• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it will be an amazing device.. Comes down to personal preference if you'll like their operating system or not.

@blasdiaz  that wallpaper is fire, nice setup

yall got me wanting that OPO again 
mean.gif

how do I access that joint?

You gotta download an app called Zooper. You have to get the pro version, it's 2.49. Download the file I posted and put it in the templates folder in the Zooper folder. Then create a Zooper widget on your home screen and select the clock.

I think it will be an amazing device.. Comes down to personal preference if you'll like their operating system or not.
im not worried about OS, easy learning curve messing with the ipad... just camera, video recording, and DLing stuff...

Gonna be close

Aye what's good man what you GON do!? i6? Or N4?

Or are you gonna keep what you have?

Last edited:
im not worried about OS, easy learning curve messing with the ipad... just camera, video recording, and DLing stuff...
Judging by the sizes of the new one..they'll basically be a smaller version of the iPad :lol: except no doubt a better camera than the iPad. I have the iPad Air and I'm not sure if I'll need a phone like this..but at the same time I do also have an iPhone 5 that I stopped using in favor of the OPO

Man that looks good. Note 4 or i6!?

Gonna be close

Aye what's good man what you GON do!? i6? Or N4? Or are you gonna keep what you have?

We will see how the OPO goes the next few days..but I was happy with its performance today..grabbing the package in the mail at 8:30 turning it on at 38% and dat joint took me through my whole work day no problems. But we will see as they announce more stuff about it. Not against getting it that's for sure, but not feeling like I need to at the moment.

Last edited:
Been with Android for 4 years now. I want a change of scenery, but I'm off-contract (pre-paid T-mobile) and I'm not willing to shell out $6-700 for the iPhone 6.

Most likely going with the Nexus 6. Maybe the M8 if it fails to impress.

That 2nd update people with the OPO are getting the is the next update for the official 4.4.4.

Added the heads up pop up notifications is one of the things added.

Last edited:
i have the ipad air also... camera is horrible on something of that size... from the s2, note 2, note 3... really debating about the note 4 or iphone 6...

Probably gonna get the M8 this week with Verizon seeing how most of yall have a positive experience with it, unlimited data was cool while it lasted. :smh:

For the people who have their apps pinned to the home screen do you always go back home to switch apps?

I don't have any apps on my home screen, I use a sidebar and its so much easier for multitasking and saves time between apps

[h1]Samsung Galaxy Alpha unveiled, has a metal frame[/h1]
12 August, 2014 | Comments (121)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroid

There will be no shared spotlight at IFA then, Samsung unveiled the premium Samsung Galaxy Alphaweeks before the scheduled Galaxy Note 4 announcement.

The premium device has a metal frame exposed on the sides and a faux leather back similar to the Galaxy S5. The Galaxy Alpha is a preemptive strike against a bigger iPhone, it measures just 6.7mm thick and weighs 115g. It's other dimensions are 132.4 x 65.5, comparable to those of the Galaxy S5 mini.
gsmarena_001.jpg

The Alpha flagship packs a larger screen, however, a 4.7" Super AMOLED with 720p resolution. The phone's heart is an Exynos 5 Octa built up of four Cortex-A15 cores (1.8GHz) and four Cortex-A7 cores (1.3GHz). There's 2GB of RAM and 32GB of non-expandable storage.

It will run Android 4.4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz on top including S Health and Ultra-low power mode. The phone will pack a fingerprint reader, heart-rate sensor and will be compatible with the Samsung Gear smartwatches.

The main camera is a 12MP shooter (it's not clear yet if it's ISOCELL or not) accompanied by a 2.1MP selfie camera.

Samsung Galaxy Alpha color options

The Samsung Galaxy Alpha boasts LTE Cat. 6 connectivity, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 . All of that will be powered by a relatively small 1,860mAh battery. Color options include Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver and Scuba Blue.

The phone will launch in 150 countries in September. Info from Russia  points to a September 12 launch at RUB 25,000 ($690 / €515) price tag. Keep in mind phone prices in Russia are typically higher than in most of the world.

[h1]Nexus 6 flaunts Snapdragon 805 on AnTuTu[/h1]
12 August, 2014 | Comments (32)  | Post your comment

Tags: MotorolaAndroidRumors

Hot on the heels off an appearance on GFXBench  flaunting a Nexus 6 name alongside its Motorola Shamu codename, it's now time for AnTuTu and we've got more details.

The Motorola Shamu will not be opting for a Snapdragon 801 chip with Adreno 330 but rather the next big thing from Qualcomm - a Snapdragon 805 chipset with a quad-core Krait 450 processor working at 2,65GHz, 3GB of RAM and the Adreno 420 GPU.
gsmarena_001.jpg

AnTuTu's database has the device under the name Google shamu, which seems to solidify the rumor that this will indeed be the Nexus 6. The device carries a 5.2" QHD (1,440 x 2,560 pixles) display with around 564 ppi for unmatched sharpness.

The camera on the back will be a 13MP unit coupled with a 2.1MP one for the front. Finally the Shamu will be adorned with Android L for good measure - adding even more fuel to the Nexus fire.

Hopefully we're looking at an announcement soon at some fancy Google event where all geeky eyes will be on the search giant to refresh the very popular, but now aging Nexus 5.

Back
Top Bottom