Waiting tables unnappreciation VOL. You cheap %@@+*+#%##%*%

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Thank God that I'm not as cheap/flat-out stupid as some of you in this thread.
Thank God I'm not so stupid I voluntarily signed up for a job making 3 dollars an hr then have the nerve to complain about. See, anybody can be condescending douches.
Tipping is an assumed cost of dining out.

It ain't like it's some newfangled concept; everyone knows that.

If you'd rather keep $3 in your pocket than give it to someone who just worked to serve you, then you're cheap.

If you have some bizarre reasoning like the dude who doesn't tip males for doing a "feminine job", then you're flat-out stupid.

If you don't want to tip, there are plenty of other ways for you to get food: make your own, get fast food, whatever.

If you make the decision to sit down in a restaurant and have someone serve you, leave a tip.

Thank God that I'm not as cheap/flat-out stupid as some of you in this thread.
Thank God I'm not so stupid I voluntarily signed up for a job making 3 dollars an hr then have the nerve to complain about. See, anybody can be condescending douches.
Tipping is an assumed cost of dining out.

If you'd rather keep $3 in your pocket than give it to someone who just worked to serve you, then you're cheap.

If you have some bizarre reasoning like the dude who doesn't tip males for doing a "feminine job", then you're flat-out stupid.

If you don't want to tip, there are plenty of other ways for you to get food: make your own, get fast food, whatever.

If you make the decision to sit down in a restaurant and have someone serve you, leave a tip.
Working hard is an assumed consequence of being an adult and part of the workforce.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you'd rather work for 3$ an hour than go to school and get a real job utilizingsome marketable skill, then you're stupid.[/color]

If you have some bizarre reason like you're just paying your way through school, then you're flat out stupid andprobably live in a Ninjahood status studio apartment.

If you don't want to make 3$ an hour, UPS is hiring, Wal Mart is hiring, sell drugs, sell yourself, whatever.

If you make the decision to sign up for a 3$ an hour job doing tasks that require absolutely 0 skill and intelligence,then refill my drink and be happy fo the opportunity..

CheckmateD.jpg

These types of threads have popped up before in the past and I can see most nters haven't changed. Still the same cheap

Yup.
laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying whythey don't tip.
Just admit you're cheap. No need to provide all these ridiculous excuses.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

These types of threads have popped up before in the past and I can see most nters haven't changed. Still the same cheap

Yup.
laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying why they don't tip.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifyingwhy they can't get a better job than a waiter.

Just admit you're dumb. No need to provide all these ridiculous excuses.
laugh.gif

I tip 20% but I don't feel sorry for any waiter, when they typically make significant more than minimum wage. Yeah, you might have a day when you make only$20, but the $200 days more than make up for it. I would have loved to been a waiter in high school or college, instead of working at the fast food jointmaking $5.25 an hour (yeah, I'm old).

i always double the tax wherever im @ and be extra nice to the waiters. cuz being black we tend to be sterotyped as being rude and bad tippers and whatnot. soi try & break that + i dont want yall bastards spitting in my food
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

DatZNasty, do you eat out?
Very scarcely. When traveling, I have very little choice.I don't trust angry, underpaid, vindictive individuals handling my food. Grantedsupermarket food could easily be #*%@!+ with too prior to my procurement of it.

You're jumping to conclusions though. I never once said I don't tip or how much. I'm just pointing out how stupid of a system it is and laughing athow simple of a job waitressing is really is while they'll act like they're doing something extremely difficult, and raise complaints that 99% of therest of the working sector has too. You have to deal with difficult customers? Join the club. Boss works you too hard? Feel underappreciated? Underpaid? Needmore money for school and rent? Everyone does.

Bottom line is you voluntarily signed up for that

The ones complaining about Tipping need to stay their !%### home and fire up that Microwave. I think "included gratuities" is the best thing thatsome restaurants have come up with. It's simple, its on the bill you pay it.

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Some people don't believe in tipping. Just because it's the social norm, doesn't mean everyone has to abide by it. Especially in a recession, everyone is hurting financially, you expect yourself not to as well?

Dine and ditch is a different story, but at least your still getting your hourly wage right?

If you're going out to eat out in a recession, you're probably well enough off to leave a few extra bucks for a tip.

laugh.gif
the EXCUSES some of you guys use are just out of this world. im notjust talking about this thread either.

Yup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying why they can't get a better job than a waiter.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
WOW You're so clever.

In every group there will always be that one cheap person when dining out and the person everyone would always talk about. I can tell you're that cheapguy in your group... so imagine what your friends must really think and say about you. OUCH!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Not this $@!% again. A bunch of real cheap, low class people on NT showing their colors.

Dudes just weren't raised right.
What does me being raised have to do with tipping? They are not entitled to one especially if you don't serve people properly. If anything thechef deserves the tip for making the meal.

Yup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying why they can't get a better job than a waiter.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
WOW You're so clever.

In every group there will always be that one cheap person when dining out and the person everyone would always talk about. I can tell you're that cheap guy in your group... so imagine what your friends must really think and say about you. OUCH!
laugh.gif

Oh you got me there
indifferent.gif
Imagine what your friends withreal jobs say about you. Now get back to taking care of that mess somebody made in the women's bathroom before you get fired and assured to never work atanother AppleBee's in this district +!%!+. OUCH!
laugh.gif

DatZNasty wrote:

Very scarcely. When traveling, I have very little choice.I don't trust angry, underpaid, vindictive individuals handling my food. Granted supermarket food could easily be #*%@!+ with too prior to my procurement of it.

You're jumping to conclusions though. I never once said I don't tip or how much. I'm just pointing out how stupid of a system it is and laughing at how simple of a job waitressing is really is while they'll act like they're doing something extremely difficult, and raise complaints that 99% of the rest of the working sector has too. You have to deal with difficult customers? Join the club. Boss works you too hard? Feel underappreciated? Underpaid? Need more money for school and rent? Everyone does.

The reason theyre angry, and vindictive is because people dont tip them well. I think youre jumping to conclusions and assuming that these individuals havesome sort of ax to grind.

The work they do isnt "hard", but it still is work and takes an individual with some level of skill and brain to do a decent-good job at it. It's not difficult, but there is a lot of stuff going on at one time.

It seems to me that youre problem isnt with the idea of tipping, its the actual waiters themselves.

Yup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
WOW You're so clever.

In every group there will always be that one cheap person when dining out and the person everyone would always talk about. I can tell you're that cheap guy in your group... so imagine what your friends must really think and say about you. OUCH!
laugh.gif
Oh you got me there
indifferent.gif
Imagine what your friends with real jobs say about you. Now get back to taking care of that mess somebody made in the women's bathroom before you get fired and assured to never work at another AppleBee's in this district +!%!+. OUCH!
laugh.gif

sick.gif
roll.gif

Very scarcely. When traveling, I have very little choice.I don't trust angry, underpaid, vindictive individuals handling my food. Granted supermarket food could easily be #*%@!+ with too prior to my procurement of it.

You're jumping to conclusions though. I never once said I don't tip or how much. I'm just pointing out how stupid of a system it is and laughing at how simple of a job waitressing is really is while they'll act like they're doing something extremely difficult, and raise complaints that 99% of the rest of the working sector has too. You have to deal with difficult customers? Join the club. Boss works you too hard? Feel underappreciated? Underpaid? Need more money for school and rent? Everyone does.

Were you ever a waiter? If not, don't judge a job you never had and call it simple. I worked in a restaurant, and not in some cheap @@$chain. If you ordered food a specific way you expect to get it that way correct? It's the waiters job to MAKE SURE the cooks prepare it the exact way youasked for it. Your acting like a waiter is at 1 table at a time, they rotate between 6 maybe more tables at the same time and make sure everyone is happy withtheir meal. Who the hell likes waiting 10 minutes for a dam refill? A good waiter will stay on top of that **# and keep your drink full at all times.

People acting like they write down an order and that's it, go sit down in the back and wait for your meal to be over
laugh.gif

Yup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
WOW You're so clever.

laugh.gif
Oh you got me there
indifferent.gif
Imagine what your friends with real jobs say about you. Now get back to taking care of that mess somebody made in the women's bathroom before you get fired and assured to never work at another AppleBee's in this district +!%!+. OUCH!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Where did I post that indicates I am a server?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

foot-in-mouth-1199.jpeg

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Were you ever a waiter? If not, don't judge a job you never had and call it simple. I worked in a restaurant, and not in some cheap @@$ chain. If you ordered food a specific way you expect to get it that way correct? It's the waiters job to MAKE SURE the cooks prepare it the exact way you asked for it. Your acting like a waiter is at 1 table at a time, they rotate between 6 maybe more tables at the same time and make sure everyone is happy with their meal. Who the hell likes waiting 10 minutes for a dam refill? A good waiter will stay on top of that **# and keep your drink full at all times.

People acting like they write down an order and that's it, go sit down in the back and wait for your meal to be over
laugh.gif
SPOT ON.

I have never been a waiter nor do I ever plan to. I enjoy being served. Hell... for my wedding my girl wanted to have a buffet setup but I X'd that ideabecause I like people to serve me. As such, I will pay a premium for what I feel is acceptable (or better) service. I can appreciate people doing what Iwouldn't do, and therefore I have no problem paying for it.

Lastly, and I may be wrong (those of you in the food service industry, help me out) but I believe that a certain amount of tips can be counted against theminimum wage amount? Therefore if you don't tip, you are in effect taking money out of the pockets of hardworking Americans.

If you don't agree with the practice of tipping and want to take a stand, do so against the restaurant, not the poor waiter/waitress busting their ##% tomake a living. If you want to teach them a lesson, DONT PATRONIZE THE RESTAURANT.

Were you ever a waiter? If not, don't judge a job you never had and call it simple. I worked in a restaurant, and not in some cheap @@$ chain. If you ordered food a specific way you expect to get it that way correct? It's the waiters job to MAKE SURE the cooks prepare it the exact way you asked for it. Your acting like a waiter is at 1 table at a time, they rotate between 6 maybe more tables at the same time and make sure everyone is happy with their meal. Who the hell likes waiting 10 minutes for a dam refill? A good waiter will stay on top of that **# and keep your drink full at all times.

laugh.gif
Nope, and being one wouldn't change my opinion one bit. I'd feel like I was working far below my potential. And yes, I still feel likeit's extremely simple, even after you explaining to me how you have to write down what the consumer says, AND readit back to the cook. I feel like they gave the Nobel Peace Prize to the wrong person this year.

Originally Posted by J Capo

I think "included gratuities" is the best thing that some restaurants have come up with. It's simple, its on the bill you pay it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

funny thing is you cant tip the butcher at shoprite, yet you have to tip the person giving you plates at jonny rockets
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by J Capo

The ones complaining about Tipping need to stay their !%### home and fire up that Microwave. I think "included gratuities" is the best thing that some restaurants have come up with. It's simple, its on the bill you pay it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif
SPOT ON.

I have never been a waiter nor do I ever plan to. I enjoy being served. Hell... for my wedding my girl wanted to have a buffet setup but I X'd that idea because I like people to serve me. As such, I will pay a premium for what I feel is acceptable (or better) service. I can appreciate people doing what I wouldn't do, and therefore I have no problem paying for it.

Lastly, and I may be wrong (those of you in the food service industry, help me out) but I believe that a certain amount of tips can be counted against the minimum wage amount? Therefore if you don't tip, you are in effect taking money out of the pockets of hardworking Americans.

If you don't agree with the practice of tipping and want to take a stand, do so against the restaurant, not the poor waiter/waitress busting their ##% to make a living. If you want to teach them a lesson, DONT PATRONIZE THE RESTAURANT.

this.

i was a server, and a damn good one at that. hourly wage is somewhere around 2-3 dollars an hour. after taxes, my paycheck after two weeks was anywhere from0-20 dollars for about 30 hours of work per week.

you have a problem with tipping? don't eat at sit-down chains. these menu prices are fixed with the server's wage in mind. you don't tip, and welose money. the server has to tip out a portion of their sales to other members of the staff. you sit down with your girlfriend and eat 50 dollars worth offood and stiff me on the tip, i just paid 5 % of that to the bartender and the busboy, in essence, paying to serve your cheap ***.

and why are you bashing other people's professions? somebody's gotta do it. i'm sure you're a successful guy making tons of money doing whatyou love to do, but not everyone is in the same boat. the system is the way it is. i'm sure servers would rather have a fixed salary rather than gamblingon getting tables without cheap people, or "people with principles" such as yourself, but they didn't make the system the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom