WALE >>> DRAKE LYRICALLY??

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Drake's lyrics are way more polished than Wale so I'm taking Drake.
Its kinda like Kanye to Common...

common has better lyrics but Kanye's lyrics just have more to be interpretated...you feel like its deeper and theres more behind it. Thats why I likeDrake. I love his first two mixtapes for this reason. Like you dont feel like you're being preached to but you still feel the meaning behind the words.

SMH....

I listened to the mixtape about nothing and I have to say...that !@+ was boring as ever...

Drake's music is just flat out better IMO...i can't listen to Wale outside of that Nike boots remix with Lil Wayne

Originally Posted by MrWavez

SMH....

I listened to the mixtape about nothing and I have to say...that !@+ was boring as ever...

Drake's music is just flat out better IMO...i can't listen to Wale outside of that Nike boots remix with Lil Wayne

Mixtape About Nothing > ANYthing I've heard from Drake...

Wale is a better lyricist, BUT...

Drake's flow is impeccable, and he has superior production.

also, Drake just straight up makes better music. Wale certainly has some heat, but for the most part he doesn't bring the fire like Drake.
and this isn't related to their quality as artists, but Drake has a lot more going for him. the connection to Wayne is huge, as is his R&B appeal withthe females.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

SMH....

Hm...Guess we got different tastes then, cuz I got know SONGS from drake thats I'd put on repeat 18-22 times before I listen to that mixtape again

EDIT: maybe its just that i dont like wale...I like Cudi and Asher better than him also

this is not even a question if you listen to both...

don't let what you "enjoy" better be the judge of this.

drake no doubt got some songs that you can chill with and what not and listen on any day. it's certainly enjoyable music that you can just let ride.

but from both their current discographies mixtape wise, wale tops drake, bar none.

he has a a lot more substance and a lot more to say. just even The Mixtape About Nothing has more to offer that whatall 3 mixtapes drake has combined...

drake makes catchy punchlines and rhymes, but wale got down making the songs...

and to whomever said production, Boi-1nda is incredible, but don't underestimate The Best Kept Secret. they're great at what they do.

Lyrically I think Wale's got him, delivery goes to Drake though. Flow, I actually like both, but Drake makes it effortless... that doesnt mean Wale doesnthave flow, just look at what he did to "I'm Sorry" on the Chester French mixtape
eek.gif

Drake's mixtapes dont feel like mixtapes, they feel like actual albums to me. Great production, good lyrical content, and just well presented.
Wale's The Mixtape About Nothing was amazing IMO, the subject matter was great and the concept was a breath of fresh air!
anyways I'm feelin both and cant wait to see what they gon do when they drop their first albums...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

common has better lyrics but Kanye's lyrics just have more to be interpretated...you feel like its deeper and theres more behind it. Thats why I like Drake. I love his first two mixtapes for this reason. Like you dont feel like you're being preached to but you still feel the meaning behind the words.
You can't be serious by saying Kayne has deeper lyrics than Common
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Bleepthat

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

common has better lyrics but Kanye's lyrics just have more to be interpretated...you feel like its deeper and theres more behind it. Thats why I like Drake. I love his first two mixtapes for this reason. Like you dont feel like you're being preached to but you still feel the meaning behind the words.
You can't be serious by saying Kayne has deeper lyrics than Common
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

word...I was thinking the same thing...

I like both of these dudes for what they bring (pause)...both make good music.

Threads like these serve no purpose, IMO.

Hip hop fans always making everything a comparison and **!+...then when the album drops, y'all don't cop.
tired.gif

Neither one of these dudes is lyrical juggernauts. I'd give the slight edge to Drake since I listen to both and have all of their mixtapes.

Illy and Jewels better than both lyrically to put it in perspective though.

SMH....

Hm...Guess we got different tastes then, cuz I got know SONGS from drake thats I'd put on repeat 18-22 times before I listen to that mixtape again

EDIT: maybe its just that i dont like wale...I like Cudi and Asher better than him also
smh.gif
smh.gif
come on bro, this dude is trash. and have you listened to 100 miles and runnin?

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

SMH....

smh.gif
smh.gif
come on bro, this dude is trash. and have you listened to 100 miles and runnin?
Nope, I have only heard his single and his mixtape about nothing...nothing seems to catch my interest

But more importantly, where is the blue smiley with the shades shaking his head downward, its not my lil list
embarassed.gif

I always thought Wale's flow was bananas on some tracks. He'll have those cuts that its not so much, but dude straight spaz on certain tracks. ButDrake mastered his cadence, his flow is better than Wale's...But only by a slim margin.

...Overall, Wale is a better lyricist. But on a lot of tracks, I'd like to hear him culminate his lyrics, so it flows within the content of the song.Sometimes it just sounds like dude just has too much to say.

100 Miles and Running>MTAN>So Far Gone.

...All three are very good mixtapes, btw.

Wale lost me after that Gaga joint. Anytime that song comes up in my iTunes, my stomach turns...

Back
Top Bottom