Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:stoneface:

Free apps & music ain't enough for a few minutes of your time?

ive used ONE paid app in the 5-6 years I've used android and it was the $1 add on for textra ad free and I listen to music through spotify only so it's pretty much pointless for me.

For me
  • Shuttle+
  • titanium backup
  • Drastic DS
  • Iride UI
  • textra
  • Reddit is Fun
  • Nova
  • Swype

Half of which I bought out of pocket before realizing Google Rewards existed. No regrets with purchasing any of those. And I like the idea of supporting (mostly) normal folk like you and I who have spent countless hours working on their respective apps.

Someone on Android Central got the 5x already

Pics look crisp af

And that's the 5x so imagine how good the 6p camera is. Battery life should be great. If so I might sell my moto x

Last edited:
Finally all of the tech reviewers uploading 6p and 5x videos. But I'm still sold on v10 overall SD card and removable battery >>>>

Finally all of the tech reviewers uploading 6p and 5x videos. But I'm still sold on v10 overall SD card and removable battery >>>>

Man, I would really rethink that if I were you. The V10 seems like a nice phone, I haven't tried it myself...but who knows when LG will push Marshmallow to it?

6p looking like the first complete Nexus phone ever made.

Only knock I can see is that damn size. Is it bigger than the N6?

Man, I would really rethink that if I were you. The V10 seems like a nice phone, I haven't tried it myself...but who knows when LG will push Marshmallow to it?

With LG having 6.0 ready for the G4 so soon, don't you think it'll be a relatively quick turnaround with the V10 considering the 808 and other similar specs?

Idk, I'd be more concerned with it being delayed at the carrier level. I'd like to think that the neglect endured by the Flex was more a cause of poor sales than anything else.

Last edited:
Still deciding if I should return my 6s plus for that nexus 6p. Idk about that 6p bezel, and 810 chip. The 6 plus is a beast coming from the G3 n note 5

So its looking like the 6p has

- BEST Camera

- BEST Battery Life

- BEST Speakers

- Great Build Quality

- Amazing Performance/ Best RAM Management

- FASTEST Quick charge

- Top 3 display

Cons

- Huge

- Cable's are cumbersome

- Not available on carriers

... S6 Edge plus its been real bruh

Last edited:

I was gonna buy the note 5, but the lack of sd card and removable battery are major setback for me.. i drive thru my state of wisconsin for work. i have tmobile and there parts of wisconsin where i dont get internet service so i dont have the luxury to stream my music. Thats why i love my sd card i have all my music libary on 128 gb sd card. also im deep into rooting phones so im pretty sure there will be a rom out there with 6.0 or even clean bloat free rom with out LG UI crap.

Embargo was lifted, so reviews of the 6P and 5X are out:

ArsTechnica
The true flagships—all other Android devices are second-class citizens

This year, we see a gap widening between Nexus devices and every other Android phone. If you're buying an Android device and want the fastest updates, the longest update support time, the best security program, zero crapware, the best software design, a cohesive app ecosystem, and the latest features from Google, you need to buy a Nexus. Every other Android phone pales in comparison to the Nexus 5X and 6P.

Before, buying a Nexus meant you had to deal with a bad camera or poor battery life, but the Nexus 5X and 6P are the first Android devices built with few to no compromises. The one thing you could complain about is the lack of wireless charging, but we can deal with that. The camera on a Nexus is finally good. The 12.3 MP cameras can hang with phones that are nearly twice the price of the 5X.

In some ways these devices feel like a combination of the best ideas from the Android ecosystem. You get Motorola's ambient display and always-on voice commands, LG's laser auto focus, and Google's software design, security, and fast updates. This year's crop of Nexus phones are devices that stand alone atop the Android ecosystem, with a combination of features you won't find anywhere else. If you're in the market for an Android phone, you've run out of excuses not to get a Nexus.

Good

Always-on "Ok Google" voice commands are some of the best features we've seen added to a smartphone, and these are two of the few devices that support them.
Ambient display allows you to see a notification without having to unlock or touch the phone.
An excellent camera. That's right, a Nexus camera is finally good.
Stock Android's material design means you'll have a software package that is consistent with the rest of the Android ecosystem.
The most secure Android phones. Three years of fast monthly security updates means that while the rest of the Android ecosystem is vulnerable, these devices should be OK.
The fastest, most reliable OS updates mean you'll get new features faster than anyone else and (hopefully) won't be abandoned by your OEM.
The fingerprint reader is fast and accurate, and the new APIs in Marshmallow mean apps should support it soon.
Bad

Large top and bottom bezels feel like a step backward for phone design.
Anorexic 8mm and 7.5mm bodies could have been expanded to fit more battery. The thinness war is dumb.
The rear-mounted fingerprint sensor won't work out for everyone.
Ugly

No Qualcomm quick charging or wireless charging. If you invested in either of these power standards, you're out of luck.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...he-true-flagships-of-the-android-ecosystem/3/

Last edited:

With LG having 6.0 ready for the G4 so soon, don't you think it'll be a relatively quick turnaround with the V10 considering the 808 and other similar specs?

Idk, I'd be more concerned with it being delayed at the carrier level. I'd like to think that the neglect endured by the Flex was more a cause of poor sales than anything else.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Carriers always hold up that process.

Back
Top Bottom