• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/1...five-amazing-features-that-just-died-with-it/

Secure Folders was an overlooked feature

I think this is a L for the Galaxy line as a whole, rather than android as a whole. While most consumers will be able to distinguish between a Samsung phone and a LG phone, I think they will struggle to separate the problems of the Note line from the rest of the Samsung lineup. Going to be very interesting to see if sales of the S8 and its variants catch any of the backlash. 

I also agree that maybe rebranding the Note as something else might be the best course of action at this point. Maybe call it the S8 Pro or something like that 

Yeah, I think it might leave a bad taste in peoples mouths for Samsung overall.

It'll be interesting to see where they go but I don't think it'll hurt the line in the long run. Now if the majority of costumers actually had phones "explode" on them that'd be a completely different story. This time next year I think a lot of people will forget about this situation. It's always on to the next thing.

I don't know. Recalls are common place in something like cars or food. I don't think Chipotle has recovered. I go there now and it's half what it used to be.

I think it will be interesting to see if they're able to rebuild their name and consumer confidence in the brand.

It seems like Apple took its easy this year and took a half step with the 7 and 7+ but still ******** all over the android field

Samsung rep is in the dumpster.

Pixel is not waterproof no stereo speakers and is expensive for what it is.

Sony falling off

HTC falling off.

LG don't know what they're doing.

Motorola hasn't recovered

I heard good things about the Motorola Z series

Manufacturers and Carriers gotta understand that noone really wants their bloatware forced on em, especially when too many phones still start w/ only 16gb. Expandable memory means nothing when you can't install anything after that on board memory is used up.

Overpriced because it's the only phone that runs iOS.

The pixel isn't the only phone that runs Android (even though it's the only one with 7.1 for the foreseeable future but that's a whole other problem :smh: )

Asus isn't coming anywhere with all that bloatware, Huawei had their chance when the 6p was king and never went anywhere (starting to see that Emui cancered honor 8 dip down to $350) and OnePlus will always been seen as meh at best due to their garbage customer support.

Xiaomi needs to stop playing and start making some devices that properly support US bands even if they can't officially sell them in the states and ZTE might need a cheaper high quality axon because the 7 alone doesn't seem like enough to give them the jump in market share they were probably hoping for.

We all appreciate your effort in returning back to normal spelling of the word "the"

Cats talking about waterproof phones like they wanna go swimming w/ it :lol:

Huawei definitely dropped the ball but I wouldn't count them out yet.

I honestly feel like if Blu stopped making so many phones so soon and focused on 3 main models (budget, mid, premium) they'd be a serious competitor as well. They're phones are always 1 or 2 features shy of being a real contender.

Manufacturers and Carriers gotta understand that noone really wants their bloatware forced on em, especially when too many phones still start w/ only 16gb. Expandable memory means nothing when you can't install anything after that on board memory is used up.

What flagship released in the last 7 months started with 16gb?

I didn't say flagship, I'm speaking in general. No reason 32gb shouldn't be the standard today and 16gb for the real budget phones, they still got phones w/ 8gb memory in em

Man this is wild.

Verizon is just canceling your purchase of a Note 7.

If you did a device payment it's canceled and Samsung is sending you a box to return it.

And you can upgrade again

This wild and I have no idea which phone to rebuy because I can't buy an iPhone 7 yet

Well damn :smh:

must of missed da latest post bout da Z play that da boy bobby99son bobby99son should have got instead of da 5x.

Is there a reason you feel that way? I want new updates when they come out instead of having to wait for Verizon to push stuff out. Also I'm sort of shying away from moto now that I've had some problems with my current moto. Also I got my Nexus 5x on sale so it made pretty good sense for my situation. Am I missing something about the z play? I really didn't look into moto that much admittedly.

The Pixel is expensive for what it is for sure, but the iPhone falls into the exact same camp as the Pixel. It has been overpriced for years  
I would argue that the iPhone is the only phone actually worth it's price based on

1. Build quality
2. Resale value
3. Customer service and support
4. Software updates

Even the iPhone 5 got updated to iOS 10 (2012)

Once again, all of those apply to the Pixel as well. It has great build quality (I'm getting tired of aluminum phones tbh), Google's customer support is great, and it will be guaranteed software updates for at least two full years. The only thing I agree with you on is the resale value of iPhones are unrivaled by any phone outside of maybe Samsung.

must of missed da latest post bout da Z play that da boy bobby99son bobby99son should have got instead of da 5x.

Is there a reason you feel that way? I want new updates when they come out instead of having to wait for Verizon to push stuff out. Also I'm sort of shying away from moto now that I've had some problems with my current moto. Also I got my Nexus 5x on sale so it made pretty good sense for my situation. Am I missing something about the z play? I really didn't look into moto that much admittedly.

You're missing fantastic battery life, maybe the best on an Android phone this year

Like AZ said, manly the gwadly battery.

Man this is wild.

If you did a device payment it's canceled and Samsung is sending you a box to return it.

This wild and I have no idea which phone to rebuy because I can't buy an iPhone 7 yet

I really might go to iPhone :x
This note7 was perfect man why they got to put this battery in it

Last edited:
I'm definitely not getting an iPhone, guess I'll go back to the S7E it's as close to the gawd phone as possible. They're safe to take on a plane right? :lol:

Man this is wild.

I've bent over backwards to rock with the Note 7, it was a great phone. They should have just charged 900 and made it flawless

The s7e ain't the same, I'm good on boring *** vanilla Android, I have it on my work phone, If I'm doing a boring OS I'm doing an iPhone.

I'm going to call Verizon's bluff and track down an iPhone 7 from Apple and put it on my employee account.

Last edited:
The Pixel is expensive for what it is for sure, but the iPhone falls into the exact same camp as the Pixel. It has been overpriced for years  
I would argue that the iPhone is the only phone actually worth it's price based on

1. Build quality
2. Resale value
3. Customer service and support
4. Software updates

Even the iPhone 5 got updated to iOS 10 (2012)

Once again, all of those apply to the Pixel as well. It has great build quality (I'm getting tired of aluminum phones tbh), Google's customer support is great, and it will be guaranteed software updates for at least two full years. The only thing I agree with you on is the resale value of iPhones are unrivaled by any phone outside of maybe Samsung.

In terms of build quality. This is the first pixel phone. Could be a lemon for all we know. Gotta wait for the reviews. Remember the various nexus tablets that were bust?

Google saw android and nexus failing so the just copied the iPhones recipe and put out a offbrand iPhone

Google' customer support is inferior based on the fact that there are no physical google stores everywhere.

With software updates 2 years vs 4 years

Well people complained about the battery life on the Note 5 compared to the Note 4, so they overcompensated apparently.

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. why don't you believe the S7E is an adequate replacement? They have almost the exact same specs as the N7 without the S-pen and the battery life may be slightly better with non exploding parts :lol: Also of they're really shutting they Note program down I don't see why they wouldn't be able to port some of the features (secure folder, AOD music thing, etc.) in a software update to the S7E. I mean the waterproofing, storage, iris scanner, all the core components are still there.

Last edited:

Well people complained about the battery life on the Note 5 compared to the Note 4, so they overcompensated apparently.

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. why don't you believe the S7E is an adequate replacement? They have almost the exact same specs as the N7 without the S-pen and the battery life may be slightly better with non exploding parts :lol: Also of they're really shutting they Note program down I don't see why they wouldn't be able to port some of the features (secure folder, AOD music thing, etc.) in a software update to the S7E. I mean the waterproofing, storage, iris scanner, all the core components are still there.

It just ain't the same man.

I have an S7E, it ain't the same. Ironically enough it actually does heat up when I use it like too hot to use at times, the battery life is *** in comparison to the Note 7 and the skin on the Note 7 was just better.

I put iOS 10 on my 6+ and its crap now too.

I hate technology right now.

Last edited:
I think so, they were going to lock the IEMIs of the original defective ones. I'm going to wait until the last possible minute, you only live once, life is about taking risks.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom