• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup. I'm on 4.4.4. We'll see how long this will last. I wont change anything till I get less than 3.5 hrs. :lol:

Im usually good at this stuff but I am lost currently. my gnex currently is soft bricked I don't have a backup or any zips that I can currently flash. I used to know how to used adb commands but nothing comes up when I type devices. I think this is due to the fact that I didn't have usb debugging enabled prior to the wipe. am I too far gone?

EDIT: nevermind it was a driver issue that was keeping the device from entering fastboot all is good back to stock now.

Last edited:
Seriously thinking about getting a contract with T-Mobile just for the N6, but I'm going to hold off to see the reviews. Don't want another good phone ruined by a crappy battery.

There's already some battery test out there it's said to be pretty good. Not as good in the test as the turbo and n4 but I think it topped other phones like the 6+

There's already some battery test out there it's said to be pretty good. Not as good in the test as the turbo and n4 but I think it topped other phones like the 6+

Cool. I want to see the what the users in this thread have to say, once it's out in the wild.

1st charge with refurb N5. ReInstalled most of my apps. All stock. No root. Just changed brightness & location to battery saving.

Got 4:25 OST
mean.gif
Mail it to me please. I bought mine from T-Mobile i'm screwed 
mean.gif

Cool. I want to see the what the users in this thread have to say, once it's out in the wild.

Yea I don't doubt the N6 has great battery life. Plus that turbo charging is a great feature and im sure will come in handy. I always go home and throw my phone on the charger just to pull it off again in like 20 minutes to step out again.

1st charge with refurb N5. ReInstalled most of my apps. All stock. No root. Just changed brightness
Mail it to me please. I bought mine from T-Mobile i'm screwed :smh:
:lol: yea if I decide to get the N6 then I'm only buying it from Google. Gonna wait till carriers get them so I can see it in-hand. Pretty sure I'm not gonna like the size though and just stick with the N5 for another year...

Any Note 4 users get any scratches on their screen? I'm for sure taking good care of this device and somehow I have scratches on the screen. And it's not like I'm putting them in the same pocket as my car keys or anything like that. I have no idea how they materialized

I don't believe it! After all this time, lol

http://phandroid.com/2014/11/10/google-voice-can-now-send-native-mms-to-all-carriers/

[h1]Google Voice can now send native MMS to all carriers[/h1]

Nov 10th 2014 by Joe Fedewa

Google-Voice1.png

Google Voice users, this is the day you have been waiting for. Google Voice can now send native MMS to all major carriers in the US and Canada. No workarounds, no emails, no short URLs. Photos appear inline like you would expect from any carrier number. Support for group messaging via MMS will be enabled in a future update.

For a long time there was no way to send or receive MMS with a Google Voice number, but that changed last month. In early October it became possible to send photos to non-GV users, but they would get a link to the photo instead of seeing it in the message, and it didn’t work at all for Verizon users. Now everything is working as you would expect. All major carriers in the US and Canada can receive inline MMS from Google Voice users. Rejoice!

Do you still use Google Voice?

[via Google+]
Edit: See they still have a future update for group messaging though, lol
Soon....

Last edited:
Crazy. I cant wait until Hangouts has the quick option to switch from Google Voice to your Regular number instead of having to go to settings all the time. It really helps especially when selling stuff on CL. Otherwise I have no other use for it haha sms and mms are pratically free now.

Have been searching around and thought I would try my luck in here. I recently switched to using textra for my SMS/MMS. However, every time I try to send a picture from my camera or gallery. I always get the message "Message content is too large" I checked in the MMS settings and all looks good. Any ideas?

NVM....figured out verizon limit is 1.2MB.

Last edited:

[h1]Lollipop on the LG G3: Leaked build offers a sneak peek at what's coming[/h1]

lp-g3.jpg

SMARTPHONES
By Alex Dobie  | Nov 09 2014 | 5:09 pm  | 150 Comments

LG surprised Android enthusiasts today  by announcing that it intends to begin updating the its flagship G3  to Android 5.0 Lollipop  starting next week. The update will be available in Poland first, before rolling out to other territories. And hot on the heels of the announcement, a couple of leaked builds have begun doing the rounds online, giving us an early look at what to expect from Lollipop when it arrives — imminently — on the G3.

A few notes before we begin:
  • Our screenshots come from software version 19H, the latest of the two leaked builds to surface. It's based on Android 5.0 build LRX21M, same build number as the current Nexus 9firmware.
  • This is leaked pre-release firmware, so there's no guarantee what you see here will reflect the final G3 Lollipop update. In fact, it probably won't. Expect changes.
  • This build is available as a KDZ file over on XDA, thanks to poster rainbowsixpro1
Upon starting up the G3 Lollipop firmware, you're presented with the new Android 5.0 setup assistant, which works the same as it does on stock Android devices. You can add Wifi networks and Google accounts, and use the Tap & Go feature to bring settings over from another Android phone if you want. After that, you're prompted to set up G3-specific stuff like KnockOn. (And we can probably expect more additions here once the U.S. carriers get their claws into Lollipop.)

The LG UI hasn't undergone any massive visual changes in this pre-release build. The KitKat-style on-screen buttons remain (though there's no telling whether that'll be true of the final shipping build.) And LG's launcher works just as it always has done, with widgets contained in a separate tap in the app drawer. The redesigned Recents menu and app drawer are present and correct, however, and with the exception of the "clear all" and "dual window" buttons, the latter appears identical to stock Android.

lg-g3-lp-3pics.jpg

The notification shade is a merger of vanilla Lollipop with a few LG tweaks. The quick settings are contained above your notifications, and user-switching and Settings can be launched using the icons in the top right corner. The animation for pulling down the notification shade is a bit less elaborate than what we've seen on Nexus devices, and lock screen notifications are also somewhat more basic. Again, it's unclear whether this will change when LG's Lollipop update is pushed out over the air.

Lollipop's priority notification system is also present, though with a slightly different skin, allowing you to see only important notifications, or none at all. For the most part, though, the Settings app is more or less the same as it was in KitKat, with the exception of some new animated flourishes for button taps and over-scrolling. Similarly, LG's own apps including the Dialer, Messages and Calendar, are largely unchanged in this version. On the whole, there's more LG influence to be seen here than Material Design, however we don't know how things will change between this build and the final one.

LG may be ready to start pushing out Lollipop to some G3 handsets very soon, and it's probably premature to draw any firm conclusions from leaked firmware in the meantime. In any case, the Korean manufacturer may well be first to deliver all the features of Android 5.0 to its flagship phone, while sticking with the flattened, geometric visual style it's been developing over the past year.

Check out more screenshots in the gallery below, and share your thoughts down in the comments.

LG G3 Lollipop

g3-lp-01.jpg

1  / 21

g3-lp-01.jpg

g3-lp-02.jpg

g3-lp-03.jpg

g3-lp-04.jpg

g3-lp-05.jpg

g3-lp-06.jpg

g3-lp-07.jpg

g3-lp-08.jpg

g3-lp-09.jpg

g3-lp-10.jpg

g3-lp-11.jpg

g3-lp-12.jpg

g3-lp-13.jpg

g3-lp-14.jpg

g3-lp-15.jpg

g3-lp-16.jpg

g3-lp-17.jpg

g3-lp-18.jpg

g3-lp-19.jpg

g3-lp-20.jpg

g3-lp-21.jpg

[h3]ALEX DOBIE  Managing Editor[/h3]
"AC's resident Brit, cooking up piping-hot bowls of European Android coverage every day."

3413 (articles)

Just updated to V10L on the G3 and notice no changes, maybe less lag that's all, and it took forever. Now lollipops coming, hopefully soon to australia

Just canceled my Note 4 order after T-Mobile finally told me the phone is on a 2-6 week backorder. I'm was on the hunt again and hit up a T-Mobile by my job and unbelievably John Legere the T-Mobile CEO was just in there chilling nobody even knew who he was. I was the only dude who recognized him **** was surreal

Haven't been in this thread in years :lol:

Anyway, after 2 years with my S3, i'm getting the Nexus 6 on Wednesday. Going to a t-mobile store in the city and hoping for no lines or anything.

Just canceled my Note 4 order after T-Mobile finally told me the phone is on a 2-6 week backorder. I'm was on the hunt again and hit up a T-Mobile by my job and unbelievably John Legere the T-Mobile CEO was just in there chilling nobody even knew who he was. I was the only dude who recognized him **** was surreal

He was in town for a NYC employee meeting. What color Note 4 do u want? PM me I work for a TMo store in Manhattan and may be able to help

Crazy. I cant wait until Hangouts has the quick option to switch from Google Voice to your Regular number instead of having to go to settings all the time. It really helps especially when selling stuff on CL. Otherwise I have no other use for it haha sms and mms are pratically free now.

My Hangouts still hasn't prompted me for GV integration. I need to read on how to get that going. :lol:

I have the $30 T-mobile plan, looking to get a contract with them for the N6, but man their data sucks for individual plans. $50 for 1GB and $60 for 3GB blows :smh:

I have the $30 T-mobile plan, looking to get a contract with them for the N6, but man their data sucks for individual plans. $50 for 1GB and $60 for 3GB blows :smh:

I've been using this plan for the past month, loving it so far (N5). Get LTE almost everywhere and only really lose signal in some underground buildings on campus

So they keep putting your phone on backorder, they have your phone money, your upset over this because they told again another 2-6 weeks, you see the CEO of tmobile in the store but you didnt bring this to his attention?  Unbeliveable

Back
Top Bottom