Waiting tables unnappreciation VOL. You cheap %@@+*+#%##%*%

Originally Posted by iMixedi

I'd pass on him with the quickness. Real talk, you can spot a bad tipper 90% of the time. Always bum lookin dudes.
eyes.gif

and you wonder why you're whining

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

On average I'm making about $15-$20 an hour. On weekends, $25-$30. So you dudes who don't pity us because we aren't making minimum wage..well you don't have to be..cause we're making more. Well, me at least.
you have to maintain a phony smile all day though, like a programmed robot, and have a higher superior looking over your shoulder at all times to clean that table and and speed walk to grab more dishes

plus Im just not down with running around like a headless chicken and "serving" other peoples food which will eventually turn into nasty garbage that you have to pick up, not my cup of tea

I can def see how you can make some big bucks within a few hours though, but really, your income that you eat off is based on how some customer is "feeling" that day
nah Im good

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'd pass on him with the quickness. Real talk, you can spot a bad tipper 90% of the time. Always bum lookin dudes.
eyes.gif

and you wonder why you're whining
You dudes are confusing me with other people in this thread. I started this thread talking about how "people walked out on me without paying". If you don't tip, that's you.

And Crank Lucas you're right for the most part. #%!# it though I'm getting paid
pimp.gif

Worked from 5 PM to 12 AM. Only made $17 dollars because people walked out on me. These people looked well off too. I'm not really heated, just disappointed. I usually make over a $100 on a weekend night.

To you dudes who do this on the regular, its really not cool. I mean we gotta make a living off this %*#%.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Worked from 5 PM to 12 AM. Only made $17 dollars because people walked out on me. These people looked well off too. I'm not really heated, just disappointed. I usually make over a $100 on a weekend night.

To you dudes who do this on the regular, its really not cool. I mean we gotta make a living off this %*#%.

Thanks for further proving my point.
wink.gif

I am a teacher, a waiter and i work for Champs sports..

Waiting tables is annoying at times..there are some very rude people at there that don't even care..

The best tip I ever received was a note with $0 for my tip..the note said the steaks were not cooked right and were horrible..

Now i think to myself..i brought you new steaks out and you ate them down with the power of thor..i took care of the problem and i was very nice to them aswell..i am pretty good with talking to people and up selling items (booze, appetizers things like that)..on top of that..the restaurant i work at was offerin abuy one get one free meal coupon they used that as well..so they basically got one of those "horrible" steaks for free and they have the nerve towaste my time when I could have been makin money by providing the same service that i do to each one of my tables..

I also thought to myself..how stupid that they think i cook the steaks and it's my fault for the problem with the food
laugh.gif

It is also fun at times and you can make a lotta money dependin on the restaurant you work for..

There are some cheap people out there..i just shake my head a lotta times..

When i go out to eat i usually tip from 15-20% maybe more if i like the way you present yourself to my table..

Damn sik, you a waiter fam? I thought you were a firefighter
tired.gif

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

im currently a waiter, while im on the job hunt for my career (which is proving to be much more difficult than expected)....say what you will about hard work yadda yadda, a job is a job right now.

Restaurants wont let me eat there unless i tip. So i just buy food at the front then eat it at home.

Only time i hit up restaurants is if im on a date, i tip appropriately. But i still dont believe in tipping. And both sides(tipping/non tipping) have strongarguments. So i just stay neutral, and dont go to restaurants to eat, i just to grab the food and go eat it somewhere else.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

But at the end of the day, j dilla, you a ugly dude.
laugh.gif
who's really losing now.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm a waiter at a country club so we get auto 15% on the bill plus whatever they want to add. All tips go to my checks where they always come out prettygood when you divide hourly so i get $9 +tips. Those of you making $7 an hour with tips need to find a better spot. Thank god I don't have to deal withbroke/greedy %@*%! like some of yal on here. I'd piss u off on purpose.

whats your job? =\

I did this for 2 weeks, quit because it wasn't a stable pay. I worked at a place on park ave, being the richest street in the world i thought i was goingto be making bread
dudes from nbc studios were real good tippers.. always gave me 10$ tips.. would be making 200 on a good day... but other days... id come home with 30$ after10 hours of work -_-

I'm a sushi chef, but def got love for the waiters cuz they always hook it up with drinks and +@$.

also... am i the only dude here who kinda feels nice when you give a tip? jus makes me feel like a baller and cool lol

AirJus23 wrote: C'mon man. I'm already paying a premium price for the food I buy when I eat at a restaurant. I believe that makes up for the service that is entailed. Anything extra is icing on the cake. I'm not saying I don't tip, because I do, but when people say it's wrong not, that's when I have to defend the other side.

I hate that feeling of entitlement that waiters have, it's to the point where a lot of waiters don't even feel like they need to provide good service (which I'm willing to reward with a more than adequate tip) since it's "unacceptable to not tip". There's got to be a way to check those waiters. I ain't tipping just because anyone feels I have to. And yes, I can decide how to spend my money whether it's during a recession or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant, I can and if I don't want to tip, that's my choice as well. The recession just gives me more of a reason to be picky on who I tip.

North Dade Represent wrote:
I tip 20% but I don't feel sorry for any waiter, when they typically make significant more than minimum wage. Yeah, you might have a day when you make only $20, but the $200 days more than make up for it.
^Basically. I would say that most waiters at the end of the day, come out on top compared to other people who work retail, making minimum wage.Which is why I would assume, so many people choose to be waiters. If it wasn't profitable most people wouldn't do it.

Waiters make $200-$300 one night then set themselves up for disappointment, expecting it all the time, imo.

I'm a bartender so I feel your pain, as for the guys who only tip girls, that's dumb that girl can't care less about you. But where I work thepeople that come in are cool so I don't have to worry about guys not tipping me because I'm a dude, soo lame.

Back
Top Bottom