• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've tried several different browsers and none let me sign into NT. Just the stock. Anybody else have this issue?

Well.. after a few weeks of the Asus Zenfone 2 I'll give a little review.

I bought the 64 gig, 4g ram version. My original one was a complete dud. Seems like the OS was never properly installed so after 2 days of exchanges and getting Metro PCS sim to work I was finally up and running.

Performance: Flawless. 4Gigs of ram is awesome. I haven't had one lag since I've bought the phone. There's even an option to quickly free up ram in the quick settings that works great. 2Gigs I might notice some lag, but absolutely nothing with the 4gig. Apps open fast, and don't seem to freeze.

Screen: Its cool. I wouldn't say it was remarkable, but I haven't watched a ton of stuff on it either. My biggest gripe was the brightness settings. It wouldn't get very bright. I downloaded a 3rd party brightness app though and its been great since.

Size: At first it was very big for me. I have small hands with sausage fingers, but after a few weeks its nothing. Its just takes getting used to like anything else.

Battery: Great. I'm not sure what a lot of you are doing with your phones, but the battery for me is excellent. I listen to music all day at work, some videos and I still have more than half a charge by the end of the day. I feel like certain apps are the biggest drain (i.e. facebook) so I just use their website instead of the app. Seems to work much better.
Quick charge is also the GOAT. 45 mins for your battery to be full.

Camera: I went to a concert and pics came out good. Normal pics come out great. This was my biggest concern coming from the Nexus 4. Seemed like it would always take multiple times for me to get a good pic. Theres TONS of settings in the camera too which I like. Probably 20 quick settings for low light, movement etc.

As far as software goes, with the 4gig of ram, i don't see any performance issues with the bloat ware. I even left some of it active. I have some issues with Android 5.0, but thats not Asus' problem.

My biggest issue was their stock texting app. Its just not that good. I'm using google messenger now. Works great, I just have a minor issue with the space button.

All in all for $300 its a fantastic phone. I really don't have any major complaints other than the pain in the *** to get my sim to work, and android OS itself. Again, not Asus' problem. I would have been upset if I settled for the 2 gig version though.

Any questions? Shoot.

Last edited:
I need your help fellas.  I'm looking for a phone and I'm on a tight budget ($250).

Decent camera, solid battery life, stock Android + good dev support to help increase it's longevity with me are what I need most.  

I don't do much video watching so a huge screen isn't that necessary. 

I was leaning toward getting an N5 or 2nd gen Moto X.   Appreciate any help.

I need your help fellas.  I'm looking for a phone and I'm on a tight budget ($250).

Decent camera, solid battery life, stock Android + good dev support to help increase it's longevity with me are what I need most.  

Nexus 5 is not the phone for you. The camera was decent for me when I used it, but that battery life is going to cause you some issues. Without regular access to a charger, I wouldn't even consider it.

The 2nd gen Moto X, on the other hand, sounds like the perfect phone for you.

Other good options would be the HTC One M8 or the Sony Xperia Z2. The Z2 doesn't have stock android, but its probably everything you're looking for and the Xperia theming isn't all too bad.

Zenfone2, OneTouch Idol 3, and the MotoX.  Seen the 2014 version of the X on sale quite a bit lately. 

2nd gen Moto X is still a very solid phone. Both the N6 and Moto X are good options. I have JUMP and I'm planning on holding onto my Nexus 6 until the next nexus comes. Z4/Z3+ is interesting too, but I'll have to see it in person.

i really want to try the z4. phone always looked clean to me.

Any T Mobile users' text messages stop working today? I even tried to text myself and no luck.

Any T Mobile users' text messages stop working today? I even tried to text myself and no luck.
Yooo I just came in here to ask the same question. I'm using textra and nothing has been going through since about 330 pm PST
I switched to Hangouts and still nothing. Been like this since like 8:30 PM EST

Please dont let this be an extended thing like the last time.

At least its not just me. I better get all these texts that are missing in limbo right now T-Mobile this isnt a game.

Last edited:
Crazy, I'm on T-Mobile as well... I'm over here flashing 10 different roms thinking something is wrong

My girl blowing up my phone like "why aren't you answering?" :lol:

This is nuts

That's why I like Verizon. Expensive but I never have any issues like that.
Ill gladly miss a text message. I remembered i signed up with verizon with cousins to try them out.
My first bill came for 600 dollars for lines talking about proration and ****.
Hit them with the nope and returned all my **** before the 14 days. The service i didnt see much of a difference. I had 1-2 bars on my iphone 6 all the time. And internet speeds was mediocre for the most part. Idk if it was just a weird experience or if its just how they are.

Never had anything like that happen. I use to have T-Mobile. It's decent if you live in a city. I was living in the sticks for awhile. No service available. Paying for a phone I could never use put a bad taste in my mouth about em. Verizon worked great out there.

Back
Top Bottom