• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you can send it in. Or bring it to a retail location.
i know he couldve sent it or brought it to a retail location before without a doubt. but who knows now that the m8 is out they might not show you love. htc's customer service is...50/50 at best. but try it tho, it cant hurt.

and thank you to the people coming in here being honest about that htc one m7 camera. dude is seriously in denial. the m8 camera is supposedly the same minus the pink/purple tint and o.i.s. I went on vacation 2 weeks ago. Cruise all through east Caribbean and had to take my old mytouch4g-slide along just for its camera because i knew the htc one wouldnt cut it. it turned out to be a great decision. like someone above said, htc makes the best looking hardware. and honestly their HARDWARE has been the best out for the past year or two... but until they swallow their pride and fix their ONLY Achilles heel which is the camera, theyll be 2nd place or lower. If they could just swallow their pride and say "ok, ultrapixels... dumb idea. were sorry." and add a standard 13mp camera theyd have gold on their hands. but theyre so behind the industry standard man smhhhh

Just hopped on the ShowBoz bandwagon... Works pretty good so far on my phone alone

Now to try and get it to cast to my TV

Welp, accidentally dropped my S3 and cracked the screen. Need to get another phone since I'm slicing up my hands using this joint right now
laugh.gif

I was planning to wait for the LG G3 but need something now. Trying to decide between the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5. Leaning towards the M8.

Any opinions? Is the camera on the M8 THAT bad?

Welp, accidentally dropped my S3 and cracked the screen. Need to get another phone since I'm slicing up my hands using this joint right now :lol:

I was planning to wait for the LG G3 but need something now. Trying to decide between the HTC One M8 and Galaxy S5. Leaning towards the M8.

Look back on the last page, there was a short discussion on it.

Check out reviews, side by side images. The camera on the M7 isn't BAD. It gets the job done, but yes, it is inferior to other high end phones IMO. The camera does do well in low light though.

On a side note I wish Google Camera would give us the option to put a square grid (1:1).

Last edited:
Is there a way to permanently change my LCD size? I like it at around 400 and use LCDdensity to do it, but every time I turn my phone off I gotta go back in there and do it agian. A minor inconvenience but still.

Texdroider DPI or a build.prop edit will do the trick.
good looks breh

Found this little app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.achep.acdisplay

Makes the lockscreen like the Moto X screens.
what's the battery drain like?

4.4.3 better fix these wake locks and battery drainage on the N5 :smh:
According to the articles I read it does. I might do it myself, gravitybox gives me all the stuff I really want no need for a custom Rom

I just hate going through the process of getting a new Rom on your phone. So much effort to get the apps back and set them all up

Last edited:

Welp, accidentally dropped my S3 and cracked the screen. Need to get another phone since I'm slicing up my hands using this joint right now
laugh.gif

Camera on the M8 is not bad at all.  Is it the absolute best on the market? No, but it still is a good camera.  Dont get sucked into blatant exaggerations.

And in the mean time but place some strips of clear tape(or a screen protector) over the cracked screen to stop the glass from slicing your fingers while you are on the search for your new phone. (I know this wont be the prettiest option but it will help you temporarily)

Last edited:

laugh.gif

if youre a person who wants your phone to become your main camera, and u do more with your pics than just instagram...then you need to reconsider. again, 4 "ultra" pixels simply introduce too much noise and lack of detail when a picture is barely zoomed in on. the lack of detail is noticeable in bigger photos. look at the pics the dude jewseejay posted. actually click them and look. if you can deal with that, then go for it. me? im done with htc. next phone will be a galaxy s6 or better.

Dude I think the 4s camera is as good as the M8. No matter what you tell yourself, that camera is buns for 2014.

^^ I was gonna say that but I didn't want people to freak
forget them freaking. tell the truth man. i try to save people from making the same mistakes i did. that m7 camera was a damn MISTAKE and so is the m8 in my opinion. enough on the subject though

Dude I think the 4s camera is as good as the M8. No matter what you tell yourself, that camera is buns for 2014.

Is there something wrong with the 4s cam? Yall kill me

It never ends. Your never gunna have the best anything in a phone for long... Its about the best packageee. There comes a point ur improving things that jus dont need it. Soon as the g3 drops dudes will say all older displays are obsolete

Is there something wrong with the 4s cam? Yall kill me

It never ends. Your never gunna have the best anything in a phone for long... Its about the best packageee. There comes a point ur improving things that jus dont need it. Soon as the g3 drops dudes will say all older displays are obsolete

You missed the point. The point I was making is that the 4s came out almost 3 years ago and has a better camera than the M8 which is a flagship of 2014.

And you are right about staying up to date but there is no reason why HTC couldn't have given us something to work with for the last two years.

You missed the point. The point I was making is that the 4s came out almost 3 years ago and has a better camera than the M8 which is a flagship of 2014.

And you are right about staying up to date but there is no reason why HTC couldn't have given us something to work with for the last two years.

You actually missed the point... Theyre saying you dont need something than whats been around for yearsss to take decent pics. The front camera is a standard 5mp hah you think it was an accident?

Goback and look at my pics taken with a fourrr year old driod charge and tell me what nedds improved and why.

Now evrrbodys a photo elitist. Get a decent camera if u wabt... A decent camera. Or a nokia

I was comparing the camera quality on phones. That was my point. Specifically the M8/M7 compared to the competition. The cameras just are not good.

When we buy new phones we compare things and if you compare the camera it is not even close.

Back
Top Bottom