• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it would actually be illegal if all the major phone manufacturers got together to strategize. Not sure how that would fly legally in the US

@af1 nike, z play is my secondary device so i haven't been on it much, but i can say with confidence that it's better than the note 7 battery, which is my daily device for now.

I received the z at 9 am, played around with the camera and on the Internet on and off and it has only deleted about 15-20%. Note probably would be dead had I not been charging it periodically throughout the day.

Doing a side by side comparison of the screen color, the Samsung is POOR. I definitely recall seeing a decline in color accuracy after coming from the v10, but seeing it side by side with another device with vibrant colors really puts the note to shame. Blacks are ashy, reds are orangey, white is a little dingy. Sheesh, that s pen really forced me to put up with a lot of bs.

Last edited:
It seems like Apple took its easy this year and took a half step with the 7 and 7+ but still ******** all over the android field

Samsung rep is in the dumpster.

Pixel is not waterproof no stereo speakers and is expensive for what it is.

Sony falling off

HTC falling off.

LG don't know what they're doing.

Motorola hasn't recovered

Da landscape looking shaky af now b. :smh:

Last edited:
It seems like Apple took its easy this year and took a half step with the 7 and 7+ but still ******** all over the android field

Samsung rep is in the dumpster.

Pixel is not waterproof no stereo speakers and is expensive for what it is.

Sony falling off

HTC falling off.

LG don't know what they're doing.

Motorola hasn't recovered
The Pixel is expensive for what it is for sure, but the iPhone falls into the exact same camp as the Pixel. It has been overpriced for years  

Overpriced because it's the only phone that runs iOS.

The pixel isn't the only phone that runs Android (even though it's the only one with 7.1 for the foreseeable future but that's a whole other problem :smh: )

I assume the ones, never seen before or hardly, coming in to post links to N7 being halted are iphones users trying to get a lil giggle. As if the android thread wouldnt already know this info by now :stoneface:
Maybe you meant me and I'm usually a lurker and the link I posted was news to me and wanted to share. It was Samsung officially halting all sales. I use a S7E and just wanted to contribute a bit since I get so much info from everyone and the phone just isn't worth the risk.

@af1 nike, z play is my secondary device so i haven't been on it much, but i can say with confidence that it's better than the note 7 battery, which is my daily device for now.

I received the z at 9 am, played around with the camera and on the Internet on and off and it has only deleted about 15-20%. Note probably would be dead had I not been charging it periodically throughout the day.

Doing a side by side comparison of the screen color, the Samsung is POOR. I definitely recall seeing a decline in color accuracy after coming from the v10, but seeing it side by side with another device with vibrant colors really puts the note to shame. Blacks are ashy, reds are orangey, white is a little dingy. Sheesh, that s pen really forced me to put up with a lot of bs.
I'm actually considering that phone. I hear it's faster than the Honor 8, Axon, and Op3 and it looks better than all of them IMO. That or the 6P for me.

Huawei, oneplus, and asus on the comeup though.

Asus isn't coming anywhere with all that bloatware, Huawei had their chance when the 6p was king and never went anywhere (starting to see that Emui cancered honor 8 dip down to $350) and OnePlus will always been seen as meh at best due to their garbage customer support.

Xiaomi needs to stop playing and start making some devices that properly support US bands even if they can't officially sell them in the states and ZTE might need a cheaper high quality axon because the 7 alone doesn't seem like enough to give them the jump in market share they were probably hoping for.

If OnePlus would step up their customer service game, they would replace the Nexus as the Android enthusiast phone.

Competition is good for everyone so its sad to see the Note 7 get KO'ed from the market. It was a good phone sans the exploding, and that's coming from an iphoner.

Cats talking about waterproof phones like they wanna go swimming w/ it :lol:

Huawei definitely dropped the ball but I wouldn't count them out yet.

I honestly feel like if Blu stopped making so many phones so soon and focused on 3 main models (budget, mid, premium) they'd be a serious competitor as well. They're phones are always 1 or 2 features shy of being a real contender.

Manufacturers and Carriers gotta understand that noone really wants their bloatware forced on em, especially when too many phones still start w/ only 16gb. Expandable memory means nothing when you can't install anything after that on board memory is used up.

The best Android Manufacturers could do as a whole is produce an offbrand iPhone :lol:

The Pixel is expensive for what it is for sure, but the iPhone falls into the exact same camp as the Pixel. It has been overpriced for years  
I would argue that the iPhone is the only phone actually worth it's price based on

1. Build quality
2. Resale value
3. Customer service and support
4. Software updates

Even the iPhone 5 got updated to iOS 10 (2012)

I would argue that the iPhone is the only phone actually worth it's price based on

1. Build quality
2. Resale value
3. Customer service and support
4. Software updates

Even the iPhone 5 got updated to iOS 10 (2012)

Stop it.

iPhone uses a cheaper screen technology and resolution, 7000 series aluminum which all metal phones are using, weak dac, the same type of ram, In house processor, etc.

Only thing apple does on the hardware front that separates themselves from the pack is the fast flash storage and sapphire glass covering the camera lens.

NONE of these phones should cost $700 plus especially the iPhone.

Last edited:
Iphone dont eem use sapphire glass lens covers though. This fall release season had so much potential. Between samsung and lg fumbles and everybody overpricing every phone announced, it turned out to be one of the worst ever for the mobile market as a whole imo.

Cats talking about waterproof phones like they wanna go swimming w/ it :lol:

Huawei definitely dropped the ball but I wouldn't count them out yet.

I honestly feel like if Blu stopped making so many phones so soon and focused on 3 main models (budget, mid, premium) they'd be a serious competitor as well. They're phones are always 1 or 2 features shy of being a real contender.

Manufacturers and Carriers gotta understand that noone really wants their bloatware forced on em, especially when too many phones still start w/ only 16gb. Expandable memory means nothing when you can't install anything after that on board memory is used up.

What flagship released in the last 7 months started with 16gb?

Last edited:
Man this is wild.

Verizon is just canceling your purchase of a Note 7.

If you did a device payment it's canceled and Samsung is sending you a box to return it.

And you can upgrade again

This wild and I have no idea which phone to rebuy because I can't buy an iPhone 7 yet

Last edited:

they sent gloves b, gloves :rofl:

3 boxes b, tree :rofl:

they're gonna have to send these back by cargo ship :rofl:

Last edited:
What the hell are 3 CARDBOARD boxes going to do to a phone that catches on fire.. :smh: And LATEX gloves..

Edit: Just watched the video. Guess its thermally insulated. Knowing Samsung, that box is still gonna catch fire just like these "safe" Note 7's :lol:

Last edited:
Really disappointed in the pixel by Google. I've had a Motorola droid turbo (2014) and it's been giving me problems these last few months. I was ready to upgrade to the pixel becuase I got tired of not getting updates or having to wait for Verizon to push stuff out. Phone is too damn expensive outright and getting it through Verizon defeats the purpose since they are gonna handle updates. Had no interest in lg or Sammy and the Moto offerings this year seem like a gimicky cash grab with those mods. I just ended grabbing a nexus 5x for $300 outright. Hopefully next year someone will make a great Android phone that's worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom