Waiting tables unnappreciation VOL. You cheap %@@+*+#%##%*%

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by dream5hift

As a waiter, we have to take order, bring out food and drinks, check if you need any refills or anything else, give bill, and clean up table(a lot of people make a mess). Isn't that hard work too?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude calling that "hard work"
word,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
none of ya know what hard work is

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Some people don't believe in tipping. Just because it's the social norm, doesn't mean everyone has to abide by it. Especially in a recession, everyone is hurting financially, you expect yourself not to as well?

Dine and ditch is a different story, but at least your still getting your hourly wage right?

If you're going out to eat out in a recession, you're probably well enough off to leave a few extra bucks for a tip.

laugh.gif
the EXCUSES some of you guys use are just out of this world. im not just talking about this thread either.
C'mon man. I'm already paying a premium price for the food I buy when I eat at a restaurant. I believe that makes up for the service thatis entailed. Anything extra is icing on the cake. I'm not saying I don't tip, because I do, but when people say it's wrong not, that's when Ihave to defend the other side. I hate that feeling of entitlement that waiters have, it's to the point where a lot of waiters don't even feel like theyneed to provide good service (which I'm willing to reward with a more than adequate tip) since it's "unacceptable to not tip". There'sgot to be a way to check those waiters. I ain't tipping just because anyone feels I have to. And yes, I can decide how to spend my money whether it'sduring a recession or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant, I can and if I don't want to tip, that's my choice as well. The recession just gives memore of a reason to be picky on who I tip.

and why are you bashing other people's professions? somebody's gotta do it. i'm sure you're a successful guy making tons of money doing what you love to do, but not everyone is in the same boat. the system is the way it is. i'm sure servers would rather have a fixed salary rather than gambling on getting tables without cheap people, or "people with principles" such as yourself, but they didn't make the system the way it is.
Exactly. This dude with his "holier than thouhttp://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/holier-than-thou" attitude whom don't want to admit he isjust a cheap/frugal person. Instead he posted every single excuse in the "why you should not tip" book and ridicules these people's occupations.
tired.gif

SMH @ these responses...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying why they can't get a better job than a waiter.
Just admit you're dumb. No need to provide all these ridiculous excuses.
laugh.gif

Imagine what your friends with real jobs say about you. Now get back to taking care of that mess somebody made in the women's bathroom before you get fired and assured to never work at another AppleBee's in this district +!%!+. OUCH!
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ people defending waiters. All they do is serve food. Thats it..they have NOTHING to do with the Actual food other than serving it to itsgiven table. Thats your JOB! I am not giving you a tip for something you are supposed to do. If you go out your way and you seem like you enjoy what you dothen im giving you a 10 dollar tip just for kissing my !$% the way he/she did

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ people defending waiters. All they do is serve food. Thats it..they have NOTHING to do with the Actual food other than serving it to its given table. Thats your JOB! I am not giving you a tip for something you are supposed to do. If you go out your way and you seem like you enjoy what you do then im giving you a 10 dollar tip just for kissing my !$% the way he/she did

So by your theory, you tip no one.

C'mon man. I'm already paying a premium price for the food I buy when I eat at a restaurant. I believe that makes up for the service that is entailed. Anything extra is icing on the cake. I'm not saying I don't tip, because I do, but when people say it's wrong not, that's when I have to defend the other side. I hate that feeling of entitlement that waiters have, it's to the point where a lot of waiters don't even feel like they need to provide good service (which I'm willing to reward with a more than adequate tip) since it's "unacceptable to not tip". There's got to be a way to check those waiters. I ain't tipping just because anyone feels I have to. And yes, I can decide how to spend my money whether it's during a recession or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant, I can and if I don't want to tip, that's my choice as well. The recession just gives me more of a reason to be picky on who I tip.
I see where you're coming from, but personally I don't agree with you. I think the value of the food is based on what you are willing topay. If you are willing to accept the menu price of the food, than that is what it is worth and you are not paying a premium for it (especially if thatrestaurant allows for takeout). If the cost of the service was calculated into the price of the food, they would have different prices for takeout anddine-in. They don't.

As far as waiters having a sense of entitlement, that bothers me to no end too. If I have a lazy worthless waiter, I will short them on the tip, if only toteach them a lesson. My girl gets pissed about this, and in the past she has actually gone back and snuck some tip on the table because she feels bad but nomore. She knows how I feel and knows how strongly I feel about it. We all work hard for our money and no one should be entitled to anything. If they do anadequate job they get their 15-20%. If they go above and beyond, they get more than 20%. If they don't do squat, they get squat.

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ people defending waiters. All they do is serve food. Thats it..they have NOTHING to do with the Actual food other than serving it to its given table. Thats your JOB! I am not giving you a tip for something you are supposed to do. If you go out your way and you seem like you enjoy what you do then im giving you a 10 dollar tip just for kissing my !$% the way he/she did

Actually they have alot to do with your actual food. I hope you don't eat at the same restaurants often

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

and why are you bashing other people's professions? somebody's gotta do it. i'm sure you're a successful guy making tons of money doing what you love to do, but not everyone is in the same boat. the system is the way it is. i'm sure servers would rather have a fixed salary rather than gambling on getting tables without cheap people, or "people with principles" such as yourself, but they didn't make the system the way it is.
Exactly. This dude with his "holier than thouhttp://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/holier-than-thou" attitude whom don't want to admit he is just a cheap/frugal person. Instead he posted every single excuse in the "why you should not tip" book and ridicules these people's occupations.
tired.gif

SMH @ these responses...

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

laugh.gif
@ the same dudes posting the same nonsense and justifying why they can't get a better job than a waiter.
Just admit you're dumb. No need to provide all these ridiculous excuses.
laugh.gif

Imagine what your friends with real jobs say about you. Now get back to taking care of that mess somebody made in the women's bathroom before you get fired and assured to never work at another AppleBee's in this district +!%!+. OUCH!
laugh.gif

Really? You took it off out of context without posting the post it was in reply to. I'm obviously replying to people's arguments usingtheir own logic, in a quite verbatim way. I still think your jobs are simple as *!++, and if the US didn't have child labor laws you could easily bereplaced by kids, but I'm not saying that makes someone with a more difficult job a better person or anything. And again boo hoo, you signed up for that*!++. I'd sit right here and cry with you if someone forced you to take a job where you make 20$ a week (please tell me you're exaggerating), but giventhat that is not the case the vast majority of the time, you made the bed so lie in it.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

C'mon man. I'm already paying a premium price for the food I buy when I eat at a restaurant. I believe that makes up for the service that is entailed. Anything extra is icing on the cake. I'm not saying I don't tip, because I do, but when people say it's wrong not, that's when I have to defend the other side. I hate that feeling of entitlement that waiters have, it's to the point where a lot of waiters don't even feel like they need to provide good service (which I'm willing to reward with a more than adequate tip) since it's "unacceptable to not tip". There's got to be a way to check those waiters. I ain't tipping just because anyone feels I have to. And yes, I can decide how to spend my money whether it's during a recession or not. If I want to eat at a restaurant, I can and if I don't want to tip, that's my choice as well. The recession just gives me more of a reason to be picky on who I tip.
I see where you're coming from, but personally I don't agree with you. I think the value of the food is based on what you are willing to pay. If you are willing to accept the menu price of the food, than that is what it is worth and you are not paying a premium for it (especially if that restaurant allows for takeout). If the cost of the service was calculated into the price of the food, they would have different prices for takeout and dine-in. They don't.

As far as waiters having a sense of entitlement, that bothers me to no end too. If I have a lazy worthless waiter, I will short them on the tip, if only to teach them a lesson. My girl gets pissed about this, and in the past she has actually gone back and snuck some tip on the table because she feels bad but no more. She knows how I feel and knows how strongly I feel about it. We all work hard for our money and no one should be entitled to anything. If they do an adequate job they get their 15-20%. If they go above and beyond, they get more than 20%. If they don't do squat, they get squat.
Thank you. A sensible response other than calling me cheap. I agree 110% with you in this sentiment. Bottom line it's MY money, I justdon't want to give it away especially to someone who gave me terrible service. With that said, I always leave something.

As far as the prices of the food, your point does make sense. However, even if I order takeout, the price is still premium, and helps to pay the wages of thestaff whether they served me or not. It's not up to me how much of that goes to the waiters, all I see is the price and I consider it premium (depending onwhere I'm eating of course).

i seriously think those of you who have never waited tables should try it out for 2 weeks. i guarantee it'll change your perspective (especially about thepart a child could do it). i'll agree, work is work so we all have no right to complain. i'll agree, it isn't the hardest job in the world, but itsure isnt as simple as some make it to be. waiters do more than take your order and bring you food, they have to deal with people. you won't understanduntil you are in their shoes. people are just absolutely insane with it comes to food. any job that requires you to deal with people i am always sympathetic tolike postal workers, dudes at the airport counter, customer service reps. etc and i always appreciate when i get good service anywhere.

on the flip side, those who feel like tipping is a scam, i do see that as a valid point. i went to vietnam and nobody tips. it's not customary. however,everyone who works at the restaurant is usually family, so theyre all getting paid. but we're in america, and tipping is what we as americans do! i feellike if you go to a sit-down establishment that provides you service, you should tip according to your food and service. if you don't like the system,there are plenty of other establishments to enjoy food that don't traditionally equate service with tipping. if your waiter is a douche bag, let him know.i always talk to a manager if my waiter was condescending or lazy. if i get horrible service, it's usually bc the waiter sucks at their job and someoneshould let them know. i write notes on my tabs because having waited tables myself, i can judge if a person is actually trying or if a person isn't cut outto be a waiter.

wow. some of yall blow my mind with your logic.

im currently a waiter, while im on the job hunt for my career (which is proving to be much more difficult than expected)....say what you will about hard workyadda yadda, a job is a job right now.

thankfully im at a rather decent restaurant in a very nice part of town, so i rarely come across nonsense like not tipping... but waiters make garbage asidefrom tips (server pay is like 4.15/hr).... and then you pay tip out to various other people while u work.

being a server myself, i always over-tip when i go out now, as long as the waiter wasnt an @$*, then extra couple bucks i put down means alot more to them,then it will to me.

i hope yall dont frequent the restaurants you go to, and dont tip.... b/c trust, the waiters will recognize you and word will spread... whether the waiter isgrimey and wants to mess with your food, or just remembers you dont tip and doesnt refil your drink the whole meal... you will gain a reputation if youfrequent that spot.

and whoeever it was that said he doesnt tip male servers, bc they are male? thats the most out of control thing ive ever heard...

SMH @ you dudes who don't tip. I'm glad I hardly ever receive customers like you guys.

I mean, you sound just as you look JDilla Himself. If I seen a burnt lookin N_ with grease trickling down his neck I'd pass on him with the quickness. Realtalk, you can spot a bad tipper 90% of the time. Always bum lookin dudes.

Now there is some truth to the kitchen working harder. However I'm making $2 an hour and there making $8 an hour and work WAY more hours than us.

Originally Posted by iMixedi

SMH @ you dudes who don't tip. I'm glad I hardly ever receive customers like you guys.

I mean, you sound just as you look JDilla Himself. If I seen a burnt lookin N_ with grease trickling down his neck I'd pass on him with the quickness. Real talk, you can spot a bad tipper 90% of the time. Always bum lookin dudes.

Now there is some truth to the kitchen working harder. However I'm making $2 an hour and there making $8 an hour and work WAY more hours than us.

resulting to straight up insults huh? Son is mad right now
laugh.gif
. I make more money than you, at the end of the day..you serve food for a living slavingyourself on 2 bucks an hour:rofl:
roll.gif
I bet yo face be like "
tired.gif
" when you dont see a tip. I make more money in a day than you make in a week
laugh.gif

I mean, you sound just as you look JDilla Himself. If I seen a burnt lookin N_ with grease trickling down his neck I'd pass on him with the quickness. Real talk, you can spot a bad tipper 90% of the time. Always bum lookin dudes.

laugh.gif
. I make more money than you, at the end of the day..you serve food for a living. I bet yo face be like "
tired.gif
" when you dont see a tip.
Naw i'm not mad. If you're making more money than me, great. But for an 18 y/o college student and this being a part time gig..I'mdoing well making more than most people my way my age.

I'm not a waiter, but this is complete and utter BS and what I hate about some waiters... especially at nicer establishments.

I like to dine out quite frequently and am always in pursuit of that perfect meal. I don't consider myself a food snob by any means, but my search forthat perfect meal often leads me to high end fine dining establishments with the price to match. Even though I'm a bit older than the avg NTer (just about30) I still look pretty young and so does my girl. I absolutely HATE IT when I get a waiter who pre-judges me because of the way I look, and assume thatI'm some young punk who cant afford to tip, and therefore give me crap service. In return, I will short that fool on the tip and I know that F-tard isthinkin to himself "i knew this kid was gonna juke me out of the tip". Just cause I walk into a michelin star restaurant wearin a polo, a nice pairof denim, and some fresh Nike's instead of a 3 piece suit doesn't make me a bad tipper. Or hell... its worse when I'm just at some regular olerestaurant like a Cheesecake Factory or something. Sometime's ill roll through on a whim to grab some dinner after spending a day at the beach. Justcause I'm wearin flip flops, boardshorts, and a t-shirt doesn't mean Im a cheap broke #$# bum. Its the effin Cheesecake Factory for chrissakes. Yet Istill know when I get the bum treatment cause of the way I'm dressed.

Nothing pleases me more than when I get a server who treats me well regardless of how I look. Sometimes, I can tell that they are surprised when I drop a$50-60 tip on a $200 tab cause the service was spot on. It's good to know that these people went all out with no expectations on the tip.

laugh.gif
. I make more money than you, at the end of the day..you serve food for a living. I bet yo face be like "
tired.gif
Naw i'm not mad. If you're making more money than me, great. But for an 18 y/o college student and this being a part time gig..I'm doing well making more than most people my way my age.

laugh.gif
. Im a year older than you and im also a college student. No excuses. You get paid basically nothing to serve plates. Im not giving you anything duke, YOUchose to have that job. I dont pity any dude who wait tables. Its a females job

laugh.gif
tired.gif
Naw i'm not mad. If you're making more money than me, great. But for an 18 y/o college student and this being a part time gig..I'm doing well making more than most people my way my age.

laugh.gif
. Im a year older than you and im also a college student. No excuses. You get paid basically nothing to serve plates. Im not giving you anything duke, YOU chose to have that job. I dont pity any dude who wait tables. Its a females job
Son, I'm not asking for your pity
laugh.gif
. I'm makingenough right now to make me happy. I chose to have this job and I'm more than happy.

The whole point of this thread was about people walking out on me and not paying for there meal. If you don't tip me, than whatever because chances areI'm making it back off my next table in just a few minutes.

On average I'm making about $15-$20 an hour. On weekends, $25-$30. So you dudes who don't pity us because we aren't making minimum wage..well youdon't have to be..cause we're making more. Well, me at least.

I Did it for two years, you meet a lot of cool people...... the worst part it's a stressful job.

I swear some of you knuckleheads need to work in the restaurant/hotel industry or anything that involves tipping.

If you like being cheap and not tipping, don't go to damn a restaurant.

I will only walk away without tipping if my waiter does a completely TERRIBLE job. Otherwise, 15% for normal, 18 % for great and 20% for excellent.

laugh.gif
at this fool J Dilla, *cue the Waiting movie...I've never worked in a restaurant but I did valet in high school..if you treat waiters the way youtreat their tips as well, boy you'd be getting a whole bunch of surprises in that grease the next time you came through.

On average I'm making about $15-$20 an hour. On weekends, $25-$30. So you dudes who don't pity us because we aren't making minimum wage..well you don't have to be..cause we're making more. Well, me at least.
you have to maintain a phony smile all day though, like a programmed robot, and have a higher superior looking over your shoulder at all times toclean that table and and speed walk to grab more dishes

plus Im just not down with running around like a headless chicken and "serving" other peoples food which will eventually turn into nasty garbage thatyou have to pick up, not my cup of tea

I can def see how you can make some big bucks within a few hours though, but really, your income that you eat off is based on how some customer is"feeling" that day
nah Im good

laugh.gif
. Im a year older than you and im also a college student. No excuses. You get paid basically nothing to serve plates. Im not giving you anything duke, YOU chose to have that job. I dont pity any dude who wait tables. Its a females job
So now jobs are based off of gender? Is a nurse a females job?

Back
Top Bottom