• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man this is some bull, won't let me login to purchase the phone. A lot of people are going through the same thing.

I didn't have that problem
nerd.gif
Did you order today? There's a bunch of threads on the oneplus forums of people not being able to login to the store.

I came across this SMS app in alpha/beta stage called QKSMS. I joined the testing group and it is a really nice SMS app. I know a lot of you guys still dont't merge Hangouts to do everything, so I thought you might be interested.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/qksms-beautiful-sms-app-t2762148

Here is the G+ community to join and be a tester and try it out if you want to: https://plus.google.com/communities/113548623434189541823
I'm trying it now. So far so good.

I haven't used gchat in ages so I'm missing nothing by leaving Hangouts (except for the swipe-to-archive function, which I hope QKSMS will add soon).

Last edited:
^ there seem to be some updates over the past week or so wrt MMS. I would guess it's still buggy though. haven't gotten any MMS tonight myself but I'll post once I do.

[COLOR=#red]The overall hate for Samsung overshadows just how great the Samsung Galaxy S5 is. I stated the facts about the features of the S5 and no other smartphone out now competes overall with those features save for it not having a QHD screen. I'm not even talking about the gimmicks.

Also the new music streaming app Milk takes a steaming dump on anything out now and it's a Samsung exclusive.

Peeps can continue to hate on Samsung, just understand who runs the smartphone business...They just beat out Apple as the biggest smartphone company...although that's gonna change once the iPhone 6 is released. I mean Samsung had to do something to be at the top...if not why isn't your favorite smartphone manufacturer on top?

I'll wait for some real answers...and saying people are sheep will not suffice.
[/COLOR]

It definitely sells but it is gimmicky no matter how you look at it. And the are compromises because of it. Holla at in me in a year with an un-rooted S5. The performance is already not where it should be, the camera somehow performs worse in low light than the S4. No and no. And it is still plastic

And those features are cool but not practical. How many times you gonna have BBQ sauce on your fingers and want to swipe through your gallery? Or be watching a video and need it to pause when you look away? And all the other basura. Take away those features and give me M8 performance and a better camera.

At least the note makes a lil more sense with the S-pen features.

Last edited:
People still want to argue about plastic? Because a phone is made out of aluminum or whatever else does not mean it's better or the "build quality" is better. Of all the phones I've ever held I prefer the "plastic" feel waaaaay more than I did my iPhone or htc one. They are just more comfortable to hold and feel 10x better in the hand. While you may prefer the "premium" aluminum feel.. Others prefer the plastic or rubber feel, and I actually think that those are also more durable.

And most those people raving about build quality throwing big *** rubber cases on their phone to protect it's "build quality"

Last edited:
The s pen was glorious for inpromptu meme creation and clowning on random things/ppl. I miss it. Love my m8 to death but i definately see the N4 in my future

Dont think ill ever own a galaxy S line phone again. Until they start over from a UI perspective anyway. You almost need the added specs ofbthe note line too compensate for future updates that will jus drain resources n demolish battery life. The Charge was revolutionary and after that my s3 but afer rockin the N2 for sometime its obvious the Note line is their baby. When i had that phone i didnt use my PC or ipads at all. The inch makes a substantial difference for browsing/viewing. Jus wish i could throw these boom sound speakers on it. And the radios. Samsung call quality/reception is :x

Last edited:
They are gimmicky but it works for most people. The performance suffers because of all those 'features.' G
People still want to argue about plastic? Because a phone is made out of aluminum or whatever else does not mean it's better or the "build quality" is better. Of all the phones I've ever held I prefer the "plastic" feel waaaaay more than I did my iPhone or htc one. They are just more comfortable to hold and feel 10x better in the hand. While you may prefer the "premium" aluminum feel.. Others prefer the plastic or rubber feel, and I actually think that those are also more durable.

And most those people raving about build quality throwing big *** rubber cases on their phone to protect it's "build quality"

I don't uses cases and I really don't like plastic phones. But the point I made was not entirely about plastic phones

Back
Top Bottom