file_chooser_title”>Email SMS dump</string>
<string name=”load_sms_mms_from_dump_file_dialog_title”>Load dump file</string>
<string name=”email_sms_mms_from_dump_file_dialog_title”>Email dump file</string>”

It’ll be interesting to see when these features get enabled in Hangouts. But it’s the start of something bigger, especially with Google Voice. We’ve been hearing that it’ll be integrated since last fall. Which was about 6 months ago. Hopefully we’ll get full blown Google Voice support pretty soon. How many of you are anxiously awaiting Google Voice integration into hangouts? Be sure to let us know in the comments down below.

Last edited:

Why are you guys so expensive? 
laugh.gif

I swear me just having to talk to them about my plan makes me want to leave. 

$215/month for 2 smartphones, 1 basic phone and 6gb of data 
mean.gif

The only way my bill goes down is if I reduce my monthly data allowance. Even moving to 3 smartphones on the share everything plan and/or move to the edge program and get the $25/month per line discount does nothing. Talking about it will go from $187/month before taxes to $211/$215 
sick.gif

I am about to roll to AT&T once I sell this S4 and grab a N5, get the wife and sister a couple phones and call it a day
Go to T-Mobile... They pay off Early Termination Fees

Go to T-Mobile... They pay off Early Termination Fees

Yea 3 phones with tmobile unlimited data would only be $140 a month

Edit.. sorry it is $180 a month. looks like tmobile raised their prices but it is still $60 per line not to bad. if you need less data, your bill will be cheaper

If he need one of those lines with 5gb data it will be $170 per month

Last edited:
Just know what you're getting yourself into. As far as data goes, after a certain amount has been used, they'll bump you down to 3G speeds (it's called throttling). Also, they're network is not as robust as ours so get ready for dropped calls and loss of service. 

Question though: does that $140 include the price of the 3 phones you'd be paying for monthly? (assuming you buy new phones)

Just know what you're getting yourself into. As far as data goes, after a certain amount has been used, they'll bump you down to 3G speeds (it's called throttling). Also, they're network is not as robust as ours so get ready for dropped calls and loss of service. 

Question though: does that $140 include the price of the 3 phones you'd be paying for monthly? (assuming you buy new phones)
that's not true. If you have the truly unlimited plan you do not get throttle down.

In addition if you are on a major market have no fear. The coverage is great. NYC gets LTE everywhere ... Boston everywhere San Diego everywhere.

Had it for a month and been happy with it.

Used 26Gb and was still avg 30 downs.

Last edited:
If you can get truly unlimited and get good service tmo is pretty good. I like att here in MN and my unlimited grandfathered plan is cheap.. They throttle me after a certain amount but I've never reached my cap I don't use my data much I'm on wifi at work and at home

Nope.

I went to go get 1 line with Unlimited data and i was looking 110 a month with a note 3.

People in here posting these plans for tmobile and att that are cheap but when i go to get them people look in store look at me like im crazy.

Last edited:
Yea that is the issue, T-Mobile is not too good out here in central VA. I am going to hit up my boy at AT&T and switch over there. They are still doing the $100 per line you open credit, so I will get another $300 right there credited on that account, and I will just pay off what is left on VZW.

VZW customers, Free $25 gift card when you download isis wallet and add an American Express Serve card. It's basically an NFC payment feature that allows you to tap your phone at the time of payment at selected retailers. The locations that I know accept isis wallet are McDonald's, Foot Locker and American Eagle. I've downloaded it and it's legit, no strings attached.

I work for a vzw retailer and we have a contest going for who can add the most. If you feel like helping me out, pm me and i'll let you know what i'll need to get credit for your participation.

You have to have an security enhanced nfc card. It's white 4g sim, most newer devices such as the s5 come with them already. iphone users, sorry but it's a little more complicated for you, you have to have an nfc case.

Last edited:

Tmobile doesnt throttle on unlimited plans. and no it doesnt include the phones. If he switch he can sell his smart phones and buy tmoble phones

Yea that is the issue, T-Mobile is not too good out here in central VA. I am going to hit up my boy at AT&T and switch over there. They are still doing the $100 per line you open credit, so I will get another $300 right there credited on that account, and I will just pay off what is left on VZW.
check the coverage maps.major cities covered.. Looks like att isnt any better

Back
Top Bottom